Most Haunted

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:44 AM

I watched most of the days of the live Most Haunted show. What was fun for me is that I would watch during the day online all the different cameras they had set up. I was getting a view of what was going on without all the staged stuff. I actually watched a couple of strange things happen before it ever made it to TV. For some reason everywhere Yvette was nothing would happen so I would focus on one of the other cameras and I saw a lot of strange things going on. But unfortunately they never quite made it all the way on the live show. They would focus on Yvette and Derek mostly yet Stuart would be experiencing something strange. It was accually better than the real show.
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#122 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

Hey all you MH fans, tonight (Sunday the 2nd) there will be 2 hours of MH at the Queen Mary starting at 8 eastern/pacific. Finally there in our neck of the woods!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#123 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

I watched "at" it tonight, lots of stuff going on here.....BUT....I have it Tivo'd!!! YEAHH, so tomorrow during the day when there is nothing going on I will watch it in detail.....what I did see was AWESOME!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#124 scaredtodeath

scaredtodeath

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

I saw some pretty awesome things too! What did you guys think? Staged?

The fooprints deal was creepy..they were small and ..weird. It send chills up my spine because I have been to the QM and seen the woman on the pool like the camera guy claimed. Maybe it's why I beleived in alot of what they found. Even if it was faked..we can only speculate that it was that Frost lady that tricked TAPS. LOL ;D [ j/k ] That was the coolest piece of evidence though. That place truely is spooky, haunted or not. Things tap that you know should not tap...and it is a HUGE ship. The other thing that scared the hell out of me was that "snoring"...What the hell was that?! It got closer..then father away..so weird

Also, I noticed that Yvette lost her screaming and crying deal and was much calmer and less agitated. She actually was very good and I think saw more there than she saw in any other place.

Even though it's supposedly faked, I still love this show. ;D It's just fun to watch.
xx <3 melissa

#125 sheba

sheba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

:( Most Haunted trivia: I've just learned that Yvette Fielding of "Most Haunted" and Karl, who's also a regular on "Most Haunted", are married! It also appears that they were the two people responsible for creating the show, "Most Haunted".

#126 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

lol....yup, and Stu is Yvette's cousin actually. :clap: It's been known for a bit now.

by the by...I'm liking this new medium they have....watching the Cottages episode right now.....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#127 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal &amp; macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:28 AM

I just watched both Queen Mary eps...pretty good! But my believability factor was severely dampened by what happend to the TAPS guys there with that crazy manager chick. Unfortunately almost everything they got could be rationally explained. Except for that EVP in 240B.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#128 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:05 AM

I attempted to watch Most Haunted tonight, but with all of the questions surrounding the show now, I found that I couldn't. If real data was being documented, how could I tell it apart from elements possibly being staged? I'm not one to watch a ghost show for entertainment value alone so I switched the channel to Conan O'Brian.

#129 Chuck58

Chuck58

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

I just can't watch Most Haunted. I do watch the first few minutes, when they're telling about the place, but as soon as the so called investigation starts, I switch. The show comes across as fake. I'm more serious about paranormal investigations and shows like Most Haunted, although I know they're popular, aren't doing the field any good.

#130 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Well said, Chuck58. :hug:

#131 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

But one must take into account the fact that it's simply entertainment. Really not much more than that. After all, The Apprentice isn't exactly Serious Big Business, no matter Trump's presence.

Most watchers of television can tell the difference between a tv show and the reality.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#132 Chuck58

Chuck58

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

But one must take into account the fact that it's simply entertainment. Really not much more than that. After all, The Apprentice isn't exactly Serious Big Business, no matter Trump's presence.

Most watchers of television can tell the difference between a tv show and the reality.

I'd say 'many' not most can tell the difference, concerning MH. The show, I assume unlike The Apprentice which I've never seen, presents itself as genuine.

Ghost Hunters, too, is entertainment, only what you see is mostly a factual investigation. What they do on TV is essentially the same as in a non televised investigation. My only criticism of GH is they only take a few hours. Lately, they've begun to qualify their statements by saying nothing happened while they were there rather than making a blanket pronouncement.

All tv is, even the shopping channels, are first and foremost entertainment.

#133 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

Here Here!
Deriks new show,Ghost Towns or whatever...I would think he would be sick of being "posessed" by now. over and Bad acting I say, my hub watches it just to see how extravagant he will get through one show, Heck, he's keeping a tally on Derik Posessions :Spaz: Making me CrAzY! I could be watching taped UFO Documentary's!!! :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#134 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

I'd say 'many' not most can tell the difference, concerning MH. The show, I assume unlike The Apprentice which I've never seen, presents itself as genuine.

Ghost Hunters, too, is entertainment, only what you see is mostly a factual investigation. What they do on TV is essentially the same as in a non televised investigation. My only criticism of GH is they only take a few hours. Lately, they've begun to qualify their statements by saying nothing happened while they were there rather than making a blanket pronouncement.

All tv is, even the shopping channels, are first and foremost entertainment.

Well, I happen to be of the mind that the majority of watchers of television happen to be more intelligent that some folks want to give them credit for. Hence my choice of words, 'most' instead of 'many'.

All of the ghost investigation shows I have seen have to one degree or another presented themselves as genuine. So what? As I said, most of us are smart enough to figure things out.

And yes, I knew that all tv is entertainment. Hence my whole point in the first place.

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much intellectualizing on any paranormal show you see on tv. It's a show. It's when people who are curious ask...that's when you explain what happens in a real investigation.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#135 Chuck58

Chuck58

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

Intellectualizing television? Not me, and not only paranormal shows. If I want intellectual television, I turn it off.

As for Most Haunted, we can agree to disagree. It's after all a choice whether to watch or not. I do watch the opening few minutes, as I said in this thread or some other, when they're presenting the history of the place but move to something else when their investigation begins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users