Astral travel anyone?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:18 PM

Ok, who's done it, and how did you do it?

Accident or on purpose?

Who or what did you see?

spooks :ghost:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#2 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:02 AM

Aside from my belief that we travel astrally when we sleep, the only time that I can vividly recall travelling outside my body was the first time it happened and purely by accident. It was afternoon and I was in my late teens and was laying down on my bed trying to take a nap but couldn't. I heard my mom in the next room (living room mine was next to it) and felt myself being pulled up by the legs. I opened my eyes and looked out the open door to my room and basically freaked out because the vantage point I had was much higher than what it should have been if I was on my bed. LOL I was screaming for help and no one could hear me and I was not about to look down below me to see if I could see my body. Thought I was dead for a minute and that was the last thing I wanted to see :headbang:

After a few minutes I saw that I was getting lowered down and felt myself jump when I finally returned to my body. There are a few other times that something like that has happened when I was awake but I never travel too far If I do more than look up and around the room when I'm meditating (haven't got too comfortable with going very far but I'm starting to get a bit adventureous anymore) and I never look at myself. LOL dont want to see my own body before it's my time to go :D
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:44 AM

We have had extensive discussion on this subject, click these links for a peek-a-boo! :headbang:

Astral Travel and Projection
Astral Travel
Astral Travel

moving this to Spirit Communications Board.
Posted Image

#4 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:16 AM

I've not experienced this, but I can tell you about an experience my mom had. She said she was laying in bed meditating and said she felt her spirit leaving her body and she got up and was standing there looking at herself laying in bed. She said that she wasn't sure what to do, so she went outside - everything looked different (i.e. apartments were gone, stores were different, etc), so she started walking down one of the main streets just looking around. She said an older man in a suit saw her and said "Oh my God! You aren't supposed to be here. How did you get here?" She told him she wasn't sure and he said she had to go back. He took her back to her bed, but she didn't want to re-enter her body. She said he told that she had no choice, this was not her time. She said he pushed her back into her body through her head.

I've gotta be honest - I was barely 20 and was REALLY skeptical. She drew me a map of the street and where everything would be located. I kept the map, so we could check it. It's been almost 20 years, and it's amazing, but that map almost shows the exact layout of that street today. Over the years, more of the things that she said she saw there have been built exactly where she said they would.
Posted Image

#5 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:36 AM

Great stories Boo & Nightangle. Thanks

Anyone out there do this on purpose? :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#6 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:24 PM

We have had extensive discussion on this subject, click these links for a peek-a-boo! :D

Astral Travel and Projection
Astral Travel
Astral Travel

moving this to Spirit Communications Board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Moon.... :ghost:

#7 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:53 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

The first time I purposely tried it (against warnings NOT to by a friend). I relaxed my entire body, focused on 'getting out'......I got about halfway 'out' before I got violently SLAMMED back into my body by someone or something. It felt like I had been body slammed by Andre the Giant. At that point, every muscle in my body locked up and contracted. It passed after a few seconds, and I never tried it again (conciously).

Experience 2: I was lying on my bed, not asleep, but relaxing. I suddenly realized I was watching a woman vaccum a carpet! I was hovering above her, just watching her go about her housework. Mundane, but it still counts.

Experience 3: I had a few seconds where I entered the body of a man that was engaging in an activity (never mind). I was not asleep, but again in that verrrrry relaxed state.

Experience 4: I had a vision of flying once. I flew around for a bit and then 'landed' back in my bedroom. It was far beyond any mundane dream. The best one I've had!
Posted Image

#8 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Cool stories...... :clap:

#9 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

Cool stories...... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you go about learning how to do this , are you allowd to explain how to do it

#10 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

There are many good books on the subject, and I'm sure there are scads of websites about it.

What I've read says that you conciously relax your body, head to foot. You then focus on 'getting up' or 'getting out' of your physical shell. A lot of people say they did it the first time accidentally! One book suggested going to bed very thirsty, so that you want to 'get up' for some water. Most books will say that the experience, the first time is so frightening, that you have to fight the urge to dive back in your body. They also speak of a 'silver cord' that ties you to your body, so that your spirit can't get lost.

Here is a good place to start:Travelling without moving!

Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Posted Image

#11 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:51 AM

There are many good books on the subject, and I'm sure there are scads of websites about it.

What I've read says that you conciously relax your body, head to foot. You then focus on 'getting up' or 'getting out' of your physical shell.  A lot of people say they did it the first time accidentally!  One book suggested going to bed very thirsty, so that you want to 'get up' for some water.  Most books will say that the experience, the first time is so frightening, that you have to fight the urge to dive back in your body.  They also speak of a 'silver cord' that ties you to your body, so that your spirit can't get lost.

Here is a good place to start:Travelling without moving!

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you i am goin g to try ,

#12 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:36 AM

hi if you want to learn about Astral travells go to this link ,its has amazing information , explains more than you could hope for :whoohoo:

http://www.oberf.org/faq's.htm#Is_astr...ate_explanation

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for that link Jacsmith. but I guess it is better to have a personal techniques when we try Astral Travel. I have had once, with the help of a few people in GV, I guess I have posted in in one of the old threads, which are linked above.
Posted Image

#14 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for that link Jacsmith. but I guess it is better to have a personal techniques when we try Astral Travel. I have had once, with the help of a few people in GV, I guess I have posted in in one of the old threads, which are linked above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you cant learn how to do it if you dont have all the facts , its important to be fully informed

#15 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

I have had many experiences doing astral traveling. Sometimes I use a tape that directs me to get into a trance state and then go out of my body. After I listened to this tape a few times I was able to do OBE w/o the tape, but from experience it's easier and safer to use a tape. When I don't use a tape i don't know how long I'm going to be out of my body. (It could be 10mins, 30, 1hr etc) whereas a tape is a set amount of time everytime you listen to it. If one tape doesn't work for you try others, it took me two different tapes before I found the one that was easy for me.

Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to message me through this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users