• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

I have lately been watching Most Haunted. I dont know how many people watch it, but some of the stuff i see is pretty wierd. I watched their segment on Aneslle Hall in England, and it was prety wierd. They asked "spirits" to do stuff, and after some time it actually happened. I just also wtache dtheir segment on the jamaican inn, and again stuff happened, excpet this time they were "attacked" and push out of a room. I wanted some peoples thoughts on this. Derek, their medium, seems like a complete whacko. In the aneslle hall episode he gets possessed, and spekas in the tongue of the murderous spirit "Edward". Are these guys just lunatics or are they for real? :ghost: - this is what derek looked like when he was possessed...lol

p.s-in the Aneslle hall segment, where one of the investigators is touched on the hand by Isabella or Isobel, he completely freaks out . As the camera is on him while he is checking his hand, a figure quickly appears and then dissapears to his left. Its a figgure of a woman. This is right after the first orb incident. If anyone saw this epsiode, could you tell me if you saw the smae thing. I T-Voed it so i have been checking it over an over, and its quite odd.
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:16 PM

There's a whole topic about Most Haunted in this board, called Travel Channel's Most Haunted I do believe.....

I watch it myself, and enjoy it muchly. :wave: And frankly, it really doesn't matter much to me if it's real or rigged, as I mostly view it for entertainment.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:02 PM

I agree Vamp! I like this show MUCH more than GhostHunters.....and besides, I think Derek is "da bomb!" LOL
It's just Becca Posted Image

#4 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

Derek is drop dead good looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted Image

#5 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

I wouldn't know about that, but he is pretty BAD_WORD cool! What I wouldn't give to knock down a few pints with him and talk about ghosts!
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#6 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:39 PM

Yeah...Derek is pretty cool...once again he knew about everything that was happening...today i watched the episode on the BRewing Factory and they had some crzy stuff...They have on film, a barrel being moved, seemingly all by itself...it was totally sweet

#7 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

Oh man THAT was soooo spooky, that big ol' keg just rolling uphill by itself, stopping, then starting again!

#8 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:03 PM

Yeah...i mean, it was on film, and there absolutely no way someone could have been pushing it. We saw it in the wide open all by itself. And then when the glass cupboard got pushed really hard...wow, what power

#9 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

Assuming they aren't faking this stuff, I would say that the presence of such a strong medium as Derek really brings out the spirits. Which furthermore explains why they guys on Ghost Hunters usually get bubkis on their gigs, as their approach is 100% tech-based. I'm convinced beyond all doubt that successful contact and evidence requires both technology and an open, willing mind. I wouldn't go so far as to say spirituality, but I firmly believe that making a mental & emotional connection with the spirits is what triggers contact and evidence. The two go hand in hand.

#10 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

Bear in mind that I'm only talking about Derek and the other level-headed guys on the show, not the lovably ditsy Yvette with her schoolgirl squeals of fear everytime the wind whistles across the roof.

#11 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:10 AM

:hunter:

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:47 AM

I can't wait to start watching it tonight when they go to London and try to contact Jack the Ripper. I'd like to see what Derek picks up. I think his being gay might have a lot to do with his sensitivity, but that's just me. Every medium is not gay, and every gay is not a medium. I just like gay men because I'm a BAD_WORD hag.

I believe Scotland Yard knew who the Ripper was, but I can't remember why he was never picked up.

Patricial Cornwell did her sleuthing about the Ripper, and came up with someone, but she was completely wrong about him.

I've always wanted to go on the Whitechapel tour.
petunia4998

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:54 AM

Derek isn't gay. He's married. To a woman.

And frankly, a person's sexual preference has nothing to do with this discussion.

Back on the proper topic. I did see that episode at the brewery a year or so ago, and that rolling barrel scene has got to be the single spookiest moment thus far!

Oh, and for those in North America...we will NOT be able to see the Jack the Ripper stuff as we are a season behind AND we DO NOT get the Live episodes. You can purchase them on DVD through Living TV (I have the web address at home), but you need to have an international DVD player

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:12 PM

Okies, I'm bummed, we dont get the Jack the Ripper one, the one playing here at Halloween is Bodelwyddan Castle*cries* its not fair!
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#15 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:16 PM

Can't wait to watch tonight
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users