Central New York Haunts.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sincityhaunt

sincityhaunt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:45 PM

If any one is or lives in Syracuse new york then they know what I mean when i mention the landmark theatre. Built and opened in 1928 it is reportably haunted by 2 ghosts one of a lady named clarissa "the lady in white" as she is known who fell over the balcony and died. The other ghost is saaid to be of a maintenance man named richard. Smells of lilac from clarissa have been smelled and evps have been recorded of her saying "I fell off". They held a ghost hunt in october to benefit the theatre due to power bills that get as high as 25,000 a month and are having trouble atracting major artists due to the venues size. The Landmark is set in downtown Syracuse New York i had a chance to go to a concert there when you walk in its like walking back to the past The landmark is located at 362 s. salina st. For more info please contact the central new york ghost hunters. the theatre is not open for the public they do have a web sight that list the events just type in land mark thetre in syracuse i dont have the exact www. so please save the land mark

thanks
sincityhaunts

#2 MsKimm

MsKimm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:50 PM

I've been to the Landmark Theater in Syracuse, NY a number of times. Like you, I have heard the stories of hauntings in it's historic walls. Unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of witnessing any paranormal event while there. The building itself is amazingly beautiful. It is well worth visiting while in the area. Ticket Master lists upcoming events to the theater if anyone is interested! :ghost:

#3 AJ-AJ

AJ-AJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:58 AM

In addition to The Landmark Theater I would add: The ridge at Split Rock Quarry on any July 12th, Cedarvale Road in Camillus (Thirteen Curves), The old Zetts Brewery at Lodi and Court street.

#4 ghosthunter1980

ghosthunter1980

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

In addition to The Landmark Theater I would add: The ridge at Split Rock Quarry on any July 12th, Cedarvale Road in Camillus (Thirteen Curves), The old Zetts Brewery at Lodi and Court street.

The date for the Split rock incident is July 2, 1918. not the 12th. despite what other sites say. this is from the rootsweb website:

"July 2, 1918 - 6 p.m. Fifty persons killed and over 100 injured in an explosion at the Split Rock Semet-Solvay Corporation munitions plant while producing explosives essential to the Allied war effort. Ten buildings are leveled, and $2 milllion worth of property destroyed."

also looking for any info on the lady haunting the Landmark Theater. (looking for last name or possibly where she's supposedly buried). I've tried looking through cemetery records of her and can't find anything.

plz help anyway u can :hug:

ghosthunter1980

#5 Roadlife

Roadlife

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:47 AM

The date for the Split rock incident is July 2, 1918. not the 12th. despite what other sites say. this is from the rootsweb website:

"July 2, 1918 - 6 p.m. Fifty persons killed and over 100 injured in an explosion at the Split Rock Semet-Solvay Corporation munitions plant while producing explosives essential to the Allied war effort. Ten buildings are leveled, and $2 milllion worth of property destroyed."

also looking for any info on the lady haunting the Landmark Theater. (looking for last name or possibly where she's supposedly buried). I've tried looking through cemetery records of her and can't find anything.

plz help anyway u can :hug:

ghosthunter1980

About Claire,

As of 1995, I can confirm she exists in spirit. I saw her in section 101 at the Landmark when I entered the loading dock on a show for the evening. I also exprienced her moving within a small space (with a large mirror) while I was examining a room on the second floor of the complex. Another individual, sensitive to this spirit, confirmed she was there and we actually felt her move from right to left above us when we both verbally recognized "something moving" was there. We agreed it was Claire. Portions of this room might have collapsed in an explosion at the Split Rock Semet-Solvay Corporation munitions plant as noted in this blog. The collapse might have killed Claire - so I was told. Fire was not a issue with her death. I walked the building up and down and only found her spirit in section 101 and the room below. I felt she did not now how to leave this earthly plain at that time.

roadlife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users