• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zombi69

zombi69

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

Basically, I would love to hear how many of you approach those people in the right to seek the proper authorization to investigate an area such as a cemetery? Let's face it, it's not everyday these people are approached with this type of request..or is it?

Edited by zombi69, 24 November 2005 - 10:17 PM.

Southern Ontario Paranormal Society (SOPS)-----------------------------------------------------------------------NOCTURNAL FREQUENCY RADIO

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

Well lets face it, a lot of people do not want to even talk about this. So you more or less have to learn to read people to know how to approach them. Never lie to them about your intentions but you may have to figure out how to word it to make what you want sound more pleasing to them.
If you have someone that is willing to work with your train of thought then its easy to talk about paranormal investigations. Some will completely shudder at the thought. For those less willing folks it would work to ask for permission to take night time photos in an area such as a cemetery. Explain how the night lighting will give the area more of a subtle appearance. Let them know you have a great interest in cemetery art and would like to aid in preserving cemeteries. Also that you are wanting to show others just how beautiful these places really are and that they should not be forgotten. Now have you told a lie? No
Other areas would need a different approach. This is up to you to determine what would be the right choice for each. I wish I could explain more but there are no two people or areas alike. The only one that may be close is cemeteries. And this will work for day and night. Buildings could be used as a learning tool. Get as much background information as you can on a building or dwelling. Use that information to form a reason for wanting to be there. Who knows it could be an old school house that needs to be brought to public attention to help preserve it. You can always try to help with a cause and get what you really want in the end. I hope this helps.
Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:18 AM

If it is a private cemetery we contact the propor people before ever going on the land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users