Haunting in Jewelry???

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Just_Callme_Jess

Just_Callme_Jess

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my friends at Entertainment Boards just follow my homepage.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

**I hope this is the correct place**

I was wondering if someone can tell me if it is possible for jewelry to hold some type of haunting. Or if jewelry can possess evil or good?
Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks

Posted Image

You never know who is around or can show up at the last minute!

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

I've often read about inanimate objects being haunted. I'm not sure how this could work. I'm going to speculate that, maybe there isn't a ghost in the actual object, but maybe the ghost is attached to the object itself. So wherever the object goes, the ghost follows. Which makes sense to me because there are alot of materialistic people in the world who would probably not want to lose a possession even in death. So, yes, I think jewelry could be "haunted".
We've recently acquired a typewriter from 1921. Just for fun (because it's not enough for me to think we have a ghost) our touch-activated lamp turned itself on by itself last night. Nothing fell on it, and the table wasn't bumped. It was a little weird, and even though I took note of it, there's probably a logical explanation. ;)

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

( I'm going to speculate that, maybe there isn't a ghost in the actual object, but maybe the ghost is attached to the object itself. So wherever the object goes, the ghost follows.)

I agree with the above too. I was very close to my grandmother and when she died my mother gave me her diamond wedding ring. She said my grandmother wanted me to have it. I wear it all the time for the holidays and other family get together times, and it is like my grandmother is present when I have it on.
Also, I got a neat idea to display some of my grandparents belongings in my home. My grandmother had an old suitecase with her initials on it. I set it up open on a corner table and actually displayed quite a collection of things of theirs in it. Things that would normally be tucked away in draws and boxes and never to be seen. I have their wedding photo in a frame propped up in the middle. Old fashioned high lace gloves are draped so they hang off the front. My grandfathers old camera with a leather case and strap hangs from the top corner. I found some old letters and short notes and had them laminated. The back pouch contains some old programs and postcards. I have some of my grandmothers jewelry and old english coins
scattered about (my grandparents were from England). Also an old bible with an inscription in the front from my great grandfather to my grandmother dated the day she left England and came by boat to the US. My mother keeps finding little odds and ends for me to add. It is a neat idea for anyone to do. Anyway, it is strange, but whenever anyone comes into my house, no matter what age or if they knew my grandparents or not, they are drawn to it and mesmerized by it. It is a strange feeling like they are still present with their belongings displayed.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I bought an old wooden wall phone at an antique shop. It is the old fashioned kind with the part you speak into on the phone, the part that lifts off and you put to your ear and there is a handle on the side and when you crank it, it makes a ringing sound. We were told that all the inner parts still worked and we could hook it up. I think we were told that we could recieve calls, but not call out with it. Anyway, we did not hook it up, we just wanted it in our kitchen on the wall for display. Would you believe that about two weeks after we had it, I heard it ringing in the middle of the night. Talk about getting chills.....and no, I did not get up to answer it. It never rang since then, but I look at it a little different than the first day we bought it and still wonder who was calling that night.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

:Spaz: The phone rang!? Awesome. Simply awesome. ;)

#5 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:43 AM

I wonder what the charges would be if it was long distance.....lol! :)
I have felt the same way, the objects themselves are not haunted, the spirit follows it. My daughter says the same!
I have a piece of a headstone from a certain President's tomb, my daughter was able to tell exactly who it belonged to. I had proof of who it belonged to, I kept it sealed, she wouldn't even touch it. But she could tell me who it was. I asked her how did she know, she said their were spirits of soldiers who guarded it who stayed with it. This President was reburied and his tomb was cut up and given to certain folks. A friend of mine got it, long story. But it was weird to even touch it, you can feel a presence when you hold it.
Anyone know who I'm talking about? Just curious. ;)
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#6 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

Abraham Lincoln? Just what I feel for some reason.

And to answer the question, Yes, I do think Jewelry and other object's can be haunted by the energy of those who were attached to it, if the object held great sentimental value for them what better way to leave a trace of themselves than through it.

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#7 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

Hi Mary,
Your very correct!
:Spaz:

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

Yes, people can leave residual energy (non-interactive, just a movie playing itself over and over). This is most likely at a place of great emotion (whether positive or negative). I suppose it would be possible to leave a mark on possessions, too - provided they were a source of a strong emotion.

I'm sure you've walked into a family's home and instantly felt great love. Likewise it's hard to completely get rid of the feelings of horror at murder scenes - even after it's been cleaned and you don't know what happened there.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

I agree, but I do not think that it is materialistic people that get attached to an object. Maybe it is just a familiar object, like a source of grounding. There are theories that ghosts cannot move freely but are "grounded" to one place, so maybe they can get grounded to one object too. I have also heard of them getting attached to people.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#10 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

Hi Leslie :Spaz: I thought I was right, did your friend happen to acquire this piece from a sale of some sort where those that had it weren't really sure what it was or simply weren't interested in the piece?

aloha_spirit Posted Today, 01:56 PM
Yes, people can leave residual energy (non-interactive, just a movie playing itself over and over). This is most likely at a place of great emotion (whether positive or negative). I suppose it would be possible to leave a mark on possessions, too - provided they were a source of a strong emotion.

I'm sure you've walked into a family's home and instantly felt great love. Likewise it's hard to completely get rid of the feelings of horror at murder scenes - even after it's been cleaned and you don't know what happened there.

Thank you Aloha_Spirit while I was typing my post I couldn't remember that this energy was called Residual. I think the greatest case of residual energy is what most refer to as "The Amityville Horror", whatever happen on that fateful night to cause Ronald DeFeo Jr. to murder his family, and the act of doing so, has been left upon the house in this form and that's the true haunting of the place. But that's just my opinion, other's certainly could feel different.
oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#11 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:02 AM

Hi Mary,
Yes at an estate sale, but they just gave it away to my friend. The owner had passed on and these folks didn't know what it was. It is really cool to hold and see. Just need to keep it safe now.
:Spaz:
Leslie

#12 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:55 AM

I have a silver claddaugh ring that I never wear anymore. Every time I've worn it, (I think) I've had bad luck. Now I don't even take chances.....I just don't wear it anymore.
Posted Image

#13 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

I think I agree with everything thats been said here, but let me throw a question the pot anyway.

Question: Why would a head stone have a presence in it if the spirit leaves the body well before it is buried? The spirit had never been there before so there could be no emotional attachment.

Don't get me wrong I've been to graveyards and think I've felt spirits, But really it doesn't seem to make sense why there would be any spirits in a graveyard unless someone actually died there.

The jewelry thing I can see, it was part of thier physical life.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#14 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:08 PM

Dave, the ancient Hebrews believed the spirit hung around the body for 3 days after death. This is the reason that Jesus waited longer than 3 days to raise Lazerus from the grave, and why Jesus himself didn't resurrect for a full 3 days after the crucifixion.

Or perhaps the spirit likes to visit where its former body is laid - something like missing the joys that are only possible with a physical body.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#15 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

Aloha: I'm assuming that the three days comes from the natural decompisition of a human body. In the days before refrigerated morgues when someone dies the bacteria already in the bodie start eating away at the cells that are no longer being restored. This created gases and bloating. I am not an expert in this matter, but after a short period of time, say three days, the body has decomposed enough to release the gas and resume its more natural, before death look.

As I understand it a lot of factors like heat and humidity affect this process so it would be different for different areas. I know this sounds morbid and macabre but the timeline, three days, had to come from somewhere.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users