Aleister Crowley

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:28 AM

Thanks, Marty. You explained all that much better than I did. Never meant to imply for a minute that I thought Crowley was a Satanist. Just that Anton Lavey's version of Satanism incorporated a lot of Crowley's ideas. And it should be noted that Lavey and other mainline Satanists don't actually worship the Devil or any deity.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#32 martyg

martyg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:55 AM

Thanks, Marty. You explained all that much better than I did. Never meant to imply for a minute that I thought Crowley was a Satanist. Just that Anton Lavey's version of Satanism incorporated a lot of Crowley's ideas. And it should be noted that Lavey and other mainline Satanists don't actually worship the Devil or any deity.

No problem. Actually - a lot of "modern" western esoteric systems borrow material from the same place Crowley initially got it - the Golden Dawn.

#33 xstarchild

xstarchild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

I was just listening to an old Coast to Coast AM show about him. Go to www.coasttocoastam.com and look him up.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.

#34 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

I'll have to check that out. Thanks Xstarchild.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#35 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

All of this discussion and nobody posted this?

Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne

Mr. crowley, what went on in your head
Mr. crowley, did you talk with the dead
Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
You waited on satan's call

Mr. charming, did you think you were pure
Mr. alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred manifest on this earth
Conceived in the eye of a secret
And they scattered the afterbirth

Solo

Mr. crowley, won't you ride my white horse
Mr. crowley, it's symbolic of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear maidens call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

Epilogue:
Was it polemically sent
I wanna know what you meant
I wanna know
I wanna know what you meant
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#36 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

;) :( :headbang:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#37 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:56 PM

As you can tell, the song really doesn't praise Aleister at all. It is more of a disbelief in his lifestyle.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#38 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:44 AM

Does anybody know the story of this guy? I have heard this and that about him but I don't really know what is true and what is blown up. I have heard that he was one of the most evil men of all time. I know he was deeply into black magic and tarot, ect. What did he do to be known as being evil? I know Ozzy Osbourne wrote a song about him, so he had to be somebody big.

The wierdest part about it in my oppinion is the similarity between his and my name.
just look at the similarity:

A***** Cawley
Aliester Crowley

(shudders) What could this mean?!?!

(I took out my first name for identity purposes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users