Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What really happens at the moment of death?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Well I seen a few people die, even my own father, but my father couldn’t talk so I have no idea what he felt, or if he saw anything

I had seen a young girl die, when she was hit by a car, while crossing the street, la poor little girl just trembled for a while then, she stopped, that was horrible, to die alone with only a stranger holding your hand.

Any way, I had seen others, but, no one has return to tell me what they felt…

I had a near death experiences once… actually that day, I left my body like 8 times, but every time, I was send back but an unseen force, because I the last thing in my mind at that moment was to came back.

I remember having convulsions, and my body jumping like a Mexican bean on the bed, but at that moment I felt no pain, nor fear… then in a second I was out of my body, I didn’t see a tunnel, like many people say, I guess I was out so fast, that I missed the hall that leads from death to life… but I was so happy, so free… just remember going up but not all the way to the clouds, is like stepping from one world to another. The scenery was beautiful, way beyond words, and I was climbing up what it seemed to be a very high mountain. Everything I saw it seemed like it had life of its own, and they were made of the same energy that I was, I was like if I had never experienced pain, or sorry, or hunger ever, (I was home)… that’s when I saw a huge light, the light was made out of goodness, everything that we can consider good, and I was going to be one with that light, because I was made of the same thing. By this time I was on the tip of the mountain, and I was going to became one with this light, and jump off I guess, but to the contrary, I was pushed back… and came back again to my body :angry: well that sucked!!!

Well probably like many people think it was just an hallucination, but in any way, I thing it was beautiful!!!… that helped me to cope with my father’s death, and it help me not to be afraid of dieing, also I notices that after that experience, my senses to the supernatural had sharpen more… Brain damage?.

I used to sense things before, but after this, the experiences I had with the supernatural had came more often and clearly.

Well…. That was my own experience, which I don’t share much because some people would think that you lost your mind… lol… well probably I did.

Hugs and love

Flor
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#32 pharmacy chick

pharmacy chick

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, play games, watch TV. Go out and socialize with friends. I love the outdoors.<br />I've always been interested in the supernatural and love to learn new things about it everyday.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:02 AM

I love Ghost Village! Who needs coffee to wake u up when all u have to do is come here and get ur morning dose of laughter,insights, and 2 cents, :angry: :Spaz:

Have a great day everyone!!!!
"Can you see the face behind the mirror?"

#33 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.<br />Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

When my favorite aunt (and spiritual teacher) was dying, and I went to visit her for the last time, she was already out of her body. She stood at the end of the bed and watched everyone come and talk to her and say good-bye. It was difficult not to laugh because people bent over her head to talk to her, and she stood there laughing at them like fools. LOL! So I thought at her, "old woman, get back in your body so I can talk to you!" It was a tense situation as my cousin believed her mother and I were evil, crazy people because of our spiritual beliefs. I couldn't exactly look at where my aunt was standing at the end the bed to talk to her with my cousin in the room. So I talked to my aunt's head. She laughed at me. Even in the process of dying, she still had a wicked sense of humor. My aunt and uncle shared a room at the nursing home. Also my cousin had power of attorney and didn't want "evil" people in the room, so I was not allowed to stay until the moment my aunt died. I have no idea what happened after I left. She died a few hours later. No one reported anything out of the ordinary, not that my cousin would admit anything.

My aunt stayed around for the funeral and enjoyed the lovely eulogy given by a friend of the family, in accordance with her spirital beliefs. (We all practiced Reiki together as students and were attuned by the same master.) My cousin was rude and talked through the service and said terrbile things about what her mom believed in. In the spring when the ground thawed, my cousin's family had a graveside service to inter my aunt's ashes. They had a hell-fire-and-brimstone preacher give the service at that time, a man who never met my aunt. How sad that my cousins were so afraid my aunt was burning in hell. How insulting to hire someone for a second memorial to preach the exact opposite of what the the dead person believed in life. But my aunt is having the last laugh on all of her children and grandchildren now. One day they will know death is not the end, but another path for the soul to follow, another level of existence.

Of course, it is strange to inhabit the earth no longer,
to give up customs one barely had time to learn,
not to see roses and other promising Things
in terms of a human future; no longer to be
what one was in infinitely anxious hands; to leave
even one's own first name behind, forgetting it
as easily as a child abandons a broken toy.
Strange to no longer desire one's desires. Strange
to see meanings that clung together once, floating away
in every direction. And being dead is hard work
and full of retrieval before one can gradually feel
a trace of eternity. -Though the living are wrong to believe
in the too-sharp distinctions which they themselves have
created.
Angels (they say) don't know whether it is the living
they are moving among, or the dead. The eternal torrent
whirls all ages along in it, through both realms
forever, and their voices are drowned out in its thunderous roar.

"The First Elegy" The Duino Elegies, Rainer Maria Rilke, Trans. Stephen Mitchell

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#34 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:18 AM

My grandfather knew the time was near. I asked him how he knew and he told me that some nights when he'd look out the window he would see his departed parents and brothers and sisters standing around the front yard of the house. My grandpa had prostate cancer by this time and was pretty weak. About a month later he passed away. He finally joined his family, I guess.
That's why I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly see our departed loved ones being there to help us get to the other side in our time of dying.

#35 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

I think it's like going 2 sleep. Maybe when one is about 2 die it's how u feel when u are so sleepy and can't keep your eyes open. Then once u close them, sleep comes right away. When u die though, you're transported 2 another place almost like a dream & I think u will b in a different state of mind that you're happy enough 2 wait 4 d rest of your family & friends 2 join u.

Hey! We'll all find out one day right folks?

#36 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have yet to experience death... I hope that it's like being put to sleep for surgery without the waking up totally butchered.
Personally I do not fear death... There are worse things than death. Death is just the beginning.
Love life.

#37 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have yet to experience death... I hope that it's like being put to sleep for surgery without the waking up totally butchered.
Personally I do not fear death... There are worse things than death. Death is just the beginning.

I don't fear death, either. What frightens me is the method. Will I suffer a horribly painful death? Will I welcome death as an end to years of a terminal disease? Will I "wake up" one morning only to find my body still laying in bed?

But more than that, I worry about how my family and loved ones will react.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#38 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

I don't fear death, either. What frightens me is the method. Will I suffer a horribly painful death? Will I welcome death as an end to years of a terminal disease? Will I "wake up" one morning only to find my body still laying in bed?

But more than that, I worry about how my family and loved ones will react.

I too worry about my family if I were to die... Mostly my mom if I were to die before her. Not only did she give birth to me but she ahas been my caregiver for the past 7 years....

I worry about death being painful as well... But I hope that I'm in enough "shock" that I'm really unaware of if I really am in pain.

In my honest opinion after being in pretty severe pain and dealing with debilitating symptoms for almost 1/2 of my life I KNOW that at least the pain with death wouldn't last for long (hopefully)... And sometimes you suffer more in life than you do in death.

I went through a period last year where I became so depressed about my health situation that I comtemplated death... Then I thought about my mom and my little sister (not to mention who my little Stella would sleep with) and I talked to my therapist and we figured out it was from an idiot doc messing with my anti depressants (on the first visit no less... NEVER go off cold turkey, no matter how low the dose!)...

Anyways... I don't know if any of that made sense but basically I don't fear death in itself but I fear what I would leave behind.
Lex
Love life.

#39 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

I once heard someone say; 'It's not being dead that scares me, it *getting* dead that scares me"
I think that probably explains how I feel.
As for what happens at the exact moment of death, well since living is so diffrent for everyone, I think dyng probably is too.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#40 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

~I can't remember wher I heard it or read it from, but back in the old, old, old days, folks used to cry when a child was born because they knew this child was going to grow up knowing pain & loss. But when a person passed away, folks would be very happy because now these people were finally going to feel no pain, no loss.

I'd like to think that loved ones will be waiting for you on the other side, but I don't know. If I go anytime soon (right now, I'm too busy to), I'll come back here & let y'all know what it's like. :hug2:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#41 Lissa Pissa

Lissa Pissa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Just This Side of Scenic Insanity...and sometimes Raleigh, NC
  • Interests:Being a mom first and foremost, cooking, working to save Mother Earth, starting revolutions, talking to dead people, you know- basic stuff...

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

I once heard someone say; 'It's not being dead that scares me, it *getting* dead that scares me"
As for what happens at the exact moment of death, well since living is so diffrent for everyone, I think dyng probably is too.

I have to agree with you completely there. The actual "act" of dying scares the shnikes out of me...unless it is in a peaceful way, of course. I sometimes wonder if I may drown, or if I may have drowned in a previous life because I have an extreme phobia of drowning. I always joke that I'm stuck on this continent because traversing the ocean in ANYTHING just scares the bejeezus out of me. Just the thought of that last breath literally takes me breath away. If I were to die simply of old age, lying in my bed, waiting to see my loved ones...then I would definitely go without a second thought.
I suppose I imagine the "other side" being a learning experience for our souls. A place where we learn from Elders and try to guide the loved ones we left behind. I honestly feel like my father has been with me since he died when I was a baby.
"I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end."-Kahlil Gibran, Anthem of Humanity "For what is evil, but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"-Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

#42 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have to agree with you completely there. The actual "act" of dying scares the shnikes out of me...unless it is in a peaceful way, of course. I sometimes wonder if I may drown, or if I may have drowned in a previous life because I have an extreme phobia of drowning. I always joke that I'm stuck on this continent because traversing the ocean in ANYTHING just scares the bejeezus out of me. Just the thought of that last breath literally takes me breath away. If I were to die simply of old age, lying in my bed, waiting to see my loved ones...then I would definitely go without a second thought.
I suppose I imagine the "other side" being a learning experience for our souls. A place where we learn from Elders and try to guide the loved ones we left behind. I honestly feel like my father has been with me since he died when I was a baby.

There are so many 'death sentences' we can receive while still living - medical conditions come to mind. Our mind then dies a thousand deaths awaiting the big moment. We have created all that fear before the actual event.

Death is going to sleep in the body and awakening in the spirit. We are as alive and well in spirit as we were before in the body. We are now in the spirit vibration.

Remaining calm and looking upon spirit realms as a whole new adventure leaves all those fears behind and gives us reason to look forward. We will meet/greet those who have gone before to help us on our way. "I go to prepare a place for you" was said by Jesus talking to his friends. Don't our loved ones do the same?

#43 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

At the moment of my death I'll get back with you on that. Do you require particulars?

#44 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

The only person I watched die was my Mom. All us kids were with her when she took her last breath. It was a peaceful passing, no death rattle, nothing, she just quite beathing. Her eyes remained open, I tryed to close them like in the movies but they wouldn't stay closed. This kind bother me bc you could really see no life in her eyesat all just a dead stare. That's when I knew Mom was gone. She left very peaceful, just going to sleep. I think that helped all us kids.
We knew and she made it clear she was afraid of being in pain. I think Hospis(sp?) did a out standing job making sure she had what she needed for everything. I think she went to the great beyond and maybe comes around every now and then. When she took her last breath some how I knew her soul wasn't with us and my Mom wasn't laying there anymore even as I look at her body. It was kinda surreal.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#45 henry fitzroy

henry fitzroy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

well i have experianced death myself but managed to return and let me tell you it was no walk in the park it was cold lonely and dark it was like the darkness went on forever and there was something wathing me from the darkness i couldn't see it all i could make out was it's grinning mouth i tried to run but could'nt move then something tried to grab me and i closed my eyes when i woke up i was back in my chair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users