143 replies to this topic

#1 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:07 PM

I have a question for everyone.

Do you believe in the Fey and the Faery Realm?

I personally do. I've had interactions with them my entire life. I've never come across a malevolant one, they've always been nice (though some are very mischevious!).
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

#2 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

I havent had anything to do with them, i mean, never seen them as far as i know, my kids believe in them , of course they are only young, i believe in them :D... I think i have pics that show them...I should find one in particular and upload it...its definately worth a squizz!

#3 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:22 PM

Ok heres two pics i think have fairys in them..THEY ARE NOT MY PICS...the double pic i found on some paranormal site somwhere, could of been ghoststudy, i cant remmeber, i just remember being awe struck by it , just love it..and the other was a pic i was looking for ghosties on it for a girl on another site i'm a member at...i think its a good shot !

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

I want to believe, I use to as a child...Nacht_Wolf I hope you'll post about your interactions with them, i'm sure i'm not alone when I say we'd love to hear about it :D

Simmy, those are gorgeous pics
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#5 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

Simmy, those are amazing pictures. The clarity in the second set is great.

As for my own experiences, there are many. I think a lot of people see faeries without knowing what they are. It has been explained to me that they have much higher vibrational levels than we do, so we as humans don't usually see them. It takes a lot of effort and energy to bring their vibrational levels to where our human faculties can accept them.

For example, how many times have you seen a flash of colour out of the corner of your eye and have not been able to explain it away? That's a faerie lowering its vibrational level because it wants you to see it.

An experience like this happened to me and my mother years ago. I kept seeing a flash of brown around the house all the time for about three weeks. One day I went to pick up her shoe which was behind the couch and as I brought it close to me something brown darted out of it, and rushed past my face. I, naturally, was startled and made a noise. Suddenly, I confessed to my mother (who was in the room at the time) that I had been seeing this thing for some time. She looked immediately relieved. She said that she had been seeing the same thing. A few days after that she saw him clearly sitting by her potted plants. He waved and left. Apparenlty, he just wanted to be recognized by us.

#6 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

I love faeries! Can't ya tell? LOL :D
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#7 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:17 PM

:lol: WELCOME TO GHOST VILLAGE!! :D

Thats a very interesting experience youve had Nacht_Wolf thanks for sharing it.
Ive never seen one of the fey folk but Ive always accepted them as fact because I know theres far more to this world than what our eyes can see.

And dont let Simmy fool you...As far as Im concerned she does have one pic that looks to me as if there are two fairies in it.

That close up you have of your next door pic Simmy. You remember the man and woman up in the tree? Im going to go look for it and try to post it up here. :)

*edit*
heres the pic im talking about shame its a bit pixelly but none the less
Posted Image
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#8 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

Yeah i love that pic, i did think of that one, but somone said i was off my rocker, so i wiped it from my memory :P ...thanks boo...i truly think, it looks like a guy and girl, in clothing...

#9 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:48 AM

So what does everybody think of the vibrational level theory? Has anyone else heard of other theories to explain the fey? I love to hear about scientific theories that try to explain the paranormal and preternatural.

#10 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

actually im inclined to call your vibrational level theory a vibrational level fact :) simply because ive also heard that through meditation we can heighten our senses to help us see the fey (amongst others) more clearly...

as far as what science has to offer i cant say that ive seen anything from that area of discovery to explain them

they do however seem to be directly tied to Celtic history

ill try to see if i can find more links that will be of some use

these look interesting enough

http://www.geocities...990/faerie.html

http://www.geocities...aeriemagick.htm

http://www.fortuneci.../102/faerie.htm

hope this helps :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:56 PM

Great links lulaboo!

I've read a number of books on the topic (the art of many of them are on the websites). I really like learning about the faerie realm and Tir na Nog, as well as the Seelie and Unseelie courts.

And as for the scientific part of my replies, please don't think that I'm really cynical. I personally think that just because science can't prove something, doesn't mean that it isn't there regardless. For example, science can't really figure out why we sleep and dream (something I learned in my psychology class).

#12 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

And as for the scientific part of my replies, please don't think that I'm really cynical. I personally think that just because science can't prove something, doesn't mean that it isn't there regardless. For example, science can't really figure out why we sleep and dream (something I learned in my psychology class).

I couldnt agree with you more Nacht_Wolf though I have to admit Im a hard nosed cynic at times but thats only for the sake of look for the rational explanation first...

When science cant seem to find a rational explanation Im not one to insist that its pure folly
Otherwise so many different people through the ages (across the world as a matter of fact) wouldnt be having thier own experiences (that are alike to a certain degree)...therefore there must be some fact to it
Especially with all the history and legend connected to the fey ( I myself have only recently renewed my interest in the entire subject so i think this is going to be a great re-learning experience for me :) )

And because Science cant seem to explain everything in this world ...
To me that means theres still some mystery and magic to our world :D

#13 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:54 PM

I do in a way---maybe not in exactly the classic folkloric sense, but I believe in nature spirits and otherworld beings---and I don't doubt some of them could well be much the way we think of fairies.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#14 Nacht_Wolf

Nacht_Wolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:57 PM

lulaboo: I'm glad to correspond with someone that thinks along the same lines of rationality that I do. It's refreshing.

Yosei: You brought up a very good point about nature/elemental spirits. I probably should have added them into the original post. Though they appear to be classified as different things, I alwys think of them in very similar terms to the fey because they fey are so connected to nature and the land. As for what they look like, it's been my experience and learning that though some may look like the typical winged faerie we see, others take very different forms. Some of which are apparently very disturbing (glad I've never seen one of those!).

#15 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 06:12 AM

Ive found a few links on Nature Spirits as well :D

http://www.crystalin...re_spirits.html

http://www.mythingli...ureSpirits.html

http://www.oregonbd....ure_spirits.htm

http://www.occultope...ure_spirits.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users