Old Tory Prison

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KellyP

KellyP

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

Do any of you guys know if the Old Tory Prison, on Rock Road in Burlington CT still exists? I was told that you could see it from the road, but I went looking for it today and didn't see it. I did however find Green Lady Cemetery, so the trip was worth it. But where the heck is the prison?

#2 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:30 AM

good question, i live down the street and never been there yet i ll see what i can find for you though
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#3 KellyP

KellyP

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

good question, i live down the street and never been there yet i ll see what i can find for you though

Awesome thanks.

I drove up and down rock road a couple of times and didn't see anything that resembled a prison. There was however what looked to be a new housing development. So maybe they tore down the prison and put the new houses there? I don't know. But If you find anything out please let me know :weeee:

#4 brass city paranormal

brass city paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

Ever have any luck with this?

#5 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

I live in Bristol, CT and have been to Old Tory Prison before. A common mistake with this location is that it is not on Rock Rd. It is on Stone Rd. If you are coming down from the center of Burlington (rt. 69) you need to go past Lampson Corner Cemetery. About a mile or so down the road you will veer left and head down towards the resouvoirs. The road you veer left onto is called Resouvoir Rd. Then you will come to an akward intersection. To the left is a dead end road. You need to head straight and then take a left. You will see a small little sign for a sugar house. Follow this sign because this is Stone Rd. About 2 miles, maybe a little less, the road will become a dirt road. The road is suitable for driving on just dont go too fast. The Old Prison will come up out of no where and it will be on you right hand side. It honestly scared the crap out of me simply because I wasnt expecting this building to be right around the corner lol. I would be weary about going there because the neighbors are not too thrilled with people going there. Its a shame because this has become a local hang out just like Green Lady has. Only difference is that there is graffiti all over this building. I have some photos that I have taken of the place. Hope these directions help.

#6 brass city paranormal

brass city paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

In the meanwhile one of my other members found it. We headed there last night, happily there were no partygoers there at the time. It's definitly creepy.

#7 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

When we went to green lady 3-4 car loads of people showed up...I dont' get the appeal of partying in a old graveyard...in my days we just went to someones house lol....

We went to lampson corner cemetery and there were so many gravestones knocked over we left...we didn't want to get blamed for any of that
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#8 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

Don't know if this is the same place or not. My folks live on GW Turnpike. If you follow it far enough you get into the Peoples forest. On the left just off the main road/trail is a small stone structure right by the brook. It looks pretty old, never investigated but walked by many times.

Is the Prison right by the old WWII jump school? That is definitely a neat place to visit.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#9 brass city paranormal

brass city paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

That sounds like the right place Dan, it's an extremely small building, actually on the right if you're coming from the north.

Jason, I know, we stopped by Guntown last week and first we drove by and there were 2 cars there, when we got back they were just pulling away, then as we were leaving two (more?) cars came up, we had to backtrack to our other stop to pick up something and they were still outside their cars (partying?)... sad thing is they were like upper 30s/ possibly early 40s.

When we stopped by Green Lady, two kids came in - while mom waited in the car.
I have to say that's pretty cool of the mom to take them though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users