moving objects...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Life, death, love, cowboys, black and white photography, gravestone rubbings, cemetaries, good literature, music, fluffy stuff, sleep, night, and...love.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:42 PM

i have an old chair in my room (i'm not sure how old, but i believe it was from around the turn of the century) just a nice, compact black straight back chair with a leather seat that was my great grandmother, matilda's (the one who's spirit i believe still sticks around.) the chair often time moves. i have it set in the corner of the room on the other side of my bed where i rarely venture near. it usually moves from there to in front of my big window of the end of bed and once into the middle of my room. i'm pretty sure no one living in my house is doing it, because my house is fairly small and i usually know when someone's in my room. not only that, but it's moved on several occasions on it's own when i'm home alone.

is moving furniture very common? who else has had something like this happen? i'm not crazy, am i? lol... ^_^

.: dun dun dun :.Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein achtich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissenich hab euch etwas mitgebrachthab es aus meiner Brust gerissenMit diesem Herz hab ich die Machtdie Augenlider zu erpressenich singe bis der Tag erwachtein heller Schein am FirmamentMein Herz brennt

#2 Blue Water

Blue Water

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Truth searching, the paranormal, mythology, writing, reading, art, backwoods hiking and philosophy.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

I have heard a number of stories about moving objects Black, so you're not alone. It is likely a ghost that is attached to the chair. Maybe the ghost of a dog or a young child. I doubt an adult ghost would stay attached to a chair, although it is possible.

#3 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:23 AM

one night i was feeling a presence in my room, a fairly strong one!

well, as fright took over... i went to the living room, my cat has just finished eating from his bowl on the floor, next to that bowl is a water bowl, i swear to god the water bowl moved on its own!!!!! even the cat jumped out of surprize looking at it..

well, it only moved a few inches, but i just had a hunch that something was gonna happen there because i looked at the water bowl for no reason

#4 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:38 AM

I have seen this, too. One of the end chairs of my dining room set is always pulled out and sitting at an angle - just enough room for someone to sit in it. I'm CONSTANTLY pushing that chair back in.

My guess for mine moving is this... My house was built in the 40's - the original owner that built it died in 1991 and his wife lived until 2003. The house fell into disrepair and she basically lived in the dining room and kitchen, because the house was falling apart everywhere else (walls crumbling, holes in the ceiling/roof, etc). I think that she still frequents the dining room and kitchen. :wow:
Posted Image

#5 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

LOL No you're not crazy Black, there are quite a few reasons why a piece of furniture would be moved around. Paranormal and non paranormal.
One example of my own. When I first moved into my grandmas house much earlier this year I had some problems with my bed because it was constantly being moved away from the window I have it by.
One explanation for it is that since my floor is one of the only 2 hardwood floors in the house and my bed (I use the term loosely because I'ts just a mattress on with alot of pillows and blankets for me to snuggle into LOL) is directly on the floor. My heartbeat is strong enough to generate movement for my bed to slide in one direction but it usually takes a few weeks for there to be anything noticeable and I have to move my bed back.
The other explanation (because this happened 3 times in about a half hour period)
I was the only one in the house and just had my shower and got dressed and noticed my bed was out of place so I pushed it back against the window and went to my 'puter (in my room) to goof off on the net, where else but here :hug:
anywaya few minutes went by and I turned around and saw my bed was pulled away from the window again so I pushed it back thinking maybe I imagined oushing it back earlier. Not long after that however I was getting up to get a drink and noticed the bed was pulled away from the window again! I pushed it back one last time and said I was going for a drink and when I get back my bed better be where I left it. I came back and it stayed put lol though it wouldn't be the first or last time I'd have an arguement about how far away from the window it should be. I figure it was my uncle doing that (He passed on in the room I have) because he may have known I have an aversion to looking out windows after dark. At the time the way I had my bed positioned my head was directly beneath the window so I rearranged the position of my bed and now the only times I have to move it are every few weeks due to the natural explanation.

With other furniture in the home being moved about it usually involves how old the house structure wise and how easily the furniture can be moved in the first place.. Depending on the amount of traffic in a room the vibrations of footsteps can result in furiniture moving but as I said earlier it usually takes a while before anyone will see a noticeable difference and that would be a natural explanation.

Paranormal explanations would involve poltergeist and or telekinetic activity and I've read plenty of instances of furniture and other objects being moved around when no natural explanation could account for it :D
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Life, death, love, cowboys, black and white photography, gravestone rubbings, cemetaries, good literature, music, fluffy stuff, sleep, night, and...love.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

*takes notes* insterestink ^^;

i just love the chair though, i have no idea why. it's kind of odd because i usually couldn't care less about furniture and stuff, but for some reason i absolutely love this chair!

.: dun dun dun :.Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein achtich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissenich hab euch etwas mitgebrachthab es aus meiner Brust gerissenMit diesem Herz hab ich die Machtdie Augenlider zu erpressenich singe bis der Tag erwachtein heller Schein am FirmamentMein Herz brennt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users