• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#16 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

You all have good points. I beleive we are using more than 10% of our brain but it is still evolving (see different thred).

The only thing I see I really disagree with is White Knights comment that ghosts would have to behave differently. They would have to behave the same. The difference is their mass would be much lighter being mostly energy and they would have to feed differently than we do. Plants do not feed the same way we do yet they exsist in our laws of nature.

Just my humble opinion. Glad to see more people here discussing this.

I completely agree with Evad here. I've always thought of ghosts as being paranormal, but not magical. I think if they are manipulating energy then they would have to adhere to certain universal laws. Unless....there are laws of nature that we have not discovered yet and therefore do not understand. Which I think may be a possibility. I don't know how, I just think like the brain, our knowledge of our surroundings is also still evolving.
In this scenario, The White Knight would be on the right track.
Until we discover something new, I'm going to stick with what we know in regards to ghosts, while considering and speculating about what we don't know about them. :whoohoo: B)

#17 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

For the purpose of this thread, let us assume ghosts exist, Esp exists, Multiple universes exist. Everything is possible.

There is still underlying natural laws of the way things interact. Gravity, magnetism, energy. I think if you do even basic recearch you will find everything can be simplified even further. Everything in the universe is composed of energy. As the energy obtains mass it starts giving magnetic and gravitational effects. So we can eliminate them from the equation and concentrate on just how energy behaves.

We have to go a lot smaller than the atom to see basic energy in its purest form. By the time we reach the size of an atom we already have acquired mass so the other forces come into play.

Photons, neutrino's and quarks are the key words to use in an intenet search. Also the string theory and M-theory will give you a lot of revelations about pure energy. I'm not going to go on and on about my views but from researching the above subjects is how I acquired my information.

I still stand that there are three forms of energy and the biggest one the neutral force is largerly ignored. My veiwpoint is without a large neutral force the positive and negative forces will collide anhilating each other. The neutral force surronds and dampens the positive and negative and bind it together so we can have mass. If there were no mass we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I am currently writing a theory on this and will give you guys a copy of it when it is finished. So far I've found nothing that disproves it.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#18 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

....and let us not forget poor Mr. Quantum Loop Gravity! (I know, I know....I'll stop!) :ghost: ;) :) :)

#19 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

Hi :) I read your post White Knight and I too have considered this, in fact I had a rather in depth, though for the most part one sided conversation with my boyfriend one night about this very thing, I say one sided because he's a notorious "Fence Sitter" himself :)
The conversation started with me stating that how over the year's through working at a funeral home I had come in contact with people I have known personally who passed away, and how I had noticed that the very essence of who they were was no longer within them, that they had shed the body to move onto a higher state of being. This is when I started to ponder what that higher state of being really was, what is the soul, the essence, the spirit really?
Is it energy...
Well it takes a supply of energy to make things work the way they are intended too, a T. V. won't play without it, neither will any other appliance and an appliance is defined as being an instrument or device designed for a particular use. Is this what we really are? After all most people when asked why we are here will say to learn from or teach other's, that's a particular use, right?
So maybe soul's really are energy and that energy when we pass on is released into the atmosphere living along side of us, perhaps at an opportune moment our minds become conductor's for this energy and allow us to see it in the form of a ghost. My personal opinion is a ghost reveal's itself because it has unfinished business, something left unsaid or undid, simply put there is a need for it too, other wise they are perfectly content where they are.
Hopefully I've conveyed my thoughts correctly, I still find myself wondering and sorting through it all, but just wanted to share what I think at this point. :)

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#20 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:04 AM

So do you want a seat on the fence with us?
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#21 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:21 AM

I'd love a seat on the fence, seems to me this is where the real discovery of what and why Ghost's are will be found :)
oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#22 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:52 AM

you need to write to Spooks and tell her to build some bleachers.

#23 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:59 AM

Let me try to explain my theory of ghosts without getting too deep, anyone who has read any of my post will probably think I'm being repitisous and you are probably right. So I will try to be brief without boring you too bad.

First off I'm a fence sitter so this is all speculation on my part.
Secondly I have had experiences which I can not explain with normal logic.

Ghosts would have to be energy, there is no other way for them to exist. According to my calculations there are three types of energy. Positive, neutral and negative, not Good, so-so and evil. I do beleive people are also positively, neutral, and negatively charged. This would stand to reason because of our different attitudes and our opposite or non-caring attitudes on different days.

Bottom line we are an energy force. We eat and convert the sugars in our diet into energy. Depending on what we eat depends our positive or negative charges. There are also a lot of external factors in determining our charges, and heridty is also a factor. I can prove this to you conclusively.

Every body knows someone who always thinks very negative. This will never work, no one likes me, poor poor me.

Everybody also knows someone at the other end of the scale. The can do attitude, nothing can stop them, where do they get all that energy?

Fortunately most of us are at neither end of the scale, we are somewhere in the middle. This is exactly how the positive, neutral, and negative forces of energy work. It can be applied to everything in the universe which is made up of energy, which is everything.

We can be varying degress of positive or varying degrees of negative energy but we can never be 100% neutral. We can get close to neutral 100.1% either side of it but never fully neutral. This is the natural laws of physics we live under. Crossing into the other realm, ghosts would be subject to the same laws.

The majority of ghosts would be pretty neutral just as we are, some would display positive energies and some would display negative energies, just as we do in this realm. This is not a definintion of good and evil. Just positive and negative energies.

Energy operates at a certain bandwith. If you are tuned into that frequency you should be able to pick up whatever energy is operating at that bandwith. Negative or positive. I'm not going to get into my theories at this time but there would be virtually an infinite number of possible bandwidths.

Have you ever found yourself singing a song and turned on the radio and found the exact song you were singing playing on the radio at the same spot. You were tuned into that frequency before you turned on the radio. You unconsiuosly programmed that bandwidth into yourself because your radio is preset to that station and you listen to that particular frequency a lot.

Ghosts would be no different. Their frequencies would be unique because of their energies. If you had a scanner that could decode the signals at the super high frequencies that energy operates in, you would probaly be amazed at all the chatter going on.

don't get me wrong I am still a fence sitter and this is mostly speculation on my part, but from the way I see the world and the universe this is how I see it would have to happen. I hope I haven't bored or lost you.

#24 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

Stupid fence.....now I've got a splinter...ow.....

#25 The White Knight

The White Knight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

No boredome here, Evad... I'm actually mildly afraid that I understood most of it... I can't really argue with any of it... but I can say that I didn't mean that ghosts HAVE to behave differently, it's just possible that they've got rules we don't yet understand or know about, that's all.

I can help with the splinters, Grim! *holds up tweezers and grins evilly*

#26 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:28 AM

Well guys I'm pretyy simple minded. I think we will discover in finer details how things work, but I think we probably aren't going to find any new discoveries that can't fit into current thinking.

Yes we may find worm holes or be able to stretch the fabric of space, but all those can exist with our current science. So can god, so can ghosts, so can the big small theory. I believe we will refine our science to take advatage of new discoveries, but the bottom line in my mind is it is all about energy. We arejust now accepting atoms are made up of smaller particles, which we will find out are made up of even smaller stuff.

Guess I'm leaning way off the fence on this one. The energy theory that is. I'm still upthere about ghosts and paranormal. Grim how in the heck can you get a splinter off a concrete fence? Now where did I put that umbrella for my rum drink?

#27 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

:headbang: I have to concur with Bobnoxious that the ten percent theory is a myth. Brain resonance imaging has put us light years ahead of where we were twenty-five years ago in the field of brain research. We actually use 100 percent of our brain's capacity. Now, whether or not we use it to make appropriate choices and wise decisions is a separate issue. However, I have to compliment The White Knight for striking out on the road to seeking to explain the unexplained. Nevertheless, beware! That road is full of skeptics! Only tangible, physical, hard evidence will satisfy them; and then only as defined by the laws of physics. Their minds are closed to the possibility that the spiritual really does exist and may not be subject to what we perceive to be scientific laws. Ah well, I fell off the fence a few years back...more like got blown off it.

Edited by boris, 10 February 2006 - 03:37 AM.

"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#28 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

This thread has been very informative and intellectual, which I think is excellent. We have tried to look at many possibilities and have respected each others views throughout. It's nice when discussions don't turn into "Ghosts exists!", "No they don't!", "Yes they do!", "No they don't!" which is a good thing. We won't get anywhere that way.

Concrete fence?! Then where did this splinter come from? Maybe someone left it up here. :ghost:

#29 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

I think it is my umbrella from my rum drink. Can I have it back? Maybe there is ghost up here on the fence playing tricks on us?

Ghosts exist-no they don't, they do-do not. Sorry was just talking to myself.

I would think there has to be more than one form of manifestation. I still have to think of them as energy or I can't justify them at all. You would have stronger gosts, weaker ghosts and lots of ghosts in between.

Just my thought for the day.

#30 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:20 PM

If there is such a thing as a "soul", do you think ghosts are a manifestation of it? Similar to how gravity is the manifestation of space and time? ;)

There's a part of me that is telling me that this is a stupid question........ :) :ghost:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users