Possibly a new theory?

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#31 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

Ok, we die, spirit leaves body. Where does it go?

Lots of answers, theories etc.

It is possible it justs get grounded out to the earth and ceases to be a seperate entity. It is just as possible that it continues in energy form as a seperate entity. We probably will find out the facts when it is our time to make the trip. Unitl then speculating is a lot of fun.

I prefer to think we join a collective consious, we float around in our little orbs laughing at all the silly humans trying to figure out if there is an afterlife.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#32 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

;) That does seem to make a lot of sense. :ghost:

#33 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

I like this theory, everything is possible. lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#34 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,390 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

Hello White Light, this discussion has really caught my fascination, but I wasn't in a position to gather my thoughts so that I could post - up untill now.

I have always believed that IT IS ALL IN OUR MIND. What I mean to convey is that, without our brain/mind functioning is a specific manner, getting connected to the other realms is impossible. I do not want to get into what ghosts are, etc etc, but I do however believe that human mind is an energy store, and it DO CREATE events. Talking about "ghosts" the encounter that we have with them also depends on what kind of paranormal (ghostly) activity is taking place.
Posted Image

#35 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

This may explain some of the cases where only one person has an experience, while they are with other people, in a single room or outside location. :lol:
Moon, are you sort of referring to how there are radio waves all around us but we can only pick them up with the use of a radio? Are we the radio, or only certain people are? If so, that is a good theory. One I have not thought about before.

#36 The White Knight

The White Knight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

Well, what I think is most likely is that when we die... we die. That's it. Paradise and damnation just don't seem to make any kind of logical sense to me, and neither does the idea of a separate 'spirit' or 'soul'. I'm just sticking with the basic idea of energy, imprints, and the like, similar to what Evad has been saying this entire time. Also, perhaps some people are tuned into different frequencies than others. Just because the human brain is essentially a computer, doesn't necessarily mean we all run on the sam OS.

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,390 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Well, Grim, I would say, since human brain is such a wonder jelly, I would assume the "10%" theory would practically be right (logically not). With such a vast amount of circuits and networks, it is quite possible that majority of the nerve routes are unused. So, perhaps for some people, at some point of time, some of these might be active. I have heard numerous accounts of people having some kind of psychic ability when met with an accident or struck by lightning etc etc, so it could be possible that certain circuits are activaed in such instances.

I also believe that visualization, meditation and such practices actually helps to activate unused circuits.

I also may have to agree with WhiteKnight's opinion that we may be working on diffferent OS's. Perhaps where the spiritual explanation of Karma and other issues comes into play.
Posted Image

#38 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:14 AM

Well, what I think is most likely is that when we die... we die. That's it. Paradise and damnation just don't seem to make any kind of logical sense to me, and neither does the idea of a separate 'spirit' or 'soul'. I'm just sticking with the basic idea of energy, imprints, and the like, similar to what Evad has been saying this entire time. Also, perhaps some people are tuned into different frequencies than others. Just because the human brain is essentially a computer, doesn't necessarily mean we all run on the sam OS.

I agree that Heaven and Hell do seem to be quite fantastical. However, the reason I believe that ghosts are more than just an "imprint", stamped into spacetime, is the intelligence. This is the reason I believe ghosts are also more than just your average charge of energy. Ghosts are known to act in a humanly intelligent manner. Not only interacting, but often displaying evidence of an emotional ability (ie. anger).
I really don't believe that energy, as we know it, could act in this manner.

#39 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

I like the analogies I've been reading. Different OS, different radios. These make it easiear to see your points of view. Do yo remember when all we had was AM radios and then FM came out. Our AM radios wouldn't pick up the FM signals. But the few people who could afford a new radio could.

I agree with Moon on a very critical point. The more we exercise our minds, reguardless of how much we are using, the more it can do. We can build up our biceps, build a six pack, and expand our minds.

From what I've read about accidents causing people to use more of their minds, the way I understand it is the brain tries to restore lost connections or damage by rerouting the signal or making another part of the brain take over for the damaged part.

So this would mean people who have had an accident prior to obtaining supernatural powers are using a previuosly untapped portion of the brain, or they got their wires crossed and are halucinating. lol

I tend to believe there are people with higher degrees of "sixth" sense than I have. My thinking is that they exercised this part of the mind more than I have.

I know more about the intricate working of jet engines than most people on this board, why? I've been tearing them apart and rebuilding them for over thirty years, I've been studying them, working with them, troubleshooting them. On the other hand I have not been studying paranormal stuff seriously until a few months ago. So I'm still pretty ignorant in that subject.

Before we go off on a different line of thought ignorance does not mean stupid. It just means I have little knowledge of it, but if I choose to I can learn more. So far I've opted to choose to learn more.lol

#40 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:53 AM

:ghost: I think many of the GVers in this thread would be interested in a book I've been reading. It just came out toward the end of 2005. It features whole chapters on victorian/spiritualist era attempts to weigh the soul, operating on the theory that if a soul exists it would take up space and, therefore, must have a mass. The book is written by a skeptic and is hilarious as well as enlightening. As a believer in the spiritual realm even I find it refreshing. It's called "Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife" and is written by Mary Roach. She also wrote a book called "Stiff". I still have to check that one out. I picked it up at Borders Books in the Science section. It wasn't in the Metaphysical section. It would probably fit both. It has a dark cover with silver and red lettering and a picuture of someone's feet in a blur at the top of the cover. :redbounce:
"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#41 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:30 AM

Naw, we don't want any real proof we just want to keep specultaing. lol

Just kidding. I have not read this book, I finding time hard to find between my three careers and family and GV. I don't know when I'd have time to sit down and enjoy a good read. Perhaps you can fill us in on the good parts.

#42 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:24 AM

I'm quite the slacker and have loads of time to read. :ghost:
Thanks for the book title. I'll be sure to look for it. :redbounce:

#43 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:18 AM

Something I noticed White Night say, He said I think it is just energy imprints. I did not mean to imply that, I am very open minded, imprints would explain some ghost sightings but not all. As has been well documented people have interactive ghost sightings. They actually talk to the ghosts. I brought up the possibilites of dreams as one plausible explanation but trust me it is only speculation on my part.

I am pretty much off the fence in the energy feild. Energy can be proven to exist or at least we can't prove it doesn't exist. Energy as I understand it is a combination of waves and matter. Anything with matter is subject to the laws of nature and physics.

"If" ghosts exist they would be subject to the same laws we would be. Translating this into simple terms is there is limits on what ghosts and us can or cannot do.

In my mind energy is the basis for everything. I do think we misunderstand the basic concept of energy though. Energy is not produced or used up, it is merely transformed from one form to another. It can be collected to light up lights or diffused. It powers our thoughts, it is the force which gives us life and in death it would be the force which keeps our spirits alive. If we continue to have a spirit after death.

#44 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:11 AM

Something I noticed White Night say, He said I think it is just energy imprints. I did not mean to imply that, I am very open minded, imprints would explain some ghost sightings but not all. As has been well documented people have interactive ghost sightings. They actually talk to the ghosts. I brought up the possibilites of dreams as one plausible explanation but trust me it is only speculation on my part.

I am pretty much off the fence in the energy feild. Energy can be proven to exist or at least we can't prove it doesn't exist. Energy as I understand it is a combination of waves and matter. Anything with matter is subject to the laws of nature and physics.

"If" ghosts exist they would be subject to the same laws we would be. Translating this into simple terms is there is limits on what ghosts and us can or cannot do.

In my mind energy is the basis for everything. I do think we misunderstand the basic concept of energy though. Energy is not produced or used up, it is merely transformed from one form to another. It can be collected to light up lights or diffused. It powers our thoughts, it is the force which gives us life and in death it would be the force which keeps our spirits alive. If we continue to have a spirit after death.

These are excellent points, Evad. We've all talked about a lot of possibilities in this thread so far, but I think we can all agree, that whatever ghosts are, they are indeed some form of energy. Should I be speaking for myself here, or is everyone on the same page in regards to this idea? :ghost:

#45 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

I'm on the energy page and my book is open on the ghost page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users