Mystery liquid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bee

Bee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:14 PM

(Note to moderator: I'm not certain this is the right place for this post, so if not feel free to move it where appropriate...)

I'm looking for some help in identifying a liquid substance that keeps appearing around my home. The most dramatic incident, (ie the one I witnessed rather than came upon after the fact), happened only last week while I was storing some lawn furniture for the winter.

As I was putting away the first chair, I happened to look down and noticed a small brown droplet on the floor in the center of my storage/laundry room. I didn't make much of it and continued on with my chore. A moment later, I notice I had stepped in something wet. Looking down, I saw what was now a large , round puddle, still in the center of the room, and numerous smaller puddles everywhere. Then I realized my clothes were also damp with the same substance. The liquid was tan, oderless and thin. It stained the grout between my ceramic tiles, but dried almost instantly.

Now before anyone says "washing machine leak" or "backed up pipes" not only did I do a through search for a source, I also called a plumber friend to check things out. My first inclination was that perhaps I had dislodged something from my air exchange system, but no. Also this liquid was only in the center of the room, away from any likely source. I had used paper towel to clean up some of the mess, and kept a piece in a clear plastic bag to show the plumber. He couldn't identify it. The paper almost looked like it had been used to clean a paint brush. I showed to a family member as well, and her reaction was to grab the bag from my hand and deposit it in the garbage can at the curb with the instruction to never show her that again and to forget I ever saw the liquid??? I had never mentioned this to her before, and was only looking to ID the substance in my search for a logical source.

The interesting part of all this is that puddles of the mystery liquid have shown up before at my home. Once in was in a flowerpot. Another time, a puddle in my living room. Most bizarrly, this same gunk was outside on my patio one morning. I do have one pet, a cat, but she never goes outdoors. Besides, I'm well aquainted with odor/consistancy of any mess she could create. I do have a history of "poltergeist style" activity around me and/or other family members,(deceased father in particular), in the past, but aside from a couple of "coin tossing" incidents its been years and in another city. I don't scare easily or jump to ghostly conclusions, but I'm running short of ideas here. Any input? Has anyone else ever seen something like this?

#2 Moon Queen

Moon Queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to go on the computer, sing play the piano and listen to my favortie music. Hanging out with friends is cool and we always have a rockin' good time! lol

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

I'm sorry Bee I don't really know what this is. It is very strange sounding though. Maybe you have something leaking I don't know what it couldbe though.
Posted Image"Don't think about tomorrow while your living in today!!"

#3 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

I can't really say that I've heard too much about this sort of thing before.
The only suggestion I could make is to explain to the family member you had approached previously about this and explain that it wasn't the only time it had happened and ask that she please explain anything she knows about it for your own peace of mind.
And if she does tell you anything about it, please let us know :P
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

hi there, very interesting maybe someone here has access to some chemlabs and they can run a test for u..of course getting a sample of it would help.. maybe u can get a glass container and freez it to perserve it.. i wish i could run the test for u but i dont have access.. maybe someone in gv will step foward and take the sample for testing... good luck. matt32

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users