Energy Vampires

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

I'm sure you know or have met at least one.

You know,
the person who drains your energy
just by being in the room for a few minutes.

Tell us your horror stories of personal power outages
and brain drain..... :Wall:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#2 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

Are you talking about Psy Vampires? I do not have any experience with them. Maybe everyday we meet quite a lot of them.

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

Ah yes, them's the ones all right.
Psychic energy parasites and predators.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

My little sister is like that, I usually can't be around her for 5 minutes, let alone talk to her on the phone on some occasions without feeling physically and emotionally wore out. There are people out there that can have that effect on another person.
Whether it's actually a supernatural or psychological effect is the big question. Because more often than not, when we encounter such people we pretty much know them and their problems already (Or know they're coming to us with yet another one.)
There aren't all that many cases that I'm aware of involving perfect strangers who exhibit any 'symptoms' (I'll call it, of personal or emotional problems) and one person coming out of it in an exhausted physical/mental state, though it's not a scenario I'm ruling out :D
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Hey Boo, here is some interesting reading on the subject....

Psychic Vampirism in the Laboratory.
With these distant childhood experiences still etched in my mind, I welcomed the opportunity as Professor of Psychology at Athens State College (now University) to lead a study investigating the human energy system. The year-long study, which was funded by the U.S. Army Missile Research and Development Command, identified several important characteristics of that system. Of particular interest was the finding that the physical body's central energizing core and its surrounding energy field, commonly called the aura, are each influenced by the presence of others. Using aura photography along with visual observations of the aura, the study found that the auras of couples whose interactions were positive tended to complement and energize each other, with each aura becoming brighter and more expansive. Conversely, negative interactions tended to constrict the aura and actually induce a state of mental and physical fatigue. When constrictions occurred in the aura, intellectual functions became slower, short-term memory declined, and physical strength decreased by as much as 50percent.

A later study funded by the Parapsychology Foundation of New York not only confirmed the findings of our earlier research, it showed that certain persons were highly skilled at deliberately tapping into and directly feeding upon the aura of others. By draining energy from another person's aura, these so-called psychic vampires not only deplete the aura's energy resources, they interrupt the capacity of the aura's central core to generate new energy, particularly when the interaction is prolonged. Consistent with our earlier findings, direct observations of the aura as well as aura photographs taken before and after a psychic vampire interaction showed the victim's aura becoming severely de-energized and constricted following an attack while the vampire's aura became energized and expansive. I was reminded of my aunt's claim of deliberately drawing energy from others, a claim that now seemed considerably more plausible.

My more recent studies uncovered even more vivid evidence of psychic vampirism and its effects. Both visual observations and aura photographs revealed ominous tentacle-like structures extending outward from the vampire's aura during an attack to puncture and draw energy from the victim's aura. As expected, such onslaughts dramatically expanded the invading vampire's aura but seriously dulled and constricted the host victim's aura, a condition that often lasted for days. Even more seriously, vampire puncture wounds to the aura often required weeks to heal. (As an important footnote, all observations and photographs obtained throughout our studies were with consent of informed volunteer subjects, most of whom were college students. Both observational and photographic assessments obtained during an actual psychic vampire interaction were obtained from couples who were in an on-going relationship. All participants in our vampire studies were offered counseling and provided instruction concerning the use of appropriate intervention and protection techniques.)

Although the human energy system is indestructible--it is literally the soul of our being--its capacity to generate the energy required for daily living can become severely impaired. Long-term, continuous psychic vampire attacks can have devastating consequences that reach far beyond damage to the energy system. Like the host victims of their blood-sucking counterparts, victims of recurring psychic vampire assaults can become--dare I say--psychic vampires themselves in a desperate effort to replenish their lost supply of energy.

Spooks

#6 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

:Spaz: AH HA!!! Now THAT'S what I was looking for something scientific to help answer the big question for me!! :D :D

I've heard quite a bit about Kirlian Photography (aura photography)

Qouting from Wikipedia
Kirlian photography refers to a form of contact print photography, theoretically associated with high-voltage. It is named after Semyon Kirlian, who in 1939 accidentally discovered that if an object on a photographic plate is subjected to a strong electric field, an image is created on the plate.

In controversial metaphysical contexts, Kirlian photography, Kirlian energy, and so on, are sometimes referred to as just 'Kirlian'. Kirlian made controversial claims that his method showed proof of supernatural auras, said to resemble a rough outline of the object like a colorful halo.

For more on the topic http://en.wikipedia....ian_Photography

But this is the first time I've heard it used in conjunction with any actual experiments with psychic vampirism. Pretty cool article where did you find it were you part of it? I would love to read up more on it!!!

The most I've heard about the subject up to this point, was through the book Vampires the Occult Truth Written by Konstantinos.
Pretty much half the book is dedicated to the subject of Psychic Vampires. His own experience of seeing one in action (He described seeing the tentacle like structures emanating from the vampires aura) In small defense of my original notion. His experience involved a vampire he was somewhat personally familliar with and her victim was someone he knew on a personal level. I wasn't sure if because of the level of involvement they had that what he was seeing and what the victim was experiencing during the episodes of attacks that it may not be somewhat psychological as the vampire was an older cancer sufferer. It led him to suspect that she may have been more of an unintentional vampire of the sort.

He did go on to discuss intentional vampires but the account he had to describe was basically third party and even he wasn't sure if he was being conned.
Before he could discuss more with the victim to further investigate, the victim disappeared. From that account the attacks seemed pretty severe (at one point the victim was physically attacked) But there was no way of telling whether or not the vampires themselves were living subjects as most of the attacks described by that victim seemed to be of the Old Hag variety but unusually the victim was seeing more than one attacker at a time.

I think Rosemary Ellen Guiley also had a chapter dedicated to the subject in her book Vampires Among Us. (And where are those books when I need em?! I can never find 'em when I'm looking for 'em LOL!!)

I'll have to look through my "library" to see if I can dig up anything else on the subject :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

I have some excelent reads for you then Boo.

Joe Slate, Ph.D is the Author of two very interesting books:

Aura Energy for health and healing

and his newer book

Psychic Vampires

#8 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:36 AM

Hey, we're not all bad............

Most people don't realize that they have this skill/power. Therefore, they will go right on draining you without even realizing it. There are those, however, who are awakened to their abilites, and are better able to control it. I have experienced these draining people first hand, and I find I get extremely sleepy while in their presence, to the point of my eyelids drooping. When I remove myself from them, I'm fine. I've since learned to erect barriers against these unwitting predators.

The Priest caste of psychic vampire needs energy the most; the warrior caste, the least. Believe it or not, if you are 'awakened', and have some new kid on the block testing their abilities to feed from you without permission, you can send them some very nasty 'tasting' energy.

A good psychic vampire never feeds without permisssion, if they know what they are, that is!
Posted Image

#9 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:59 AM

I'm sure you know or have met  at least one.

You know,
the person who drains your energy
just by being in the room for a few minutes.

Tell us your horror stories of personal power outages
and brain drain..... :ghost:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My mother!

I have witnesses.

An ex-girlfriend of my brother, K, went with us to visit my mom once. She said as my mom talked on and on about some project or other, K said she literally saw my brother and I slowly sink lower and lower in our seats as the time wore on.

When I moved away and went to college, I had a party and invited my brother. My friends told him I'm chatty and full of energy and he could hardly believe them. He'd never seen me away from my mom.

:weeee:
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#10 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:04 PM

Oh carlotta, my mother in law is that way!
All three of her boys can only spend about 1/2 an hour w/ her.
She can do it over the phone too.
If my husband is tired and he sees that its her number he wont pick up.lol :ghost:

Fortunately his step mom is the opposite. She gives energy.
Kind of balances things..... :weeee:

#11 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:02 AM

Oh carlotta, my mother in law is that way!
If my husband is tired and he sees that its her number he wont pick up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I have a morbid aversion to energy vampires. I see them coming and run away as fast as possible. I don't care if they see my fear or not.

I've had dates with emotional vampires too. Now I'm so picky... no sponges, ex-cons, unemployed, ripped jeans, corn row hair styles...
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#12 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:31 AM

I hear ya!
I dont let them in either....... :whoohoo:

#13 fallen wings133

fallen wings133

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, computer games and getting drunk *hicup* oh and eating cake. i like cake...who doesnt?<br /><br />and skating loooove skating and the beach now its spring/summer lol

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:22 PM

again...were not all that bad. :ghost:
well, im a slave and i am a master.this is the beginning then. the beggining of the end

#14 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:14 PM

I'm sure thats true....

But the glutons who dont ask permission :ghost: !!!!!!!

#15 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

I know a few with this ability. I have been in their presence and have never been affected. I know others who have been in a room when they came in and were immediately effected. I dont know if they like me and leave me alone or if I have some ability to prevent them from affecting me.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users