• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

Of course sensation and perception have to go hand in hand with paranormal invesitgation otherwise its a waste of time. You have to go through different stages of perception. If you are experienced enough you will do this.

If you feel a very cold unusual chill your first perception on an investigation would be that it is spirit. Then, hang on, did someone just open a door to the outside on this cold night???? Did someone fleshy just walk past me creating a cold draugh???? Did a fleshy just blow air on my face to wake me up??? Is there an air conditioner in this room???
All these things come to mind and you have to cover them or it is not proper investigating. Anybody who jumps to first conclusions is silly. You'd be surprised sometimes when you find out what caused some apparently ' paranormal' incident lol! Sometimes atmosphere and emotions can play havoc with your perception.
All brains are different. Some hearts rule their heads and some heads rule their heards. Its human nature. Its the same with investigating. I believe I am an inbetweener. My son is totally scientifically minded. He is into maths, physics and chemistry. There has to be a scientific explaination for everything that you can see, or see the effects of. I have taken him on investigations and he has heard the spirit that we communicate with by tapping. He explored every avenue. He watched to make sure it wasnt us...wasnt us. He got his head on the ground near the tapping and thought it was someone under the floorboards...no no room for anyone under there. He thought it was rats but no that is definitely the sound of something tapping on a floorboard. He can make almost the same sound with his foot. He exhausted every avenue and came up with the answer that our investigating team had planted a very flat recorder under the floorboards of someone tapping and when we heard it in every room was because there were recorders in all the room lollllllllllllll. I just smiled. His perception was telling him something that he couldnt fathom because he could not find an explaination. He wasnt trusting his perception.
I remember when I was a kid going to a birthday party and there was this great perception game set up for us. W were sat in a chair blindfolded and told to hang on and told that the rocket was about to take off and the countdown begun and someone lifted the chair. I thougt I was taking off. Another one was to to blindfolded & walked over this crackly stuff and told it was egg and the shells were breaking. I really thought it was eggs. It felt like it and my brain was saying eggs.

Thats how it is with ghost investigation if you havent done too much and are desperately wanting to see something that proves to you that the afterlife exists. I have never seen an apparition with my eyes but have seen orbs. I may have thought that it was my imagination or my eyes malfunctioning if everyone else hadnt seen them as well even my son. We challenged our perception by checking it wasnt a car in the tunnel or anyone was down the end. I actually photographed these coloured orbs we all saw and they were the same colour on camera that we saw with our eyes and this was a few minutes later.

I think its all experience and training your brain a little not to overeact. Let me just add though that sometimes you experience things that for somereason you just intuitively know that it is not of this life we exit in.

#17 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Of course sensation and perception have to go hand in hand with paranormal invesitgation otherwise its a waste of time. You have to go through different stages of perception. If you are experienced enough you will do this.

If you feel a very cold unusual chill your first perception on an investigation would be that it is spirit. Then, hang on, did someone just open a door to the outside on this cold night???? Did someone fleshy just walk past me creating a cold draugh???? Did a fleshy just blow air on my face to wake me up??? Is there an air conditioner in this room???
All these things come to mind and you have to cover them or it is not proper investigating. Anybody who jumps to first conclusions is silly. You'd be surprised sometimes when you find out what caused some apparently ' paranormal' incident lol! Sometimes atmosphere and emotions can play havoc with your perception.
All brains are different. Some hearts rule their heads and some heads rule their heards. Its human nature. Its the same with investigating. I believe I am an inbetweener. My son is totally scientifically minded. He is into maths, physics and    chemistry. There has to be a scientific explaination for everything that you can see, or see the effects of. I have taken him on investigations and he has heard the spirit that we communicate with by tapping. He explored every avenue. He watched to make sure it wasnt us...wasnt us. He got his head on the ground near the tapping and thought it was someone under the floorboards...no no room for anyone under there. He thought it was rats but no that is definitely the sound of something tapping on a floorboard. He can make almost the same sound with his foot. He exhausted every avenue and came up with the answer that our investigating team had planted a very flat recorder under the floorboards of someone tapping and when we heard it in every room was because there were recorders in all the room lollllllllllllll. I just smiled. His perception was telling him something that he couldnt fathom because he could not find an explaination. He wasnt trusting his perception.
I remember when I was a kid going to a birthday party and there was this great perception game set up for us. W were sat in a chair blindfolded  and told to hang on and told that the rocket was about to take off and the countdown begun and someone lifted the chair. I thougt I was taking off. Another one was to to blindfolded & walked over this crackly stuff and told it was egg and the shells were breaking. I really thought it was eggs. It felt like it and my brain was saying eggs.

Thats how it is with ghost investigation if you havent done too much and are desperately wanting to see something that proves to you that the afterlife exists. I have never seen an apparition with my eyes but have seen orbs. I may have thought that it was my imagination or my eyes malfunctioning if everyone else hadnt seen them as well even my son. We challenged our perception by checking it wasnt a  car in the tunnel or anyone was down the end. I actually photographed these coloured orbs we all saw and they were the same colour on camera that we saw with our eyes and this was a few minutes later.

I think its all experience and training your brain a little not to overeact. Let me just add though that sometimes you experience things that for somereason you just intuitively know that it is not of this life we exit in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your son isn't named either Bob or Peter is it? :ghost:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#18 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

No but my other halfs name is peter.....why????

#19 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:48 PM

I just wanted to add something. Its to do with our cooperative ghost andrew that my investigating team talk to with our tapping method.
!/ He has been tapping like this for months now.
2/ He does in in everyroom. There is no barrier.
3/He does outside the courthouse
4/He follows and does it down the road at the pub built in 1832
5/ He copied exactly the same pattern we do with our feet in a comical fashion
6/ He stops when we stay stop
7/ My son held up 3 fingers and asked him how many fingers and he tapped correctly 3
8/There were only 8 of us in the entire building and we were in this room and locked inside the main building and everyone watched everyone else to make sure they didnt move.
9/ He taps on carpet, concrete and grass as well as floorboards
10/ Totally sceptic people have witnessed this and can find no explaination except that he is a ghost

11/ We know he is a spirit aged 20-30yrs and lived more than 100 and less than 150yrs ago and he is was a convict named Andrew because he plainly told us and there were a few of us.

12/ Unfortunately for the scientifically minded including my son, there is no scientific cause for what we hear but there definitely a spiritual one.

I3/ I am not at all concerned if someone chooses not to see the truth. That is their loss and not mine.

#20 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

No but my other halfs name is peter.....why????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, just a little insider's joke. Peter and Bob are a couple of prominent skeptics at GV who sound a lot like your son. Most of what your son did is necessary for a properly run investigation, everything except the ASSUMPTION of fraud. An open mind must be kept.

I am a dreaded "believer" these days, but if, when I went out on my investigations, if there had been no objective and subjective proof of paranormal activity, and often intelligent activity at that, I would never have become a believer. What is wrong is to walk into something like that with preconceived notions of what you're going to find or not find.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#21 chunlip

chunlip

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:28 AM

I am 50 now, a scientifically health-care-worker who is 1 100% skeptic of paranormal till age 48years+ and now is the 100% inverse at 100% believer of paranormal.

Now only I realise what one 'webmate" says is very true
"for those skeptics, they really do not know what they are at loss at".

it does not need me to elaborate further what has cause the 180 degree change in my concept of paranormal/spirituality in just 1-2 years.

Paranormal/psychics is never "easy" to "grasp at" especially for those of us who are so call scientifically trained ever since we are aware of life.

As an infant and toddler, we soon learn that ;our demand for "milk and food" is based on "hunger" and not because in our young mind , we have an "virtual paranormal friend" to take care of.
That is if there is no evidence, then it is not true
and we too soon learn that at most times evidence means a "cause and effect" relationship

Paranormal emcompasses many "field" some of which ,such as numerology hardly works on "direct evidences" but instead depends mainly on interpretation and correlation , and therefore how could a "scientifically trained man" accept such indirect "evidences" of a cause-effect relationship.

I would "advice" those skeptics that
"what the mind do not know, the eyes will not see"
and in the case of "indirect evidence" paranormal such as numerology
"what the mind do not believe, the brain will not attempt to interprete and correlate"

#22 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:01 AM

"what the mind do not believe, the brain will not attempt to interprete and correlate"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right. Would you care to explain your belief-altering experiences?

#23 chunlip

chunlip

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right. Would you care to explain your belief-altering experiences?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi friend;

By the way, I am a doctor for 24 years+, so what i interprte in my body symptoms and signs are "very objective".many things changes my concept in spirituality and in this e-mail, let me just list the headings first for you
There are many in each headings too

1.Unusual body symptoms
2.Unsual body signs
3.Unusual "behaviour" of household things
4.Unusual "workings" of electronic things such as PC,laptop,handphone and PDA

All 4 above are "direct evidences" and
5.Numerology to correlate with any and/or all of above findings is what i find to be the "most objective evidences" of psychic.

Just take an example, everybody has got "loose stool" on and off and of course it is meaningless as a psychic symptoms on its own
But if it is most times preceding me seeing a "stress" patient/significant birthdate/relevant illness, then it has got to mean something as by random chance events, the possibility of such unusual occurances should be 50%:50% just as either head :tail in tossing a coin.

Such correlation has to be individualize for everybody as what is relevant to me will not be relevant to almost all others

In my case i have also consulted few "mediums" and all have the consensus that
"it is someone trying to communicate with me psychicly as she is having problem now that cannot be said openly".

It is a long long story but basically i am convinced now that she is trying to "communicate" with me via "telepathy" and that all the unusual manisfestation i noted is just the physical manifestation of her distress sent "silently" over thousands of miles via "telepathy"

It may sound very unreal, and I myself only comes to believe it after so many happening, getting information from a private detective that really "confirm" most of what i suspect

It is very interesting if u observe carefully and most important correlate with significant numbers

I have the advantages of being a doctors when i see birthdates age illness tens of it daily and it is so easy to correlate to the biodata of the one significant here

Finally all i can siad is i am only convinced of paranormal after almost 6 months only with many "evidences" and not just one episode of seeing a shadow.

In fact i have never seen any shadow so far so just seeing a shadow can never convince me

Write to me if u wish to discuss more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users