Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What really happens at the moment of death?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

As I'm new to the boards, I'm still reading and catching up on all the topic's and posts, so if this question or topic has already been discussed, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

My question is What really happens at the moment of death?

I guess you could say I'm searching for what is beyond the phyiscal death, as I already know what occur's during that. This is more of a literal moment of death question, are you consciously aware that you are dieing, can you feel what is happening to your body or is it more of a slipping away? As strange as it may sound do those who die in their sleep know on some level that they are dieing? And what are your opinion's of endorphin's being released in the brain that may reduce the pain if there is any at that moment and cause euphoric feelings associated with vision's and hearing voice's of our loved ones?

Well as you can see I'm full of questions on the topic, I hope these are enough to explain what I mean and hopefully have you respond with your view's and opinion's. :clap: Thank you.

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#2 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

Hi M.k.,
from what I've gathered from
being around a few people when they died,
and also from what my aunt has seen as a nurse,
the dying experience can be as varying as the
birth experience.
Some are easy and peaceful
and some are painful and hard.
Some go quickly
with a joyous smile, still others hold on to life as
tightly as they can for as long as they can.

As far as the natural coctail that the brain releases
when a person is dying and in pain whether physically
or emotionally...god I hope so.

I believe absolutely that a persons actual loved ones spirit
will come to the death bed and greet them.

Of course that doesn't mean that hallucinations aren't possible
as well. (Be more enjoyable :Spaz: )
Spooks... :clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:43 AM

This is a question that I have been wondering myself for a long time now.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thank you for your replies :ghost: . First, they let me know that I'm not the only one who's wondered about this, and given me a better perspective on what other's have seen and heard happens. Do either of you wonder if it is a personal thing between ourselves and our creator and perhaps that is why while we have glimpses of the experience from those who've nearly died, we don't know exactly what it is like?
oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#5 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

Yes M.K., I think it is a very personal experience
between us and "the creator".
I've never seen anything more intimate
than the death process, some things in life are
perhaps as intimate but nothing I've witnessed
or facillitated were more intimate... :ghost:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#6 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:32 AM

I think some of it may depend on the manner in wich one dies. What if a death is violent and sudden? Then I don't think we would know what happened at all. Not right away, anyhow.

I too think we are greated by loved ones and angels. But to really know I guess we have to wait till our time comes.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#7 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:41 AM

What really happens at the moment of death?

I think that it's like a great weight is taken off. After all, your spirit is separated from the physical shell. Remember all of those people who've been in comas and remembered floating above their bodies? I don't think there is physical pain anymore, however the mental agonies that we might have been suffering before death may still remain, depending on how ready we are to let them go.

There's always that mention of seeing a bright light, too. That might be the gateway to 'heaven', through which loved ones may come to get us, and through which we have to go to move on.

What happens to you after death depends on who you are and what choices you make then. It'll be a big adjustment, though.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#8 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

I read somewhere that at the moment of death we will have a film of our lives playing in our head.We will see the choices we made and how we affected others.
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#9 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

one rendition that i've heard was that it is a sort of euphoric feeling mentally. because of the different body systems shutting down , like for instance the kidneys, the person has a shut down and the fluids block other systems in the body. i did talk to a few medical people about this and they seem to think that's how it goes. as for the sudden death people, hopefully the shock just takes care of that. just my opinion.

#10 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

I've got an idea of what happens at death, seeing my great grandpa slowly dying about 5 years ago. He started talking to an unseen relative that had been dead for years, and wanted us to pull up a chair for her. Thats basically all i can think of, but I'm just wondering, if its the spirit of a relative who just appeared to guide him after death or something like that, or has the spirit been there all along but they cant really see them until they are at that near death state.

#11 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:22 AM

I've been exposed to death a fair amount. One person fought it until the last minute, and then he just relaxed and said, "I'm ready now", and closed his eyes and that was it.

I think that it all depends on what your personal views of the afterlife are. If you believe that there is a "hell", then you might be a little hesitant to leave, for fear that you are going to spend the rest of eternity burning. However, if you believe that death is just the next step, you may just welcome it. Also if you have unfinished business here, you may put up more of a fight.

Young children seem to just let it happen, perhaps because they haven't been exposed to years of worrying about if they have sinned or not, or perhaps an angel comes to them and helps them cross over peacefully.
Posted Image

#12 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:My Favorites:<br />MUSIC, songwriting and Neurological Music Therapy Research.... oh, and flowers... lots of them.....<br /><br />My Experience:<br />Musical Composition, Orchestration, Arranging, <br />Performance....... <br />Music Video Production, Filming, Editing, Pod Casting.....<br />Photography, Cinematography, PhotoJournalism.... <br />Producer, Writer, Film Editor........<br /> <br />Paranormally:<br />Researcher of Inaudible Cacophonic Phonology, <br />I use digital and 8mm film, Nikon D60 Digital SLR Photography and digital audio....<br />St. Michael and the Angels, demonology and possession......<br /><br />I'm on a mission from God....<br /><br />4:44

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

I was reading through the above posts and thought it would be good to refresh the topic, if anyone would care to add anything.... this time of year, many questions about death and dying arise....... and The Day of the Dead is just around the corner..... :whoohoo:

Edited by peepers, 25 October 2007 - 10:15 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#13 ~*Jazzy*~

~*Jazzy*~

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal happenings...and being able to discuss odd things without people running at you with a straight jacket!!<br /><br />Places I've had the luxury of investigating:<br /><br />Waverly Hills (Louisville, Kentucky)<br />Moundsville State Pen (West Virginia)<br />Prospect Mansion (Ohio)

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

I've watched people die peacefully and I've watched people die, fighting it every step of the way. I really dont have an answer to this question. I guess when I pass over, I'll come back and let y'all know what happens.
Posted Image Thanks Aloha!!!The MAN on the cover of GQ that is in my profile pic is the LOVE of my life!

#14 meanderer

meanderer

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

On another site I belong to, someone's "signature" on his profile went something like:

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, in his sleep; not screaming and crying like the passengers in his back seat".

I just thought that was funny....
Beannacht ort

#15 erato

erato

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:1. Creative writing, mostly poetry, sporadic prose and script writing... <br />2. Art, I love my pencil *lol* paints to some extent... 3. Movies (except war, mindless killing and romance *ugh*), sci-fi freak for some time now, <br />3. Will read almost anything.. from fantasy to alternative history &amp; religious texts... <br />4.Interested in meeting people with similar interests esp in the supernatural and afterlife (which is why I'm here) <br />5. Spirit cleansing and connection <br />lets see.. yep i think that covers it.. (for now). <br /> <br />If you're interested in poetry, visit my rambling site.. <br />http://of-moons-and-tongues.bebo.com/

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:42 AM

This is a really intriguing question that I have often wondered about.

I really think that some people are aware that their time is near. Two of my reli's on separate occasions (grandmother and nephew) both asked to see people and say their good byes. My grandmother was 85 and in the 2 weeks before her death started asking for people to visit so that she could say goodbye. My nephew who was going abroad for heart surgery, asked to say his goodbyes before he went away as he might not see us when he got back. My mum I am not sure of as she went into a comma and slipped away as I stood there beside her.

I also know that some people have the ability of being able to tell if someone is close to their time. I have only been able to see this three times and no it wasn't as dramatic as in white noise 2 *lol* but it was freaky when I realized what it was all the same.

The first time was with my grandmother. I saw her a week before she passed away and I remembered thinking as we were leaving that I wouldn't see her alive again. Maybe it was just a sense of dread I dont know.. with my mum, i didn't recognize it as I thought she was just ill (diabetes) but when I looked at her she seemed to have a shiny (glossy) appearance ..

A couple of months after that I realized the significance of this glossy look when I saw one of my bosses with the same appearance. To me he looked blotchy as if I could see grey patches on his skin (even though he had no skin colorations-- does that make sense to anyone???) When i commented on how ill he looked I was told he had a stomach bug. Everyone else said he just looked dehydrated but he looked really odd to me.. a few weeks later he died of cancer.

Then around the same time, a secretary at work who had been ill for some time also looked the same way.. she was admitted to the hospital and the night we visited her, I just looked at her, saw the same signs and I thought that's it she is not going to make it.. the next morning we got the news that she had passed away..

I just hope that when my time comes I can 'see' or 'feel' the signs so that I can say proper goodbyes to all those that I hold dear to me you know?...

On another note, I have heard of two separate incidents where people screamed and yelled saying things like: "they're coming" or "they're here" or "Please dont let them take me" just moments before death. Maybe its like Justa says that these folks were concerned about what was waiting for them.. I think its a little exciting after a full life moving to the next step whatever that may be..

Just my 2c worth..
In Peace & Light,~Erato“In morals what begins in fear usually ends in wickedness; in religion what begins in fear usually ends in fanaticism. Fear, either as a principle or a motive, is the beginning of all evil.” Anna Jameson---"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die" Leonardo Da Vinci ---Friedrich Nietzche: "you must have chaos within you, to give birth to a dancing star" ---George Orwell: "One cannot really be a catholic and grown up" ---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users