• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cita

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hi all!

This may be a "stupid" question but I really want to know....

Is it true that animals, especially cats, can drive away spirits? I know that some animals can "detect" paranormal events but can they drive them away?

Since I have cats, and sometimes "odd" feelings in my home, I would like to know if itīs impossible that these feelings could be caused by sprits or I just have an active imagination?!

Ideas any one?

/ Cita

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

I've heard about animals being able to detect ghosts, but I've never heard of 'em being able to chase them away.
I don't think this is a stupid question at all. I think it's a very good one. :Spaz:
Does anyone else know anymore about animals and ghosts?

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:56 AM

I've never heard of them being able to drive them away. I know they won't go into rooms that may have an entity in it. My daughter's dog sometimes would not let me in her room when there was an entity in the room and sometimes she would not even go in herself. It would depend on if she was already in the room or not. She protected her from any harm. We knew she knew there was someone in there with my daughter. We were not always sure if it was her being afraid or what exactly.
We have watched our other animals when there is activity in our house, they all act weird in some way. Sometimes they bark or run for no reason. We have caught them staring at a certain spot in a room, we would check and you could even feel the cold in that spot. My daughter would say who was there to us, many times it would be one of our animals who had passed on. They have an uncanny sense of spirits, that I know for sure. :Spaz:
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 saralove_23

saralove_23

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

I have heard, according to egyptian legend that cat's are the guardian's of the underworld.... but i don't know if that's true.

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

I heard rumors of cats driving away spirits and whatnot but I don't know how true that is. I have owned cats and still had paranormal encounters....but on the of other hand..he was fat and lazy.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 Cita

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

Thank you all for the input :Spaz:

Maybe itīs an swedish "thing" in regards to what cats can and cant do? I have been told that dogs can detect spirits but cats will chase them away...itīs really interesting!

Iīve also heard that, in regards to the egyptian legends, cats are the keepers of the underground..maybe thatīs were it comes from?

Since I have cats, I thought it would be really interesting to find out to what level their psychic abilities range.....do you know if there is any sites that investigates this?

/ Cita

#7 flatbroke4ever

flatbroke4ever

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:39 AM

I don't know much about what they can do with spirits, but I know if you have a cat that gets extra-playful on a certain day, you're gonna have a weather change, and soon, generally rain. They say it's a wive's tale, but my cats tell me when it's gonna come a downpour everytime!

#8 Tallulah-Bloggs

Tallulah-Bloggs

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

Hi Cita,

I haven't heard this before, but there are some religions and beliefs that say cats are guardians of the portal or gateway between this world and the next. It's an interesting idea anyway. I have a cat, so if you find out anymore I would love to know.

Tallulah

#9 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

I read once that a cat's brain function is nearly identical to that of a human brain. They have emotions similar to us as well.
I dont' know about animals chasing away spirits - that one is new to me. I do remember a time when I could feel a presence in my home one evening - an angry one. I first noticed it because the cat (now 15 1/2) was sitting on the couch next to me and he began staring off to the other side of the room towards a recliner that was near the door to the kitchen. Gradually, the cat became very agitated, his eyes got all huge and his fur fluffed out. He started to rumble low in his throat. After a bit he settled down, but for the time that entity was coming around, (before I sent it away) the cat always acted like that. Weird, huh?

Oh, and Cita? Remember that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ever ask. All the ones you do ask are not stupid. :wow:
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#10 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

If it is true my cats are doing a bad job.
Posted Image

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

I am familar with the idea that cats and dogs can sense and see ghost but not with one of them driving them away.

#12 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:57 AM

i never heard of dogs and cats being able to drive away spirits either. although i do know that my dogs pick them up.

#13 wyldefyre67

wyldefyre67

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:04 PM

I am new to this but now that you mention it my female cat will look and chatter at the ceiling in my room from time to time and that is where I often hear noises without explanation
[font=Comic Sans Ms] [font=Comic Sans Ms] wyldefyre67

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

Hello, wyldefire, welcome to GV. Talking bout animals, they have more range of senses than humans. so they are more open for the paranormal too.
Posted Image

#15 Anomaly

Anomaly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The Occult, Paranormal investigation/research/studies, mediumship, free-lance photography, writing (short stories, poetry), hiking, horticulture, music, baseball, tennis, animal welfare, counceling....to name a few of the more important. *wink*

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

It has always been believed that animals-cats, esepcially can ward off evil spirits. But I don't know as if this is true. At the time I lived in a house with a malevolent spirit, I didn't own any pets.

I have 5 cats now, but it hasn't stopped our little spirit from making her presense known. They tend to get a little crazed at the time...usually this is how I can tell that something is amiss. But the spirit doesn't seem to be bothered at all by it. It drives the cats insane though!!
Posted ImageThere was something awesome in the thought of the solitary mortal standing by the open window and summoning in from the gloom outside the spirits of the nether world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users