Fairies

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

Thank you so much for bringing up faeries...for some reason, people don't talk about them much...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#32 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:03 PM

well, i have no idea if anyone will believe this, but I believe in Faries as much as I do in life itself. There is no way I could question weither they exist or not, I have known many over my short 19 yr life..... couldn't believe in a world without them.....

wish they would let me take pic tho >.< I guess they like cameras as much as I do^_^
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#33 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

well, i have no idea if anyone will believe this, but I believe in Faries as much as I do in life itself. There is no way I could question weither they exist or not, I have known many over my short 19 yr life..... couldn't believe in a world without them.....

wish they would let me take pic tho >.< I guess they like cameras as much as I do^_^

what a great post!! I would love to hear more , if you care to share your knowledge, have you had experiences with them? sounds that way in your post.. please do tell! I believe in them.. I like daewen mentioned, dont think there is enough talk about them :)

Simmy

#34 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:24 AM

personally... i could write a book based on my experiences with faeries alone^_^ lol. i knew they existed as a kid without prompting from my parents, know someone who has a fey individual as their protecting spirit(she has a bad attitude>.< lol) and still having experiences to this day. haven't seen any in a while, but the tree outside my bedroom is a fantastic place to find them... when i think of specifics I will post^_^
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#35 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:40 AM

I look forward to reading your book! lol

seriously, i would love to hear a story or two or three lol..

PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE keep trying to get a pic of them, perhaps catch them unawares!! I would love to prove to myself that they are real, as much as i believe in them, i would love to just see one! And know ,without a doubt , it was a fairy :)

Can you describe what they look like? the Fairies you speak of?

Obviously you would of seen the two pics i posted up...what did you think of them?

#36 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

I'm fascinated by all things fairy- tell me; what are they like?

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#37 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:42 PM

yes Simmy, I have seen your pics, and especially the second one is AWESOME! those are some of the best i have seen.

About what they look like, I can only say that they are smaller versions of people. They have many different characteristics like their hair is much nicer than a humans, their skin is a little more lighter than most with almost a moonbeam quality, and that their personalities, to me at least, is what makes them interesting.

The ones that I have known are DEFFENTALLY independent in their opinions about anything. Also, they are not easily offended but when you do offend them, plan on having so much trouble you cannot handle it^_^

Also, they are VERY dedicated to family without a doubt. Also their dedication braches to the humans they cherish and love.

Sry if I ramble, I rarely talk about them to anyone^_^

#38 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

I would have to say I never realy have thought of it in a so say "True Way".

But, I wouldent realy know. I geuss i would say I do.

Its all way Real untill you prove it UnTrue.

Posted Image

#39 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:51 PM

besides Preteen.... another way of looking at is that you need to live by what you know, to be able to believe... i am one of those people who live by what i know, so i usually have no reason to discredit something later in life. Its easier that way :lol:

#40 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

I believe in the Fairy Realm although I haven't experienced them really. I remember reading something long ago, that when the veil is thin you will be able to see shimmering sparkles in the air. This means that Faeiries are near. I remember seeing those sparkles in the air when I was a child, but haven't seen it much since I've grown-up. There have been rare occasions while spending time in the woods where I have seen it...but those times are few and far between.

:lol:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#41 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

nohara_megami, You call that rambling?? :weeee: Obviously you havent seen some of my posts!! I'm the queen of ramble !! lol...thankyou so much for typing that up! Gee i wish i could see them in real life or in more pics.. I see those pics i uploaded, but its not enough proof for me :weeee: I believe in them, but still want proof, does that make sense lol.. GRR @ my confusing head! :weeee: Neither of those two pics are mine, they were both from other sites, belonging to other people :weeee: But pics i cannot forget in a hurry, The one with the green fairy I found in the pic, the girl who owns the pics asked me to take a look and see if i see anything in her pics, i found that! :weeee:

Anytime you care to share more about them i (and i'm sure others) would love to hear more :weeee:

thankyou for taking the time to type that up!

Simmy

#42 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

*bonking Simmy in the head with the brick i use to knock myself out at night*

http://www.ghostvill...ndpost&p=116806

hate to tell ya this Simmy but i STILL say thems fairies :weeee:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#43 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:16 AM

Whoops, i had forgotten about that pic lol..yeah, its a bit suspect!! What do you think of that one nohara_megami ? :weeee:

#44 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:42 AM

I used to look for the Wee Folk in my back yard and in my Grandfather's garden :) Don't recall actually seeing them, but I always believed, and still do, that they exisit.

I've also been convinced down the line that one or two followed my Grandmother over to Canada from Ireland and attached themselves to me after her death. Just little things, ya know? Like, hubby's jewlery going missing all the time.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#45 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

Nohara, by the behaviour I'd guess that what you've met is Brownies- though that they're not easily offended must be down to the individual, because I heard their love could turn to hate very easily. The description fits with a tuetonic description I read once of the brownie- though only the hands and forearms were seen on that occasion. Tell me, how much smaller are your fairies? are we talking thumbellina size here? or pygmy? child sized?

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users