#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

Matrixing means the process of where Something resembling such an array, as in the regular formation of elements into columns and rows.
Posted Image

#3 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:44 PM

Amongst paranormal investigators and people who are into spirit photography, matrixing refers to complex patterns and shapes such as shadows or trees that form an image of a face or figure. You'll see something like a face in a pic but the face is formed from several parts of other items and shadows and is not really what it looks like. The human brain is wired to recognize certain shapes and patterns as faces so sometimes the more you look at a matrixing pic, the more it looks like a real face even though it's not ONE object.

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:05 AM

I like to think of it simply as the brain's making sense of image patterns, like an optical illusion. I have a matrixing theories regarding sounds and smells also. The sounds such as those in white noise or radio static can cause the mind to hear voices. I refer to this as sound matrixing. The same could be applied to scents also, when several odors combine, the brain may interpret them as something altogether different.

Edited by Axman, 15 November 2005 - 02:05 AM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:14 AM

I have a matrixing theories regarding sounds and smells also. The sounds such as those in white noise or radio static can cause the mind to hear voices. I refer to this as sound matrixing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One good example of this is what I think lies in the category of the "Cocktail party effect." A person will be in a semi noisy/crowded room focusing on the conversation of one speaker and tuning everything else out. Then they will suddenly hear their name called out. We're naturally programmed to respond to familliarities through all our senses and the most familliar sound to our auditory sense is our name. Once that person hears their name called out, they momentarily tune out the first person with whom they were focusing on to either visibly or discreetly seek out whomever it had been who had called their attention. If someone had called their attention. On some occasions it had been a mix of various sounds at the same moment and frequency which sounded close to the name called out.

Another example of visual matrixing aside from the one that Shawn333 has given is when we look up at the clouds and see familliar objects to us. A face, human or animal figure, boat, dragon etc. :D
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users