Most Haunted

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#151 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:04 AM

I pretty much had it with Most Haunted. It's good is you want to make a list of places to visit in England (it is on the Travel Channel) but I'm tired of the cast. I no longer go out of my way to watch it. Theat's the beauty of T.V. You can change the channel.

It's mostly Derek though. He so full of it. I've seen reputable mediums in action. None act like him. But if people are entertained by it, then that's cool to.

agreed... plus that it's on at the same time as "I Shouldn't be Alive" on the discovery channel. if you want chills down your spine watch that instead of "Most Haunted"

As of about halfway through Season 6, Derek leaves the show. He is replaced by Gordon Smith, whom I like very much. :weeee: Yes, I've mentioned the change before, just a few posts up, but just in case ya'll missed it. So if Derek is the reason you stopped watching, feel free to watch again. Gordon works well with David Wells and lacks the over the top drama.

Also, please discuss Derek's new show (which I'm none to fond of) in the thread that already exists for it rather than in here. Discussion of Derek in the Most Haunted thread should remain solely on his part in the Most Haunted Show (live and regular season).

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#152 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:22 PM

I dont like Most Haunted much anymore....they go in and pretend they see things and hear things but its all just very good acting i think....and the orbs that they appear to catch on film are all explained away by dust or by some other phenomenon..only the occasional episode is interesting because of the psychics spazzing when he is getting "possessed"...TAPS is much more scientific...check out the new post i started up in this section about their msot recent episode....should be an amzing discussion
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#153 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

The spazzing psyhic is no longer on the show. Repeat as needed.

Other than that (man, I've been repeating that mantra for a few days now....bothersome), I do agree with regards to the majority of the orbs. Not sure I agree with some of the other things that happen though. However, since it's just a tv show, I prefer to sit back and just enjoy the ride. It's a nice ability really. :Wall: To not expect to much from what's basically entertainment.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#154 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:18 AM

I haven't really taken much notice of this topic but have seen these shows on dvd. I saw the first 2 and plan to see more.

I like the shows. I think that they get some pretty significant stuff. The orbs look good enough to me. We have captured similiar looking orbs. The noises they hear eg that rapping noise on the window in one place, sound very similiar to stuff we have experienced. I dont think they fake anything.

One problem I have with the show though is the way they mix in special effects now and then. Here I was telling my 16yo about the show and the evidence they get on film and then he actually sits down to watch , somewhat interested, and then they show the stuff they have created. Well, he just laughed and walked away.

The other thing that annoys me is the way they crap themselves when they get some good activity happening. I cant believe that they do that. There has been far more activity at one place that we investigate than any of the stuff I have seen yet in the first 2 dvd's. If some of the things that have happened on that show been enough to send them scuttling then I wouldnt like see them experience the stuff we have. It just doesnt look professional for them to be doing that. It's ok to be scared as most of us do at some stage when things really get going , but to knock each other over scrambling to get away is stupid. One of the women in it seems to be quite sensitive but she craps herself every time. Why the hell is she doing that if she feels this way.

#155 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:43 AM

I don't watch the show much at all anymore, but I argee with feusurlaneige. I'm reminded, particularly of the episode at the Ram Inn (A place I would not mind visiting some day), when one of the crew was "attacked". I just didn't buy it, and Derek was all over the guy. If he is freakin out give him some breathing room for Pete's sake!
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users