• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 The Ghost Lady

The Ghost Lady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

I wouldn't think the happiest place on earth could be haunted, could it?

That Haunted Mansion though, remains my favorite every time I go. :Spaz:

-The Ghost Lady Whirly Dude
Posted Image

#2 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:04 AM

Hi Ghostlady, I was reading your post and decided to Google the question and low and behold guess what? The happiest place on earth actually does have a few resident Ghost's, here are some of the reported sightings :

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they have had one themselves.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car & a boy run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Of course now I can't stop singing IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL...lol :weeee:

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

I have heard that the mansion was haunted. I would like to find out first hand though.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 The Ghost Lady

The Ghost Lady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

Hi Ghostlady, I was reading your post and decided to Google the question and low and behold guess what? The happiest place on earth actually does have a few resident Ghost's, here are some of the reported sightings :

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they have had one themselves.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car & a boy run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Of course now I can't stop singing IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL...lol :Spaz:

ROFLMAO! Now you've got ME singing that incessant but happy tune! :weeee:

Thanks for the info. LOL! Wow....who'd of thought WDW was haunted?! Of course now I'll have to get all of my photos out and look them over for anything "strange" ... and that's a huge job...I'm a nut when it comes to taking pictures. I have literally thousands of pictures from my visits there. We're planning to go back this May and/or October and I thought it might be fun to see if there's any ghosts around. Bummer is, I think the Pirates ride is gonna be closed for refurbishment for a while this year. I guess if any place there was haunted, that might be one of them. I bet Disney Land has ever more ghost stories. I wonder if there's books out about Disney ghosts of if they keep that quiet? I'll have to go in search of later.

-The Ghost Lady :lol:
Posted Image

#5 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

Hiya, now you've got my curiousity peeked and I'm searching to find out if there is a book with detail's on the haunting's. Reportedly the mansion is really haunted Kats-God I found this article relating a story about it:

Disney's Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista - Haunted Mansion - Hundreds of people visit the Haunted Mansion in Disneyworld every day. In fact, it holds a record for being the most visited Dark ride and Disney Imagineers worked hard using old magician tricks to create these illusions. What they may not have known was that there are now several real ghosts haunting the place.
In the early 1950s Walt Disney and one of his top Imagineers Ken Anderson began working on the idea of a walk through haunted house. The inspiration came from a Disney cartoon about the Headless Horseman. The visitor was to enter a New England style house and follow the story through the attraction until it reached a climax in a graveyard scene.
Anyone who has visited the attraction knows that ideas changed and Disney and Anderson developed a New Orleans style house that the visitor rides through on a "Doombuggy". It does, however, retain the graveyard scene form the original plans.
Construction of the building was put on hold in 1962, but halted in 1966 when Walt Disney died. The designers were in a quandary as Walt had not finished the planning. For a few years the public could see the frame of the building poking over the construction fence. Urban legends surfaced about how the ride was being re-designed because it was so scary that it supposedly caused a man to have a heart attack. The attraction finially opened in 1969.
While the building was built on property that had no previous construction on it, it did manage to attract someone who had died nearby. In the 1940s a man who had been piloting a small plane crashed in a lake near where the park was to be built later. His ghost has settled into the Haunted Mansion. Referred to by Cast Members (employees) as "the man with the cane" he is often seen late at night, especially after closing.
"The man in a tuxedo" is another spirit, though no one really knows who he is. One day an employee was working in the area where passengers disembark. There is a mirror there, so the attendant can see when the riders come up behind her. She kept seeing a shadow in the mirror, and when she turned around no one was there. The figure seemed to be wearing a tuxedo. Then, she felt a chill and a hand placed on her shoulder. Of course, she turned to find no one there. The woman ran out of the Haunted Mansion and soon quit her job.
There is a legend concerning a woman who wanted to scatter her young son's ashes inside the Haunted Mansion, but was forbidden by Disney officials. She snuck the ashes inside and covertly scattered them. Apparently, this was NOT her son's last wish as since she did that people have sometimes seen the apparition of a crying boy sitting near the exit.
Though there have been many stories circulated, only one person ever actually died in the Haunted Mansion. Each year Disneyworld sponsors "Grad Night", which is for high school seniors. Two teenage boys were riding along in a Doombuggy when one of them decided that he wanted to see the room called "Séance Circle" up close.
The young man stepped out on to the black painted walkway that was next to the tracks. What he did not realize was that there was a gap between the walkway and the platform on which the display sat. He stepped off the walkway and plunged fifteen feet to the floor, breaking his neck. "Séance Circle" has been odd since the beginning. A sound designer was setting up equipment in the area before the attraction was open to the public. He kept hearing music coming from behind one of the new walls. He surmised that a radio had been walled up accidentally. After several days the music had never ended and no radio announcer ever came on. The man could never find the source of the sound, so he arranged for a speaker to go in the area and drown it out.
There have been many legends associated with the Haunted Mansion. If you ever visit, keep your eyes open. You may just spot a real ghost!

Oh and alittle trivia for those of us that love The Haunted Mansion, did you know that there are 654 Ghosts/Posessed Item's lurking about inside the attraction.

This is definitely going on my list of Haunt's to visit in the future! :wave:

P.S. As for Disney Land? I'm not sure about haunting's there, I'll see what I can find and pass it along

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#6 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:16 AM

He he he!
Well, my daughter says Disneyland here in CA, is haunted. The Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion. She says they are just folks that have passed away there at the park and love those 2 rides areas the most. She goes there a lot, has seen them many times (her gift helps). There are a few to speak of she says. I guess the kid in all of us can live on ...lol!
:wave:
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#7 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:06 AM

I'm sure many of you have probably been to this site, Shadowlands. They list several areas in Disneyland that are haunted. The ghost of Walt Disney himself is believed to walk the gallery above Pirates of The Carribean. The House of Blues in the Downtown Disney section is also believed to be haunted.
Posted Image

#8 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

There are 2 books called Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales by Dave Koenig. In Mouse Tales he recalls the many deaths that have happened at Disneyland. The 1st being on the Matterhorn in 64. Next a boy was ripped to pieces when walking along the Monorail track on Grad Nite. Then on the People Mover, a teen was pulled under and his head was split in two. They had to dismantle the car to get his body out. This happened to another boy years later. Two different boys drowned in the lake around Tom Sawyers' island. A castmember was crushed to death on her first day in the Carousel of Progress in 74. Another woman was thrown on the Matterhorn. A little girl was run over in the parking lot. Several years ago, a man was killed when struck in the head with a piece of dock on the sailing ship Columbia. Then 2 years ago a man died on Big Thunder Mountain. And these are just the accidents. Many many more deaths have occured by natural causes. I'm sure there is bound to be a ghost story there.

In More Mouse Tales he talks about how even though no one has ever died in the Haunted Mansion, yet there are things that happen that cannot be explained. People have heard the sound of Madame Leota (the floating gypsy head in the crystal ball) call their name. Also, taps on their a cast members shoulder when no one is around.

The funny thing is that the last post is said to be about the Haunted Mansion in WDW. Well, that info if false because of the dates. The dates they refer to are the dates that the HM opened in Disneyland not Disneyworld. Disneyworld didn't even open until Oct of 71. The rumor of the woman and her sons ashes are from Disneyland not Disneyworld. And although there is no record of that happening the story I've heard is that they just see a boy riding the cars. Sometimes the story is set in Haunted Mansion and sometimes set in Pirates. Personally, I'd rather haunt Pirates!

What we need to get is people who have worked at DL and WDW and see if they've seen anything. Being a huge Disney fan and visiting both places numerous times (my next happens to be next weekend) I have yet to see and document anything strange and God knows I've tried. Probably the only way you can experience any ghostly goings on is to be there after hours when everything is shut down. I bet that is truly creepy.
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#9 mandoalba

mandoalba

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

i never heard any thing about disneyland like this before, all i heard about was the possessed items

#10 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

possessed items?
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#11 mandoalba

mandoalba

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

yeah i forgot what they were though

#12 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Oh my! :clap: No wonder why when I even get near these Rides, that ALL of my Senses Trip and I freak out! :wow: :(
I am "sensitive" enough as it is! :clap:

#13 Catravel67

Catravel67

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

I have read the recent encounter the photo from Disneyland in Anaheim, CA in September 2007 showed the man in the water. I have researched could be either two young guys who have drowned in that area. The photo did not say exactly where this picture taken.

First was back in 1973, Bodgen de Laurot 18 years old who was drowned during 10am at night at Disneyland at Sinister Island at Swiss Family Robinson arena.

Second back in 1983, Phil Straughan 18 years old who was drowned at the same area.

There are more deaths at the Disneyland. Rollercoasters, murders on the ground, drowned, and etc. You can imagine why there are ghosts will be around there for long time. It will be not a pretty sight there especially for young kids are around.

Check this website or research more Disneyland history news.

http://tafkac.org/de...ney_deaths.html

Good luck-

#14 Bean

Bean

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

I leave for Disney Tuesday this is gonna be fun now.

#15 sponpi999

sponpi999

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Hiya, now you've got my curiousity peeked and I'm searching to find out if there is a book with detail's on the haunting's. Reportedly the mansion is really haunted Kats-God I found this article relating a story about it:

Disney's Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista - Haunted Mansion - Hundreds of people visit the Haunted Mansion in Disneyworld every day. In fact, it holds a record for being the most visited Dark ride and Disney Imagineers worked hard using old magician tricks to create these illusions. What they may not have known was that there are now several real ghosts haunting the place.
In the early 1950s Walt Disney and one of his top Imagineers Ken Anderson began working on the idea of a walk through haunted house. The inspiration came from a Disney cartoon about the Headless Horseman. The visitor was to enter a New England style house and follow the story through the attraction until it reached a climax in a graveyard scene.
Anyone who has visited the attraction knows that ideas changed and Disney and Anderson developed a New Orleans style house that the visitor rides through on a "Doombuggy". It does, however, retain the graveyard scene form the original plans.
Construction of the building was put on hold in 1962, but halted in 1966 when Walt Disney died. The designers were in a quandary as Walt had not finished the planning. For a few years the public could see the frame of the building poking over the construction fence. Urban legends surfaced about how the ride was being re-designed because it was so scary that it supposedly caused a man to have a heart attack. The attraction finially opened in 1969.
While the building was built on property that had no previous construction on it, it did manage to attract someone who had died nearby. In the 1940s a man who had been piloting a small plane crashed in a lake near where the park was to be built later. His ghost has settled into the Haunted Mansion. Referred to by Cast Members (employees) as "the man with the cane" he is often seen late at night, especially after closing.
"The man in a tuxedo" is another spirit, though no one really knows who he is. One day an employee was working in the area where passengers disembark. There is a mirror there, so the attendant can see when the riders come up behind her. She kept seeing a shadow in the mirror, and when she turned around no one was there. The figure seemed to be wearing a tuxedo. Then, she felt a chill and a hand placed on her shoulder. Of course, she turned to find no one there. The woman ran out of the Haunted Mansion and soon quit her job.
There is a legend concerning a woman who wanted to scatter her young son's ashes inside the Haunted Mansion, but was forbidden by Disney officials. She snuck the ashes inside and covertly scattered them. Apparently, this was NOT her son's last wish as since she did that people have sometimes seen the apparition of a crying boy sitting near the exit.
Though there have been many stories circulated, only one person ever actually died in the Haunted Mansion. Each year Disneyworld sponsors "Grad Night", which is for high school seniors. Two teenage boys were riding along in a Doombuggy when one of them decided that he wanted to see the room called "Séance Circle" up close.
The young man stepped out on to the black painted walkway that was next to the tracks. What he did not realize was that there was a gap between the walkway and the platform on which the display sat. He stepped off the walkway and plunged fifteen feet to the floor, breaking his neck. "Séance Circle" has been odd since the beginning. A sound designer was setting up equipment in the area before the attraction was open to the public. He kept hearing music coming from behind one of the new walls. He surmised that a radio had been walled up accidentally. After several days the music had never ended and no radio announcer ever came on. The man could never find the source of the sound, so he arranged for a speaker to go in the area and drown it out.
There have been many legends associated with the Haunted Mansion. If you ever visit, keep your eyes open. You may just spot a real ghost!

Oh and alittle trivia for those of us that love The Haunted Mansion, did you know that there are 654 Ghosts/Posessed Item's lurking about inside the attraction.

This is definitely going on my list of Haunt's to visit in the future! :vampire:

P.S. As for Disney Land? I'm not sure about haunting's there, I'll see what I can find and pass it along

Oh my god your right!

when i was on the haunted mansion about 3 weeks ago i think its haunted too because the doombuggys all froze a couple times and all the things kept going it was creepy and it was at night!

sponpi999 ;) :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users