What is your life altering experience?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 pharmacy chick

pharmacy chick

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, play games, watch TV. Go out and socialize with friends. I love the outdoors.<br />I've always been interested in the supernatural and love to learn new things about it everyday.

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

The 'coon was rabid...and it was chasing my Mom and me and Sam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is freaky lol! We don't have rabies in australia so its hard to imagine this.What happens if it bites you? Do you get rabies or do you have immunisation for this as kids?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well Im not sure about getting a rabis shot when ur a kid, but I do know if u are bit by something that has rabies u have to go get shots. Actually not to long ago this poor lady was bitten by a stray cat who had rabies, and she had to get about 3 shots at the E.R. and she had to continue taking shots for another month. It was very costly for her even with her Insurance!!!!! Were talking close to $2000.00 :drink2: I'm sure my boss was happy that day. Anyways I don't know much else on it, but I do know if u are bit by an animal u better get it checked out and quick!!!!!
pharmachy chick
"Can you see the face behind the mirror?"

#32 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

The 'coon was rabid...and it was chasing my Mom and me and Sam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is freaky lol! We don't have rabies in australia so its hard to imagine this.What happens if it bites you? Do you get rabies or do you have immunisation for this as kids?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well Im not sure about getting a rabis shot when ur a kid, but I do know if u are bit by something that has rabies u have to go get shots. Actually not to long ago this poor lady was bitten by a stray cat who had rabies, and she had to get about 3 shots at the E.R. and she had to continue taking shots for another month. It was very costly for her even with her Insurance!!!!! Were talking close to $2000.00 :purplebounce: I'm sure my boss was happy that day. Anyways I don't know much else on it, but I do know if u are bit by an animal u better get it checked out and quick!!!!!
pharmachy chick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nasty and painful experience! :clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#33 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:02 AM

Years ago when i was working on a brand new multistorey building me and 12 others were working on the 24 th floor , The lift finally arrived and we started down for lunch . All of a suddern the lift failed and it free fell down the building ,the lights went out as we catipulited down the building .The lift was moving so fast it was banging against the walls of the shaft and the wind was pushing though the rubber seals on the door.. The lift was falling.I looked into the eyes of the 12 others that were in the lift with me , I could see in there eyes the fright, they all thought were going to die. Not one person so much as blinked.They all looked straight ahead. the lift must have fell for maybe one or two seconds but it truely felt like ten minutes . All of a suddern the brakes came on and the lift started to pull up ,it felt like my legs were getting pushed into my chest .Then Bang we hit the bottom and the lift bounced a couple of times .We didnt fall over as we were packed in to tight . What save us is the emerency brakes programed to come in a certain speed ,but still they came in late, when the lift had hit maximum speed of gravity, the lift had dropped approx 22 floors .We were lucky because there were four floors below ground level .The brakes had come on between ground floor and base ment one .The lift needed four floor to stop but we had three and a half ,we hit four large springs on the bottom of the lift well which made us bounce

After about twentyminutes the lift was slowly winched up and they used crow bars to open the doors and they dragged us out one by one as the lift was stuck half way between the lowest floor and the base were we had hit the springs.When they opened the door all the rescuers could say thank goodness we thought you were all killed .

they covered the incident up and gave us four days off work with pay , maybe it wasnt my lucky day .I was told later it was a 100th of a second between life and death . This happened in Melbourne 1983

:purplebounce: :clap: :ghost:

Edited by jacsmith_xxx, 09 December 2005 - 07:04 AM.

#34 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

Years ago when i was working on a brand new multistorey building me and 12 others were working on the 24 th floor , The lift finally arrived and we started down for lunch . All  of a suddern  the lift failed  and it free fell down the  building ,the lights went out  as we catipulited down the building .The lift was moving so fast  it was banging against the walls of the shaft  and the wind  was pushing though the  rubber seals on  the door.. The lift was falling.I looked into the eyes of the 12 others that were in the lift with me , I could see in there eyes  the fright,  they all thought  were going to die. Not one person so much as blinked.They all looked straight  ahead.  the lift must have fell for maybe one or two seconds but it truely felt like ten minutes . All  of a suddern the brakes came on  and the lift started to pull up ,it felt like my  legs were getting pushed into my  chest .Then Bang we hit the bottom and  the lift bounced a couple of times .We didnt fall over as we were packed in to tight . What save  us is the emerency  brakes  programed to come in a  certain speed ,but still they came in late, when the  lift had hit maximum speed of gravity, the lift had dropped approx 22  floors .We were lucky because there were four floors below ground level .The brakes had come on between  ground floor and base ment one .The lift needed four floor to stop but  we had three and a half ,we hit four large springs  on the bottom of the lift well which made us bounce

After  about twentyminutes  the lift was slowly winched  up  and they used  crow bars to open the doors  and they dragged us out one by one as the lift was stuck  half way between  the lowest floor and the base were  we had hit the springs.When they opened the door  all the rescuers could say thank goodness  we thought you were all killed .

they    covered  the incident up  and gave us four days off work  with pay , maybe it wasnt my lucky day .I was told later  it was a 100th of a second between life and death . This happened in Melbourne 1983

:headbang:  :angry:  :Spaz:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy cow!!!!
How did it make you feel when it was all behind you?

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#35 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:45 AM

Years ago when i was working on a brand new multistorey building me and 12 others were working on the 24 th floor , The lift finally arrived and we started down for lunch . All  of a suddern  the lift failed  and it free fell down the  building ,the lights went out  as we catipulited down the building .The lift was moving so fast  it was banging against the walls of the shaft  and the wind  was pushing though the  rubber seals on  the door.. The lift was falling.I looked into the eyes of the 12 others that were in the lift with me , I could see in there eyes  the fright,  they all thought  were going to die. Not one person so much as blinked.They all looked straight  ahead.  the lift must have fell for maybe one or two seconds but it truely felt like ten minutes . All  of a suddern the brakes came on  and the lift started to pull up ,it felt like my  legs were getting pushed into my  chest .Then Bang we hit the bottom and  the lift bounced a couple of times .We didnt fall over as we were packed in to tight . What save  us is the emerency  brakes  programed to come in a  certain speed ,but still they came in late, when the  lift had hit maximum speed of gravity, the lift had dropped approx 22  floors .We were lucky because there were four floors below ground level .The brakes had come on between  ground floor and base ment one .The lift needed four floor to stop but  we had three and a half ,we hit four large springs  on the bottom of the lift well which made us bounce

After  about twentyminutes  the lift was slowly winched  up  and they used  crow bars to open the doors  and they dragged us out one by one as the lift was stuck  half way between  the lowest floor and the base were  we had hit the springs.When they opened the door  all the rescuers could say thank goodness  we thought you were all killed .

they    covered  the incident up  and gave us four days off work  with pay , maybe it wasnt my lucky day .I was told later  it was a 100th of a second between life and death . This happened in Melbourne 1983

:Spaz:  :Spaz:  :Spaz:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy cow!!!!
How did it make you feel when it was all behind you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Belive it or not I had other escapes from death before hand . At the time I never thought much of of it .Due to circumstances beyond my control I never thought I was going to live past 21 any way . I had seen other people die in car accidents /drug over doses,shot , motor bike accident,work accidents and run over . I had experinced faceing other peoples deaths and a with a few near scrapes of my own I wasnt to worried . But many years down the track when I worked out how lucky I was to get to thirty i started to remeber the people that didnt .It started to eat away at my soul,if you can use them words. Ive had a lot of guilt as to why i didnt die and why my turn never came up back then .Ive spent the last 12 years trying to look deep inside of my self for streneth. I spoke to many people about diifernt gods and beliefs to find streneth and then worked out it had to come from with in. The reason I came to this site was because I was in google searching for answers.I found a lot of like minded people who have similar type beliefs here.which has been very helpfull .The Answer to your question is I value every day because you never know whats around the corner , i hope to live to a old age now. . :weeee:

#36 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:33 AM

:Spaz: Wonderful, I'm glad your still here.
..... :weeee:

#37 wishfulthinkin07

wishfulthinkin07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:anything supernatural, Wicca, music, guitars, books, etc.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:01 PM

I was hit full on by a car, and then I stood up and walked away. Months later, I was examined, and all I had was a bruised rib. Even though that happened near a Catholic church, I converted religions later on. I believe what saved me was that I was home-bound months before that day, and I finally took a day out to enjoy nature. And so come Wicca into the picture. How I'm alive...no one knows. :)
Merry Part and Blessed Be!

#38 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:06 PM

Glad your here kiddo.
Spooks.... :)

#39 yuma_no_ame

yuma_no_ame

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

ive had a few experiences, but non of them is what i consider life altering. they just helped make me who i am today. ^-^ i was a normal little kid untill one night when i was 4 i saw red eyes looking at me from my bedroom mirror, since then i've been scared of the dark and don't like mirrors at night. i don't believe the eyes ment me harm but it did really scare me. latter when i was five i walked off a boat ramp into the Calorado river. (people how know that river know its fast) i can still remember what it was like under water, all dark blues and greens with fish every where, i ended up being pulled out of the water by my dad. it was after this that i started being able to see and feel spirits/ghosts. this is one of the resons i became wiccan, i think that on of the resons i didn't drown is becase water spirits were keeping me safe.

i belive that a spirit or ghost has followed me all my life and kept me from serius harm. i beleve this because the one time i was almost hit by a car (they werent looking) i was jerked back by something befor the car could hit me.

#40 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

Which life altering experience do you want to hear about, there are so many. lol

Let's go all the way back to the first one I can remember.

I was about five, We had a collie named Lassie. Lassie was a very popular TV show in those days and I didn't have much imagination when we named him.

My brother, two years older than me, and I went across the street to get the mail. Neither of us saw the car coming down the road at 75-80 miles per hour. The speed limit was 25. The dog reared up on his hind legs and put a paw on each of us and pushed us out of the way and took the hit from the car. He sacrificed his life for ours.

The person driving the car never stopped and we didn't recognize it as belonging to any of our neighbors. My brother and I both recieved minor scrates from being knocked over in the gravel by the dog but were otherwise unhurt.

I started thinking about mortality early in my life. That didn't stop me from doing stupid things and questioning now the odds of why I am still alive to tell you of my experiences. Realistically I should have died many times over. Ah but those are other tales, maybe somedy if there is time...
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#41 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

When I was small we had a german shepard
named Ginger who dragged my brother away
from the street when he was a toddler.
Dogs are great arent they?

Edited by spooksareus, 22 January 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#42 JeremyScott

JeremyScott

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Military History &amp; Historical Places That Are Haunted

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:44 AM

In highschool and shortly there after I was known as a wild child. Always going against the rules and doing things that werent exactly right. One Sunday morning, I was on my way to pick up my friend Denise cause we were going to see a movie after church. It had been raining the night before and I was driving a 97 Explorer. I lost control on the overpass of the freeway, went through the guard rail on to the feeder road down below doughnutted, and took out a Discount Tires sign. Amazingly I escaped with only a few minor bumps and bruises. EMT on scene said I was very lucky, cause my car was in a million pieces.

I dont know, but I think that was God's way of saying straighten up and start walking the line. And for the most part I have.
When I die, Just let me die in Texas

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:45 AM

Maybe, JeremyScott, we will never know! It is the experience that counts!
Posted Image

#44 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

We will know as soon as our ticket expires.lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#45 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:53 AM

I think there are big life altering moments and little life altering moments. I was a firm believer in god growing up. I gave my life to Jesus and I felt him enter my heart. I attended church quite regularly for years.

In high school, I was attending a methodist church at the time. I was also an active member of the Boy Scouts and our High School Cross country team.

To make a long story short, I missed several weeks of church in a row, the scouts had our 50 mile hike and we also had a two week National Jamboree in Idaho. That was in the summer and just before school had let out I missed a week because of sports a engagement. We didn't run cross country races that late in the year but we were encouraged to run marathons. I ran one for the March of dimes instead of going to church.

I had missed church on other occasions for various things like family vacations. I didn't realize I was collecting demerits. The preacher conered me in the hall when I did go back and threw me against the wall. He was damning me for eternity and the only way to save myself was to come to his services every sunday. That was the last time I went to church on a regular scheduled basis.

I couldn't believe that Jesus would let people like that work in his name. I checked out the Catholics and some other demoniations and with my new realization I found they were just commercial enterprises created to make the church richer. They weren't preaching religion, they were selling it. They wanted 10% of my earnings so they could build bigger churches so they could get more people to come in so they could get more money to build a bigger church. This had nothing to do with religion. This was a business. He who has the biggest church wins.

This experience did not turn me away from god, but has helped to develop why I question everything. I do not believe in
Church. Anyone can start their own church, apply for a non-profit license and start preaching. Jim Jones, David Koresh, anyone.

On the same subject, in the Scouts we had church service every Sunday when we were out on hikes or camps so I never really missed a service on those outings. I've sure missed a lot since then though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users