The Mount Washington Hotel, New Hampshire

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

Let's not turn this into a discussion of a paranormal tv show.

Thanks.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#17 scriptspring

scriptspring

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I went to the TAPS investigation, a few years back, at the Mt. Washington. We were there for four nights in a corner room on first floor. The room was huge and very nice. The first three nights, nothing happened, it was just a room. On the last night, we did investigations all over the hotel and I wonder if something followed my friend back to our room.

My friend had already gone to bed when I got back to the room around 2:30 am. When I walked into the room, my friend sat up and said, "I think someone's in here." I asked questions and found out that she kept hearing some kind of shuffling sound coming from my side of the room. It was interesting, but I was tired and had to get up at 6:00 am to start our drive back home.

I had kept the light off in order not to disturb my friend. As I was getting my nightgown out of my suitcase, the overhead lights in the room flipped on. My friend sat up, a little ticked that I had flooded the room with light, but I told her that I didn't touch the light controls which were modern push button and near the door of the room. I was literally standing several feet away from the controls. I got ready for bed, turned the light off, and climbed into bed. My bed felt a little "off" but I was tired and ignored it. I was just about to shut my eyes when the overhead lights flipped on again. I crawled out of bed, shut them off, but on my way around the end of the bed, I stopped and said, "I'm sorry, but i'm really tired. Please stop playing with the lights." As far as I know, the lights stayed off.

Then as I tried to go to sleep, I ended up watching a gray mist float around the room. It had some mass because whenever it passed in front of the windows, it blocked the little bit of ambient light that was coming in from the walkway lightposts outside. It floated up to the ceiling, came down, and crossed the room a couple of times before I finally shut my eyes and fell asleep.

The next morning, my friend pointed out that my mattress was moved about six inches off the boxsprings. The mattress was so heavy, I couldn't even budge it. My friend said, "Maybe that was the noise I was hearing last night." I think she was right.

So is the Mount Washington haunted? Oh, yeah.

#18 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't live all that far, and the Mount Washington Hotel is on my "bucket" list of places to investigate. Do you plan to go back? Isn't it weird how we can sense a presence even though we can't see it? Very, very cool!
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users