• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:01 AM

hey nightwing, have you ever thought of that we dont have the statistics to past history on how many bad events happened? i think what you are suggesting is flawed in that we really dont have the exact numbers to robberies and such to make such a statement from the 1700 maybe when they started writing things the record keeping got better and you could compare the prevalence for a certain time period., still many confounding variables and biases are present .

The overall state of the world is not in good shape.. the earth cannot sustain the current trend we the inhabitants have set. The inhabitants of this earth are consuming everything at an alarming rate. the resources are finite!!!! so with that said yes markway has some valid points as to the overall direction of the earth and its inihabitants. a new source to fuel our economies are paramount and population control is an issue... weather the mother earth tidal wave that killed over 200k people is what's to come? are the record hurricanes going to be a normal occurence? are the solar flares getting worse warming the oceans? will 2012 be what the mayans predicted to be the end? will we a asteroid hit us? hmmmm end times? they say ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

HERE, HERE!
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#48 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

:whee: Here we gooooo! Whirly Dude :Spaz: :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#49 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:52 AM

I was watching the Montell Williams show with my wife today, not something I normally do and they had a psyhcic on ther and she was talking about he visions for 2006. She said the hurricanes will be as bad as last year, something big is going to happen in new york and LA. They were on the subject of Sunami's but she didn't say sunamis's were going to hit either of those places.

Montell ran her predictions from last year and she accuralety predicted Brad and Jenn's breakup and Blakes acquittal along with a lot more things. I didn't watch the show last year so I don't know how many things she may have missed on but it was interesting none the less. She gave pretty detailed info to the audiences questions also, without asking a lot of questions. I don't know if she is real or not but she certainly is believable.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#50 Pat

Pat

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:My daughter, riding my bike, reading, ghost hunting and anything paranormal, meditation.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:19 AM

It had to be Sylvia Browne. She is on Montel alot. There are also some interesting books from her. Her website is www.sylvia.org. I hope I don't sound like a commercial. Just FYI.

Edited by Pat, 31 December 2005 - 10:22 AM.

Peace comes from within. -Buddha

#51 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

I just have to stick my oar in and say something. I am simply amazed at how media conscious everyone here is! (Not to mention computer literate)

I banged out my dissertations on an old Royal manual typewriter. I quit watching television when I entered High School in 1969. My first wife hooked up to the cable a couple of times over the years, but it drove me crazy and I disconnected it. When some guys at work were talking about an "Ellen Degenerate" coming out of the closet, I thought, "Well Duh, with a name like that, what could you expect?" I'd never heard of Martha Stewart, and had to have the jokes explained to me.

Now that I'm "retired", my wife talked me into buying rabbit ears for the television, "So we can watch the Election News". Now, she sits there every day watching Oprah. Is everyone on that show either a celebrity or have a tube attached to them?

Enough of this. My hat is off to you. Just please forgive me when I plead ignorance to certain things.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#52 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:27 PM

Mark I'm probably about as TV illiterate as you. I didn't even remember her name, but now that someone else said it, yes it was Sylvia Brown.

My TV watching entails news and the History Channel. I take both with a grain of salt.lol My wife was watching Montel and I'd probably not watched it with her but since becoming a member of GV I developed an interest in pyschics? lol. I'm finding a lot of things here I didn't think I was interested in before. "Witching", Paganism, Religion, the list goes on. These were all things that I have some , but not much, knowledge of and you know from my posts that I have some differing veiwpoints to explore.

I never really gave much of this stuff any thought before. I would have come here to see Earth Spirit because I found his post on a search, other than that I would never have stopped. Once I was here and talking to Earth Spirit I started poking around a little and low and behold, you guys are discussing age old questions... I love History and I love a good clean argument. You guys were doing both. I couldn't resist putting my two cents in. My hat is truly off to everyone here. You all have logical comments to sometimes illogical questions. You make great strides to insure someones feelings are not hurt then if you discover despite your best attempts you hurt someone, you immediately apologize and keep things civil.

This is the only discussion board of any kind I have ever joined, I have looked at a few in the past but people were pushing their viewpoint on whatever it was and trying to convince everyone that thiers was the only possible viewpoint and everyone else was wrong. This isn't the case here.

Any how since this is about our impending Death and Destruction I better get back on subject. Sylvia Brown didn't make any predictions beyond two years out but implied the weather patterns were going to continue to worsen because of global warming. She also accurately predicted the Bird Flu last year by name. Again I do not know how much she predicted that did not come true.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#53 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:55 PM

Oh good Dave, I'm not the only one watching just the news and
the "Hitler" Channel :ghost:
As far as water disasters Markway I heard a psychic recently
predict a catastrophic earthquake w/tidal wave this year in the
LA area. He has the date June 9th at 11:32am.
Also in August of 2008 he predicts one in San Francisco.
I don't recal the psychics name, but for some reason I recorded
the dates.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#54 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

I wrote a post for the Intelligent Design thread that should have just have gone as easily here. I refreshed my memory on cometary impacts. Give it a look.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users