direct radio paranormal voice experimentation

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 laserone

laserone

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghosts, books, PUGS, technology, gadgets, Rocky Horror, Photography, EVP work, Podcasts... for more about me, see my main online profile: http://www.MyOtherStuff.net/profile

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

I saw on tv once [yeah I know, I know:) ] where some investigators appeared to be getting *live* EVPs over their little 2-way radios. Then on a paranormal podcast I was listening to recently they were talking about some Portugese researcher who is doing lots of research in direct radio paranormal voice, where she's getting EVPs live, via shortwave (?) radio.

It sounds very interesting and I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

1auren :ghost:

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

I've never heard of this before. But if it works that would be really amazing. It would be hard to prove that they were real EVPs since they were being picked up on a two-way radio. Skeptics of recorded EVP have claimed that the voices are being picked up from radio stations or other means like cell phones. The beauty of recorded EVPs is that tape recorders are not made to recieve radio signals. I'm not sure if this works the same for digital recorders.
Still, if I asked a question on a CB that nobody else knew, and I got a response, that would be creepy! :purplebounce:

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:26 AM

I've never heard of this before. But if it works that would be really amazing. It would be hard to prove that they were real EVPs since they were being picked up on a two-way radio. Skeptics of recorded EVP have claimed that the voices are being picked up from radio stations or other means like cell phones. The beauty of recorded EVPs is that tape recorders are not made to recieve radio signals. I'm not sure if this works the same for digital recorders.
Still, if I asked a question on a CB that nobody else knew, and I got a response, that would be creepy! :purplebounce:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works the same with digital.... :clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:27 AM

I saw on tv once [yeah I know, I know:) ] where some investigators appeared to be getting *live* EVPs over their little 2-way radios.  Then on a paranormal podcast I was listening to recently they were talking about some Portugese researcher who is doing lots of research in direct radio paranormal voice, where she's getting EVPs live, via shortwave (?) radio.

It sounds very interesting and I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

1auren :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, wouldn't that be a cool experience?
.... :purplebounce:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#5 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

Thanks spookasaurus, I was wondering about digital. :purplebounce:

#6 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:54 AM

Thanks spookasaurus, I was wondering about digital. :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a thang G.U. dig works great.... :purplebounce:

#7 Bleever

Bleever

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:03 PM

If you study the reports of ITC direct radio contact you will find that it seems some form of mediumistic power is still required for success. George Meek's Spiricom only worked when designer William O'Neill was present.

Italian Marcello Bacci has been getting voices for over 30 years but the old tube short wave radio he uses can only tune the voices in when he is in close proximity to it....
Marcello Bacci

Same thing from Brazilian researchers working with an electronic device they had designed. Sonia Rinaldi, the groups spokeswoman sent a group I was in a recording made of a woman talking to her 'dead' mother in Portuguese. There was a cacophony of background voices. I wondered if they may be bleedthrough from other planes of existence at other frequencies. But again their devices wouldn't work for others not connected with their group.

Two of the Leslie Flint direct voice spirit recordings address the use of instruments in spiritual communication...Sir Oliver Lodge and Sir William Crookes, both of whom were famous physicists in life and equally well-known as psychic researchers. Both say some form of mediumistic power may always be required even with the use of instruments though Crookes says the power could possibly be animalistic or even from the vegetable kingdom. Very interesting to listen to.

These recordings are among the 130 I have up at Leslie Flint direct voices recordings
They are in Windows Media 9 format. Windows media player will play them if the latest codec is installed.

#8 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

Those recordings are quite interesting! Thanks for sharing!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#9 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:52 AM

Very interesting. Ya know.. I had something weird happen a few weeks ago, but just dismissed it as a fluke. We keep a radio in the kitchen and I was changing channels and turned around to answer my husband. I was in between stations, so there was only static, and then a man said "Hi". I was really kinda freaked out about it, but figured that the one word came through from a station somehow.

I did say "hi yourself" just in case... I didn't want to seem rude. ;)
Posted Image

#10 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Wow, I did a search for 'spiricom' and was surprised that this was the only post to come up. I am also surprised at how few researchers are aware of this.

I am 'bumping' this because I am really interested in what some of the newer patrons of the site think of this technology and research.

Thanks for the links, Bleever, if you are still around.

#11 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I have been to the Spiricom sites over the years and always wanted to see more on the data that was gathered versus the recordings (which sort of sound like somebody talking with one of those creepy voice box machines they give throat cancer patients). What exact frequency were the messages being received on?

In reply to the skeptics remark above, yes, I do approach anything that is introducing known technology into the paranormal research methods. I can honestly say that I haven't seen one form that uses radio signals to produce responses to questions that made me say "wow". Christopher Moon and his "telephone to the dead" has to be the best example of this. I sat through a webcasted sitting with this device and did not hear one thing that I would consider a response to a question - just a lot of fast-flipping channels and snippets of sound and broadcasted speech. Still he was getting people typing responses in the accompanying chat saying they heard all manner of words and responses to his questions, and it was probably the best study in paradolia I've ever seen. Just the fact that 30 people gave 30 different responses to what they thought they heard showed that the machine was incapable of producing anything that could be considered verifiable as evidence.

If we don't remain skeptical to these technologies, everything that comes down the pike will considered evidence. Without proper studies and taking EVERYTHING...including the human factors...into consideration before accepting these pieces of equipment we do NOTHING in furthering any scientific group in recognizing our efforts.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#12 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

I have been to the Spiricom sites over the years and always wanted to see more on the data that was gathered versus the recordings (which sort of sound like somebody talking with one of those creepy voice box machines they give throat cancer patients). What exact frequency were the messages being received on?

In reply to the skeptics remark above, yes, I do approach anything that is introducing known technology into the paranormal research methods. I can honestly say that I haven't seen one form that uses radio signals to produce responses to questions that made me say "wow". Christopher Moon and his "telephone to the dead" has to be the best example of this. I sat through a webcasted sitting with this device and did not hear one thing that I would consider a response to a question - just a lot of fast-flipping channels and snippets of sound and broadcasted speech. Still he was getting people typing responses in the accompanying chat saying they heard all manner of words and responses to his questions, and it was probably the best study in paradolia I've ever seen. Just the fact that 30 people gave 30 different responses to what they thought they heard showed that the machine was incapable of producing anything that could be considered verifiable as evidence.

If we don't remain skeptical to these technologies, everything that comes down the pike will considered evidence. Without proper studies and taking EVERYTHING...including the human factors...into consideration before accepting these pieces of equipment we do NOTHING in furthering any scientific group in recognizing our efforts.

Unfortunately, after listening to some of the recordings and reading some of the transcripts provided in the link above, I am more skeptical than I was before. Everything appears to hold a socio-political agenda of those that consider themselves 'enlightened.' Nothing contradictory to their 'world peace', 'pacifist', 'man is destroying the world' tree-hugging beliefs. The recordings are even clearer than one can hear on even the best radio, as if it was really just a recorded conversation with someone sitting next to them. Also, the accent of the spirits seem to match the local accents of the researchers, yet they are talking to famous people from lots of different times (even in the same geography, time will change accents and colloquialisms (sp?))

It should be noted however, that is is not actually the spiricom device designed and operated by George Meek.

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

All of my EVP recording sessions are done using realtime monitoring of the audio while the recording is being made. This allows me the ability to carry on two way voice conversations with anything that chooses to respond.

However I have been unsuccessful in ever accomplishing this. I have done active methods where I have asked questions, and even gotten what may be a response. But it is always unrelated to my comment so it is not true communication. In fact it may well be simply coincedence. The claims made for Spiricoms and other such devices are in my opinion entirely unvalidated. Most are so noisy that they can't even be understood, yet some call that communication. Even simple one word answers to questions don't prove much because they are too short to really say conclusively they are replies. They may just be noise bursts. What I want to hear are complete sentences which don't need a lot of processing and other manipulation just to be heard. Otherwise I will remain skeptical of these claims..

#14 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

All of my EVP recording sessions are done using realtime monitoring of the audio while the recording is being made. This allows me the ability to carry on two way voice conversations with anything that chooses to respond.

However I have been unsuccessful in ever accomplishing this. I have done active methods where I have asked questions, and even gotten what may be a response. But it is always unrelated to my comment so it is not true communication. In fact it may well be simply coincedence. The claims made for Spiricoms and other such devices are in my opinion entirely unvalidated. Most are so noisy that they can't even be understood, yet some call that communication. Even simple one word answers to questions don't prove much because they are too short to really say conclusively they are replies. They may just be noise bursts. What I want to hear are complete sentences which don't need a lot of processing and other manipulation just to be heard. Otherwise I will remain skeptical of these claims..

There are recordings in the link above. They are not at all unclear and noisy. In some examples, the 'ghost' talks for several minutes in direct response to the questioner. Also, the spiricom (which is not in the links above) stuff is quite clear. I am not saying they are real at all, but I think you are confusing this with 'frank's box' or some such. These are not even in the same ballpark, if what they claim to have recorded is true. Give 'em a listen, first.

The spiricom does use something like the 'echo box' used in frank's box, but if I remember correctly, he (George Meek) had positioned a transmitter and receiver inside of a shielded box instead of the mic/speaker feedback loop of Frank's box. There are some rough plans and technical specs out there for Meek's device (the spiricom.) I think they are found at http://www.itc.org

If you get a chance, check them out. I am especially interested in yours and OMPRDave's opinion of these. I am not sure that you have heard the ones I am talking about from your description of them above.

#15 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

The correct site is http://www.worlditc.org

You can view some technical details of the device and theory of operation here:
http://www.worlditc....iri_000_007.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users