• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#61 shewrote

shewrote

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

I have lately been watching Most Haunted. I dont know how many people watch it, but some of the stuff i see is pretty wierd. I watched their segment on Aneslle Hall in England, and it was prety wierd. They asked "spirits" to do stuff, and after some time it actually happened. I just also wtache dtheir segment on the jamaican inn, and again stuff happened, excpet this time they were "attacked" and push out of a room. I wanted some peoples thoughts on this. Derek, their medium, seems like a complete whacko. In the aneslle hall episode he gets possessed, and spekas in the tongue of the murderous spirit "Edward". Are these guys just lunatics or are they for real? :whoohoo: - this is what derek looked like when he was possessed...lol

p.s-in the Aneslle hall segment, where one of the investigators is touched on the hand by Isabella or Isobel, he  completely freaks out . As the camera is on him while he is checking his hand, a figure quickly appears and then dissapears to his left. Its a figgure of a woman. This is right after the first orb incident. If anyone saw this epsiode, could you tell me if you saw the smae thing. I T-Voed it so i have been checking it over an over, and its quite odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love to watch the HAUNTED tv shows. I am an author, and most of the hotels I write about come from these shows. They Myrtles, The Del, Winchester Mystery House, etc. I like Derek too, but sometimes....... I really like the Haunted Hotels, Haunted Journeys, and Weird Travels.
shewrote
Smiles,Debbie DavisAuthor of "Vacationer's Guide to Haunted Hotels" and "Ghost Tales"HAUNTED SPOTS WEBSITEhttp://www.hauntedsp...builderspot.com

#62 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Did anyone see te show this past weekend when...that guy was hit by something in the barn........I dont know bout you, but he seemed trully shakened....if it wasnt real......then he deserves an oscar

and one lill complait....and if the mods want to know exactally PM me....but some people need to check there ill manners at the door...there is no sense in being so hostile to people..thank you
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#63 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:52 AM

Here's an article where one of the cast members spills the beans about fakery on the show: http://www.mirror.co...-name_page.html

By the way, Vampchick, if you want a cheap all-region DVD player, consider getting a Cyberhome brand player. I got one for under $40. Here in the U.S. they had it at all the major stores like Best Buy, Wal Mart, Circuit City, Target, etc. You have to enter a code on the remote to free it up, but you can find that easily on the net. I just set mine on region '0' and I can play any disc from anywhere in the world. It even has a built in PAL to NTSC converter (or vice versa). The ony issues are when playing PAL discs on an NTSC system you'll occasionally get brief glitches. Doesn't stop the disc from playing or anything major, but you can tell something's a bit off. The image kind of "hiccups" for a second and then you're back on track for a while until the next glitch. A small price to pay to finally have 'Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!', 'Blood on Satan's Claw', and 'The Withcfynder General' on DVD.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#64 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for both the article and the info for an inexpensive international DVD player Bob!

Yes, I've read both the Mirror article and the information found in Bad Psychics http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/

I am disappointed to say the least, I did rather like Derek. :D Although, when watching the show, I'm far more inclined to believe David Wells as a medium (and this started for me before I found these articles about Derek), simply because David seemed to connect to more 'real' spirits (meaning, when he was in the London Dungeons tourist site, he DIDN'T connect with Jack the Ripper while standing in front of a Jack the Ripper display, but rather connected with a poor family who had lived in the area centuries before)

But I still enjoy the show. They are going to locations that have long had the reputation of paranormal activity, I do like Ciaran O'Keeffe, and I enjoy watching the crew during their vigials. So despite the exposure of Derek as a fraud (either that or putting focus on the times he was dead wrong, I've no idea really), I will still watch the program as long as it's on the air. It entertains me and it makes me seek out more information on the locations they film at.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#65 newhunter

newhunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, evp, paranormal, mothman investigations etc.<br /><br />www.myspace.com/danielchan

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:35 PM

I don't know if you guys out there have ever heard of most haunted, (travel channel friday at 9/10 eastern time, USA) but I watch it sometimes. I just am wondering how they manage to get so much paranormal activity EVeRY episode. I'm not saying I dont like it, I watch it each time :wave: , but its just I have questons///
I'll see you in time

#66 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

There have been a few shows where nothing much happens at all.
Posted Image

#67 scaredtodeath

scaredtodeath

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

ehh, you have to admit they have better material to work with. england's history is way longer and more brutal and there's a strong possibility that there could be dozens of spirits everywhere. i agree with Mist that sometimes [ and recently ] there hasn't been much going on but some episodes there is alot of activity and there's pretty good proof of it. I like the show so i will defend it ;/ but i know how you could question something like that.

one thing i have noticed though is that Most Haunted has become a little more technical that it had been in the past. ;/ anyone else notice that?
xx <3 melissa

#68 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:40 PM

I don't find the show that convincing anymore since there's been some discussion of it being faked. I mean, it's entertaining, but I watch it hoping to learn some things. If it's fake, I may as well watch Scooby Doo for pointers!
I will keep watching it though. I probably will ditch it if it's proven to be a definate fake.
I must admit that I do enjoy it, even though a lot of things do seem to occur all of the time and quite frequently.
It would be better if Yvette would stop shrieking over everything. She, along with some others, always seem to want to leave just when it is getting good. At least leave a camera running if you leave!! They should leave some more equipment running while they are in other areas. And they should stop "blair witching" it so much. They all have their own camcorders, and then when somebody is scared, you just see blurry footage and video camera chaos everywhere! ;)

#69 Livingdeadgrl

Livingdeadgrl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

:whoohoo: Ive watched quite a few episodes and because I'm in Canada I'm recently watching Season 6.
Last night I saw the one for The Black Bull Inn. Ive read the stuff they have on Bad Psychics and well have never believed they were doing actual ghost hunting. Only once have I seen something I thought might have been evidence and it was on one of the locked off cams. They should just be considered "Entertainment". I admit sometimes they stumble on bits and pieces of Evidence but all of the dramatic stuff is just that Drama.
It really cant be taken seriously. The Episode I saw last night was funny in that they actually think we are sitting at home Going WOW thats amazing. The part where they were sitting around the table trying to contact the spirits to Move the table was annoying at best. First they show that all their feet are touching. But when the table half levitates the camera is on the table top not under the table showing that none of them are doing it. Then they go out into a graveyard which is full of birds squaking and expect to get some EVP's all I heard was BIRDS. Regardless its good for what it is Entertainment. I wont even Comment on Derek Because well its Sad!

Edited by Livingdeadgrl, 17 December 2005 - 11:44 AM.

She lives beyond the grace of God, a wanderer in the outer darkness. She is "vampyr", "nosferatu". These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but instead grow strong and become immortal once infected by another nosferatu. So, my friends we fight not one beast but legions that go on age after age after age, feeding on the blood of the living.

#70 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:15 PM

In my opinion the show is a complete sham!

There was a report in one of the tabloids that fakery and editing had taken place to make it more interesting.

It is my understanding that the new series now states that the episodes should be 'taken' for entertainment value only as a direct result.

Phantom8

Edited by Phantom8, 17 December 2005 - 05:16 PM.

#71 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:58 AM

:Spaz: Ive watched quite a few episodes and because I'm in Canada I'm recently watching Season 6.
Last night I saw the one for The Black Bull Inn. Ive read the stuff they have on Bad Psychics and well have never believed they were doing actual ghost hunting. Only once have I seen something I thought might have been evidence and it was on one of the locked off cams. They should just be considered "Entertainment". I admit sometimes they stumble on bits and pieces of Evidence but all of the dramatic stuff is just that Drama.
It really cant be taken seriously. The Episode I saw last night was funny in that they actually think we are sitting at home Going WOW thats amazing. The part where they were sitting around the table trying to contact the spirits to Move the table was annoying at best. First they show that all their feet are touching. But when the table half levitates the camera is on the table top not under the table showing that none of them are doing it. Then they go out into a graveyard which is full of birds squaking and expect to get some EVP's all I heard was BIRDS. Regardless its good for what it is Entertainment. I wont even Comment on Derek Because well its Sad!

LOL! I'm in Canada also so I also watched this episode the other night. The graveyard part was hilarious. I only heard birds, too! I kept thinking to myself, "All the locals probably knew the "Most Haunted" team was in town. I can just see a group of kids now going out in the fog to hide in the bushes and make noise". Even if there were no kids, or whatever, it was still just birds in my opinion.

In my opinion the show is a complete sham!

There was a report in one of the tabloids that fakery and editing had taken place to make it more interesting.

It is my understanding that the new series now states that the episodes should be 'taken' for entertainment value only as a direct result.

Phantom8

It's a shame, too, because out of all ghost shows we get here in Canada, Most Haunted seemed to be legitamate. But then I started to question how they managed to get all this amazing activity EVERY TIME!
I'm not saying it's faked....but I am starting to wonder. If the new season starts with a disclaimer I can't see myself watching it. Entertainment aside, it would seem pointless to me. Unless they put an old guy in the end of every episode who has a mask on. Then it would be like Scooby-Doo! I'd watch that. :Wall:

#72 zombi69

zombi69

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:37 AM

Yes, I just seen this last episode where their in the graveyeard as well. The one guy falls in a ditch. My first impression of the show isn't the best. Though it's very atmospheric indeed, I felt their were trying to hard to impress. It felt too staged especially the three girls taking to what ever spirits that were in that old bar's underground service tunnels. Maybe another episode and I might change me mind...who knows? :Wall:
Southern Ontario Paranormal Society (SOPS) -----------------------------------------------------------------------NOCTURNAL FREQUENCY RADIO

#73 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:06 AM

Too many ghosts!

Too much excitement without real evidence!

Cameras in the wrong place at the wrong time! Hmmmm!!!!!

So much screaming when that's what they're there for. Why ask for something to come forth then react wildly when it does???

Too many possesions!

As far as I know or have experienced, paranormal activity is random, spontaneous and can take place day or night! Doesn't it? It doesn't always act on cue does it? Can you guarantee it?

If this show was to be believed 'the medium' would have a great time picking up almost everybody as he does now! Please forgive me but when will Elvis, John Lennon or Napoleon get the 'treatment' from him.

Shame, when we are all trying so hard to understand what's happening to us and what has happened.

I saw a few episodes and was left wanting! I can't be bothered to watch any more.

There's lots of stuff out there and I don't personaly feel this show helps.

I think all of you that read this deserve more than that but that's my opinion.

Phantom8

#74 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:31 AM

Too many ghosts!

Too much excitement without real evidence!

Cameras in the wrong place at the wrong time! Hmmmm!!!!!

So much screaming when that's what they're there for. Why ask for something to come forth then react wildly when it does???

Too many possesions!

As far as I know or have experienced, paranormal activity is random, spontaneous and can take place day or night! Doesn't it? It doesn't always act on cue does it? Can you guarantee it?

If this show was to be believed 'the medium' would have a great time picking up almost everybody as he does now! Please forgive me but when will Elvis, John Lennon or Napoleon get the 'treatment' from him.

Shame, when we are all trying so hard to understand what's happening to us and what has happened.

I saw a few episodes and was left wanting! I can't be bothered to watch any more.

There's lots of stuff out there and I don't personaly feel this show helps.

I think all of you that read this deserve more than that but that's my opinion.

Phantom8

Those are some good points Phantom. I can't understand why they wouldn't leave more cameras running in empty rooms when they are elsewhere. It doesn't appear that they have a shortage of them!

#75 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

The program appears to be for ratings only!

Why have a person going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEek Derek every five minutes! What self respecting ghost is going to be drawn forth by that - lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users