BETWEEN WHAT EMF #'S OF MILIGAUSS ARE CLASSIFIED AS PARANORMAL

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 highlandghosthunters

highlandghosthunters

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

I have a "Dr. Guass" EMF meter and I'm trying to figure out if paranormal readings are between
0-1 miligauss or 2-7. I've read a few things that seem to contradict each other.

Also, when using this meter I believe if you hold the button down, it gives a backround reading.
When you let go of it, it should read close readings. Is this the proper technique to use when
searching for "ghosts"?

Please help me!!!!

Jen

#2 chowder

chowder

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I am not familar with that particular meter. But i can say that when i do investigations i look for anything out of the average reading in a room. Some rooms with have a average reading of say 1 milligauss. if you get a 2.5 in the center of the room it might be paranormal.

But even then you should try and rule out a light ficture or wires running in the floor. This is easy to do by just simply moving you meter in a upperward and down then a left to right direction and seeing if it gets a stronger singnal in any of these directions and something electrical is there.

#3 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

I get base readings of the location and anything that exceeds that during the investigation I will check to see if I can find a natural source and if not I rule it paranormal related.

#4 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

Yeah like he said look for any spikes above baseline .. a spike "MIGHT" be considered paranormal.
when you depress the button it reads between .1 and .9 and undpressed it 1.0 to 9.0 i believe.. i use a diferent type.
just because you get an abnormal reading its not a good idea to say it paranorml right away.. Take note of the anomaly and look for additional data to back the reading up, temp change, photo anomaly, evp etc etc..
When we get a spike we usualy start taking other measurment right away snap a few pics aim video camera at area..
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

Great advice. It is best to never assume that something is paranormal until all natural options are ruled out.

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

i think that it would depend on the baseline of that particular room, as different rooms might have different readings depending on what is in that room.
Love life.

#7 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

also when getting a spike inside look to the walls, there may be bad wiring present and that can cause a spike in emf fields rather easily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users