• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT FINDING ONE TO PUT ON THERE? I'M JUST ON MY 2ND DAY ON THIS SITE.... TKS HRTMENDER

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you click on My Controls (found on top of every page) you will find yourself in your personal control panel. In the control panel, you can read and compose PM (personal messages); change your profile info; and change your personal photo and avatar.

Ghost Village offers many standard avatars, but you can upload an image from your computer to a hosting site (we currently promote Putfile.com), but any that allows direct linking will work.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#2 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT FINDING ONE TO PUT ON THERE? I'M JUST ON MY 2ND DAY ON THIS SITE.... TKS HRTMENDER

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you click on My Controls (found on top of every page) you will find yourself in your personal control panel. In the control panel, you can read and compose PM (personal messages); change your profile info; and change your personal photo and avatar.

Ghost Village offers many standard avatars, but you can upload an image from your computer to a hosting site (we currently promote Putfile.com), but any that allows direct linking will work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, Aloha, but I uploaded an avatar to putfile, and tried to use the URL in the avatar box, and it didn't work. It said "formatted incorrectly". So, why not take us illiterates step-by-step, here? (unless you want to change my avatar for the rest of my natural life ;) )
Posted Image

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

Copy from the BB link next time Bathory.... ;)

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

When you upload files to Putfile, it gives you the raw URL, BB Code, and HTML. For your avatar and personal photo, use the raw URL. For the forums and your signature, use BB Code.

#5 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

This is the error message I'm getting, even when using the URL code:Sorry, but the URL you entered for your avatar was incorrectly formatted or the link is not valid.

This is the avatar I'm trying to use:http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32202080557.gif&s=x11

Now, you don't have to change it for me, just tell we what I'm doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!

*banging head on the floor* :drink2:
Posted Image

#6 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:39 AM

Spook, I tried the BB code, too, and it says "not a valid file extension"

...............I need a hot toddy..............
Posted Image

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:42 AM

Use imageshack or have a photobucket account.

use the link which starts http:// and ends something like .gif or .jpg or .png those are the valid file name extensions.
Posted Image

#8 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

Success with Photobucket! Thanks, Moonie! :wave:
Posted Image

#9 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:45 AM

I found a really cool avatar, but I'm having problems resizing it so I can use it here.
Posted Image

#10 bathory313

bathory313

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

I found a really cool avatar, but I'm having problems resizing it so I can use it here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the thingie automatically resized it for you, or had a box you could check if it was too big?

I'd suggest using your photo editor program.......downsize it with the stretch/skew tool.
Posted Image

#11 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

To resize it, right click on the image, and then save it to your desktop. Open your paint program.

Start... programs...accessories.... paint

In the paint program, open the picture that you just saved to your desktop.

On the top of the paint program, find the word Image, and click on it.

From the drop down menu, click on stretch/skew.

Another window will open.

Where it says stretch.. horizontal.. vertical... change both numbers to something smaller than 100%. Change them both at the same time to save some work. Repeat this until it's the size you want. Then click File.. save.

The newly resized image will now replace the larger one that you had.

You should now be able to save it as your avatar.
Posted Image

#12 F1_Fan

F1_Fan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1<br />PS3<br />Reading<br />Model Making<br />Home Improvement<br />History<br />Wildlife

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Hi,

I'm really struggling to get my avatars to work on here. When I enter the link I am told my avatar has been updated. However there is no preview pic & the image does not show next to my posts.

On occasions I manage to get an avatar to show but when I return it has gone again.

Please help!

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi,

I'm really struggling to get my avatars to work on here. When I enter the link I am told my avatar has been updated. However there is no preview pic & the image does not show next to my posts.

On occasions I manage to get an avatar to show but when I return it has gone again.

Please help!

Would you mind posting the URL of the image?

#14 F1_Fan

F1_Fan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1<br />PS3<br />Reading<br />Model Making<br />Home Improvement<br />History<br />Wildlife

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

Would you mind posting the URL of the image?

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/daon.jpg

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Kindly use this link: http://img843.images...43/884/daon.jpg instead of the one you posted above. This one is a direct linking URL. I tried it on my profile and it works. Good luck.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users