Fairies

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#16 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:13 PM

http://www.storm-wol...ium/general.htm

#17 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:17 PM

This looks like a good link, i hope im not pasting links up that are already here, sorry if i am...

http://faerie.monstrous.com/

#18 Nightwing

Nightwing

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:49 AM

While this is the subject of it's own thread...I thought perhaps it may apply here.
I don't know it this would count as a faerie...but given the long history of the "green man of the forest" and associated legends..it was at the moment I realised what was in this photo, that all things to me, became possible...
Is this the green man? I don't know..but there is something in that tree, and it looks for all the world like the legends portray it....

Posted Image
There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth......

#19 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:11 AM

Despite my previous fears about our green friend in the picture above
Even I have to admit its a very hard case to argue against...
It could be the green man himself or one of his kin...
So thanks Nightwing the subject of your picture may very well have quite a bit more to do with this topic than anyone could imagine!
I'm going to go prowling around the internet to see what else I can find on this aspect! :D

*edit*

and having done so at least this part of my search...
ive found few links that didnt have much to do with merchandising as much as they had to do with being informative...
However one thing i did notice is that all the artwork, jewelry and the such depicting the green man shows him having a face covered/surrounded by leaves...very interesting that i can easily imagine the leaves also could represent the color of his face/skin...

here are the links

http://www.mythingli...t~greenmen.html

http://www.canterbur...an.fsnet.co.uk/

http://website.lineone.net/~dominicow/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#20 Nightwing

Nightwing

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

Thank you so much Lu...
That picture has frankly, haunted me since I realised what may be on it.
There is an amazing history of the Green man..not only the traditional Celtic version, but in nearly every culture, the idea of a forest spirit, appearing as a Green Man, is to be found..
As in any photo of this nature, we will never be sure what exactly is on it...but the more I look at it, the less I think it's just a chance of light.
There IS someone there, and he(she?) was watching from a perch high in a Tree, deep in a swamp, on a humid summer day...what, or who it was..I will never know.
But I feel honored that it gave me the chance to preserve it's image.
I suspect I am not to first to see this image, and won't be the last.
There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth......

#21 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

Well I for one never once believed it was a trick of light and I sure as heck cant mistake it for matrixing or pixellation there. Crap I can literally make out a nose on the bugger right down to the nostrils!

No doubt about it in my mind that someone is there.
(Who or what that someone is, is anyones guess which is why I was so initially freaked. :blink: )
The more I look at this picture though the more I'm convinced you have something really special there... (and believe you me im envious as Hell. :weeee: )
But hey as long as I'm lucky enough to even see the copy here I feel honored myself to tell the truth.

:P
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#22 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

I don't know it this would count as a faerie...but given the long history of the "green man of the forest" and associated legends..it was at the moment I realised what was in this photo, that all things to me, became possible...
Is this the green man?  I don't know..but there is something in that tree, and it looks for all the world like the legends portray it....

Here is an interesting book, concerning this subject! Angels and Aliens ;)

#23 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

I Do Believe In Fairies . . . I DO I DO!

sorry, Peter Pan fanatic . . . *raises hand*
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:37 AM

I do believe in fairies, i do i do !!

#25 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:28 PM

Posted Image

Look at the figure circled in purple. It looks like a fairy to me. The others, I
don't know.

And nightwind, that pic has always spooked me!
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#26 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

That is a cool picture Libra, Sorry to say, but I don't beleive in Fairies.
-Chris-

#27 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:33 AM

Chris you dont have to apologize if your opinion differs in here. :P

Libra that is definitely a fascinating pic! :D

#28 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

Chris you dont have to apologize if your opinion differs in here. :weeee:

Thanks Lula :D
-Chris-

#29 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:46 AM

Sinestro, that's okay. I like to believe in the things I did when I was a little
girl. It helps to keep me young! :D
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#30 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

Oh my, it seems this thread was quite active while I was AWOL. :(

Nightwing, that is a truly remarkable picture, I'm glad you shared it with us. I can't help but think it looks a lot like the nature spirits in "Princess Mononoke." Perhaps they are based off of this legend.

In any case, thanks for bringing up a new idea for me to explore.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users