A Haunting: Hell House? [Connecticut]

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46 N. O. T. W. Paranormal

N. O. T. W. Paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Demonology, Biblical Paranormal Investigation, Nature, Biblical Metaphysics, Quantum Physics

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

DO YOU HAVE AN ENLARGED PHOTO OF THE END LOWER WINDOW -

Yes, However extensive examination of the photo shows negative results. What is interesting is that the second window in on the front of the building has an image of an apparition of a cat in the first pane of glass. This window is in the same room that you have mentioned that the previous window is in. I will post the front one next.
Not of this World ,JasonFounder : Not Of This World Paranormal

#47 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

The new enlarged pic has been added to the photos on photobucket. Also I was talking to my sisters and they were very interested in the little girl in the image.

http://s637.photobuc...NOTWPARANORMAL/

If you would all like I could prob take some of your questions about their (my sisters) experiences and interview them with it. I can then post the questions and answers here. Let me know what you think.

We recently have a decent EVP from this home as well. It seems to say "There are 2 of em". Im gIuessing that this was stated because there were two of us investigators on site. When played backwards it sounds as if it says, "we're guarded here".

Anycase, still waiting on the realitors to stop blowing me off. Persistence is the key. :hug:

Hello, I'd love to hear about your sister's experiences at the house - I can't find out much about the previous owners experiences online at all to be honest & I haven't seen the discovery channel show to find out what happened there. How long did it go on for? Who was affected & what happened. I've looked at the house on google street view. Theres an auction sign outside. I think its fishy that the estate agent (sorry I'm in the UK) is fobbing you off...it sounds like they don't like going there themselves. The price is unbelievably low for a house of that size!!.
If it didn't have such a reputation it would be worth me upping sticks & moving to the US - I'd be quids in!!
xx

#48 nooldghos3

nooldghos3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

The new enlarged pic has been added to the photos on photobucket. Also I was talking to my sisters and they were very interested in the little girl in the image.

http://s637.photobuc...NOTWPARANORMAL/

If you would all like I could prob take some of your questions about their (my sisters) experiences and interview them with it. I can then post the questions and answers here. Let me know what you think.

We recently have a decent EVP from this home as well. It seems to say "There are 2 of em". Im guessing that this was stated because there were two of us investigators on site. When played backwards it sounds as if it says, "we're guarded here".

Anycase, still waiting on the realitors to stop blowing me off. Persistence is the key. :hug:

I was looking at the enlarged photo and there appears to be a third face, centered right above the two faces that are circled and something else with eyes ovedr more to the left

#49 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

Before this goes on, I would suggest people not ask the current owners of the house or try to go see the house. Seems to me like almost harassment. I realize the show and movie were great and all but its nothing worth bothering the current owners half to death about.

But I did see the show. I liked it. Still waiting to see the movie.. Though..
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#50 nooldghos3

nooldghos3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

Before this goes on, I would suggest people not ask the current owners of the house or try to go see the house. Seems to me like almost harassment. I realize the show and movie were great and all but its nothing worth bothering the current owners half to death about.

Seems like you have 2 different episodes from the Discovery channel confused. Hell House is a house in Derby, CT, it is for sale, and is unoccupied by humans on Buckingham Rd

The house from the episode of A Haunting on Discovery Channel, and the newly released movie
A Haunting CT, is in Southington, CT on Meriden Rd, and is occupied by newer residents who are being harassed, along with their neighbors, by curious people

#51 Brian76

Brian76

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Actual Real History of Haunted Places, not the hear-say of places like the Shadowlands..

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

I live in Bristol CT not too far from this house in Southington. My Girlfriend works at the hospital down the street. And I got to say, I keep hearing about the current owners, and how upset they are about the whole story about the house being haunted, the movie, all the attention, etc... They keep insisting that there is no truth to any of it, it all bogus, so on... These guys are stupid!!! They are blowing the chance of a lifetime!!!! Even if you don't believe in the paranormal or ghosts, who's to say you can't take a pain in the butt situation and turn it into the chance of a lifetime? I'm a skeptic myself, about a lot of paranormal things, so what I would do if I was them, is play into it. Tell everyone, yes it is haunted! Very haunted! Are you apart of a paranormal group? Sure come on in and take a look... $20 per person to come in and look around. You want to stay the night with your paranormal team, take pictures, evps, whatever? Fine sure! $250 per night. Come in and see our house of horrors.....

Just because you’re not a believer in ghosts, one thing that is very true and undeniable is the power of the good old $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and If I could tell these current owners one thing, it would be not to waste a chance of a lifetime! With the money they could make from some of these paranormal investigators you could have that house paid off in 5 years, then work on buying the lizzy Borden house, and the Amityville house next. Start your own hotel chain of haunted houses, who knows? Anyone like this idea? Let's get some investors going, with the market the way it is, there has got to be a famous haunted house on the foreclosed list, now's the time to buy!! Got to strike while the iron is hot!! Hey, how much to you think Dracula’s castle goes for? That is got to be the grand daddy of money making potential

#52 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

There are some things you just can't put a price tag on. Privacy would be one of them.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#53 Brian76

Brian76

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Actual Real History of Haunted Places, not the hear-say of places like the Shadowlands..

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

There are some things you just can't put a price tag on. Privacy would be one of them.

Ya your right. However these people, and people who are like them lost there privacy anyway. As soon as the movie came out, they've had people come up to their door on a daily basis asking to come in and look around. Since then they've been really agravated by this and went as far as to speak out to the local newspaper about what they had to go threw. So this kinda thing is going to happen no matter what... My sugestion to them whould be, instead of getting mad at everyone, try to imbrace it, and see if you could make some money off it, cause people are going to show up and invade your privacy anyway..

#54 S.p.o.o.c.s.09

S.p.o.o.c.s.09

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Derby Neck Rd. In Derby Connecticut??

I always heard it was in Fairfield...
S.P.O.O.C.S.

#55 S.p.o.o.c.s.09

S.p.o.o.c.s.09

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Derby Neck Rd. doesnt even come up on my GPS....
S.P.O.O.C.S.

#56 nooldghos3

nooldghos3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:16 AM

Derby Neck Rd. doesnt even come up on my GPS....

Yes, its in Derby, thats why the episode is called Derby Hell House, GPS dont always show each and every road, you can scroll back to other postings for the exact address, directions, etc.

#57 nooldghos3

nooldghos3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

Just an update for you all. The realitor is giving me hell about showing me the house. They want very little to do with it. They marked the house to be sold "AS IS". I am going to ask to see the disclosure statement as well. I am calling them back today.

APPARENTLY THE HOUSE HAS RECENTLY SOLD-WONDER IF THE NEW OWNERS HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCES OR IF THEY WILL!!??

#58 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

i have a friend who lives in connecticut, ill ask him if he knows anything about this

I'm sorry but I ccouldn't find any referencce to a "Hell House"" in Connecticut in any of my sourcces, at least.

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#59 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

i have a friend who lives in connecticut, ill ask him if he knows anything about this

I'm sorry but I ccouldn't find any referencce to a "Hell House"" in Connecticut in any of my sourcces, at least.

I think the name Hell House came from the Discovery Series "A Haunting". the title of the episode was Hell House, if i am correct it is the same house that was the subject of the book A Devil In Connecticut.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#60 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe it wwill help me with trying to find it among my material. :)

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users