• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

We have a similar story around these parts. I haven't gotten around to researching this one so I don't know if it is true or not.
On the Terrence Bay Road there is a man who will appear right in front of your car. This has apparently caused quite a few minor accidents. One account states that he did not appear in the middle of the road, but in the back of a couple's car.
I have driven up and down this road many times in search of this guy. It's a creepy, dark ol' road that winds it's way near the ocean. So even though I didn't see him, it was still creepy enough to make it fun to drive down. :ghost:

#17 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

whatever happened to Resurrection Mary? That was one of the first ghost stories i ever heard. It was one of the reasons I got into the paranormal.

#18 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Last I heard she was still around in....I forget where her cemetery is....I know it's called the Resurrection Cemetery. Is it in Chicago?

#19 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:32 AM

Yup in chicago, 7200 Archer Road Justice, Illinois. Maybe i shouldnt have changed the subject. Maybe ill make a topic just for her.

Edited by bonedaddy15, 11 February 2006 - 12:33 AM.

#20 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Cheerleading,Tumbling,Music,SystemOfADown,Supernatural Stuff,GHOSTVILLAGE!<br /><br />THE JONAS BROTHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

if any of u watch supernatural, is that story the same one that Supernatural did an episode of?
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" name="flashplayer" src="http://i251.photobuc...Disney World!!" quality="high" width="260" height="210" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain"></embed><br><a href="http://www.wishafrie...com/countdown/" target="new">

#21 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:29 AM

love supernatural .. it jsut started in australia .. are they keeping it going in the usa??

#22 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

I believe there is a thread on that particular television show on the Paranormal Media board. Beyond mentions of the use of or interpretation of any given urban legend in this or other such shows, let's keep discussion of Supernatural and it's ilk on that board.

Thanks!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#23 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

Resurrection Mary is the most often heard "hitchhiker" ghost story I've come across. There are a few versions of the story that I've heard.

There is another one in Wisconsin that is well documented. It is in Elk Creek, Wis. at the Elk Lake Dam. The hitchhiking ghost is that of a young woman named Mary, as well (Mary K. Schlais). She was found murdered along the road at the Elk Lake Dam in 1974. She had been hitchhiking across the state and her murderer picked her up. She is frequently spotted either hitchhiking alongside the road by the dam or, simply appears to on-lookers. The bridge there is, supposedly, where she is most often seen.

Very sad.

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 16 March 2006 - 01:51 PM.

#24 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

I think every country has one of these stories. We have a few in Ontario.
Posted Image

#25 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

I think the hitchhiking stories are my favorites, theyre so sad. They are just trying to get back home...but they never will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users