• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 ifindspirits

ifindspirits

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Hello, Cita. This is all that I have found... I hope it helps :weeee:

In ancient Egypt, the Goddess Bast was a black, female cat. Christians, wanting to rid society of all traces of other religions, convinced the ignorant that black cats were demons in disguise and should thus be destroyed. In the process, they also destroyed the kindly ladies who cared for the cats, believing them to be witches. Being demons, a black cat crossing your path would create a barrier of evil, cutting you off from God and blocking the entrance to heaven.

In Feng Shui, cats also symbolises protection against evil spirits as they are able to see in the dark and frighten away spirits that have bad intention.

When early settlers arrived in America, they brought their belief in witches. These legends spread and combined with the beliefs of Native Americans who believed in evil spirits and the black magic beliefs of African slaves. The black cat has often been associated with witches. It was even believed that a witch could shape shift into a cat. Others believed the cats were the spirit of the dead. The most common superstition is if a black cat crossed your path, you would experience bad luck. People would actually turn around and go the opposite direction to avoid bad luck.

I personally know that my dog can detect spiritual entities; however, I don't know about a cat, as I don't own one.

Again, I hope this helps,

~Susan
Posted Image

#17 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

Great question!

I do know that cats are amazingly adept at sensing spirits. They are also very good at sensing human karma or auras. I recommend cats to single women because cats can sense good men from bad men. My two kitties layed low during my entire second marriage. As soon as "Mr. 2nd Husband" left, my kitties returned to normal. I didn't realize the remarkable change in their moods/behavior until after he left. My one kitty did a complete 180 and is now the most lovable kitty in the world.

My two kitties absolutely adore my fiance, Jack. They always come around when he's home. In fact, Freud shows intense signs of depression when Jack is away. So, they are very sensitive. When my parrot Marilyn was dying, she would only let Jack hold her and comfort her until the morning she died (Jack was away that morning), then she let me hold her.

So, cats (and, other animals, too) have amazing perception regarding both the living and the dead. I've never heard of cats being able to drive spirits away...but, I would think that could be possible, too, although mine have never been able to drive any of my spirits away.

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 23 April 2006 - 01:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users