• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi -The Ghost Lady ,

For many years my family and I have had annual passes to WDW. We make monthly trips there and usually stay on property for a day or two. I have logged over 1,500 trips there since the day of opening in Oct of 1971. (One of the previous bloggers dates are off, It was all mostly wetlands until construction drained the water into the lakes they dug. but her other information is correct). I lived in the area at the time of construction of the Magic Kingdom. I just got back from Nam the day they opened. I lived there until they started to clear ground for EPCOT.
My seven year old daughter has to make at least one trip through Pirates to say hello to George. We all say Hi as we pass the tower he fell from and resides in. George has graced us with over 7 air cannon blasts, which happen to one bench only and in one in a thousand boat trips. The air cannon is just after the "drop" in between the galleon and the fort. As you round the fort just above the "well dunking scene" you will see the back side of the tower. If you see light through the doorway George is there and opened the door. It is suppose to remain shut. As you pass through the burning village look at the other side of the tower, that is the other door that is to remain shut also. Sometimes you can see a figure silhouetted in the light. As you pass through the Jail scene there is a door right after the dog with the keys. If George opens this door the ride will break down. George's wife, since the ride opened, on the anniversary of his fall is given a private boat by Disney officials to visit her husband.
A couple of cast members have informed us Linda, a cast member who worked at the ride for many years passed away. She has joined George in the ride.
I have many other experiences, I will share on a later date.

#17 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi Wayne and welcome to the Village btw.
I heard that Haunted Mansion (I don't if it's the one in Disneyworld or Disneyland). It seems that a construction worker died while they building it. I don't know it its true or not and I'm sure many here in the Village can confirm or debunk me.
Great post btw. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading in the future about your experiences.

#18 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

In October of 2008 my mother passed away. She loved the Magic Kingdom and as soon as any of her grandchildren became a manageable age she brought them there. One of her last wishes were for her ashes to be spread there. Knowing the "Official" view of Disney. They were spread without their knowledge. In A Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, in the moat around the castle. By Space Mountain, Main Street and just about anywhere where there was a suitable spot. Say Hello to Gert when riding those rides. I didn't spread them, but I know for a fact they were placed where I said. After all, she is my mother.

George, his last name eludes me now, is the construction worker. his widow until her death, once a year got a private boat to ride through the ride around the anniversary of his demise. According to cast members she didn't miss a year. Linda a Cast Member who worked there for years and loved the ride, died in 2000 from cancer. She is also said by cast members to reside there.

A cast member discretely told me of the woman and her sons ashes. According to her, that story is true and the boy does cry at the exit of the ride. This story was the inspiration of my mothers idea of her ashes. One cast member briefly told us of the man with the cane. Their boss came by so they cut the story off. We didn't see them when we returned later, to get the rest of the story.

We have been there so many times we are well known by many cast members. We spend a lot of time talking with them and some have become good friends. :) Because we take the time to talk to them like people and not just a part of the scenery. They confide in us and tell us stories that they wouldn't tell the general public.

There is also a woman in white that has been spotted wandering in front of the castle. Thats as much as I know of her.

Thanks for the Welcome axfoley

#19 801

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

I am going to Florida in March to visit the in-laws and then again in October. I will have to look for George and say hello to Gert. Thanks for the tips!
Posted ImageIs that you John Wayne? Is that me? No, I've been smoked by AnnieV!

#20 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

Wow Wayne, thanks for the additional info! After reading that, wouldn't it be cool if Disney had haunted tours? It'll never happen yeah I know.

#21 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Wow Wayne, thanks for the additional info! After reading that, wouldn't it be cool if Disney had haunted tours? It'll never happen yeah I know.

#22 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Thanks, you brought tears to me. Mom and I were real close. I was her caregiver for the last 18 months of her life, After a stroke left her paralyzed. She is all over the park, Please say hello she was a wonderful woman.
axlfoley
I wish they would compile a list of possible hauntings and let you go on your own tour. Yes, you are right they wouldn't even do that but a backlot haunted tour would be GREAT.

#23 janos

janos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

The George story at Pirates is total bunk. I work with a former attractions manager that was there 25-30 years ago. He had never heard the story, but said they often made up tales to freak out the new hires.

The Haunted Mansion story is also false. You cannot leave the Doombuggy and step into the void. There has always been a wall around the edge of the ride track that prevents you from getting over to the seance scene. Around the center platform is a net to catch anything that falls, ie. sunglasses, mickey dolls. But the only way to access the platform is from underneath via a ladder. I know, I have done it :)

However, Another friend was a manager at the France Pavillion in EPCOT. He told me the story of a mysterious guest on the movie theatre. This figure would only appear long after the building had been closed. Most people that encounter it, thought it was a lingering guest and would ask it to leave, when they turned around, it was gone.

I personally had experiences in the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island. When I would be in the Library alone, I would catch a glimpse of a figure dressed in white on the balcony over the organ. If I turned to get a better look, I was alone.

#24 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

Janos,
Having logged more hours at WDW than even a long time employee. I have information not of the scared child nature. There isn't an inch of the park I Havn't been. I have even smoked a cigarette on one of the top branches of The Swiss Family Treehouse, not on the designated path.
In 1971 I was a teenager living in Lakeland. Most of my highschool friends went to work st the park. I would get in for free (had no E tickets) and spend most of my time hanging out there watching girls and parents yelling (I've spent 45 minutes in this ^%& line and now you don't even want to ride this %^&* ride) SMACK~! We would even time how long it took for a cigarette butt flicked on the ground to get picked up, by the way it was just under 90 seconds.
I did this on my off days and there were a lot. I was and am a musician, we have a lot of down time. Sometimes for months at a time I'd spend every day at Magic Kingdom from opening to close.

Yes the Haunted Mansion story is false. At least at WDW. The story originated at Disneyland any way. I've never been there, wouldn't know.

But the Pirates, George did fall there. His widow until her death got into the park for free and rode in her own boat on the anniversary of (or about) Geroges accident. I have seen his widow and wondered why that lady with the flowers was getting her own boat. The managemant are instructed to deny any stories of the incident or any facts there of. This policy is Disney Corp. wide not only in WDW. Any story that isn't Imagineer created is"officially" discouraged.

Personally, I have never seen a ghost. I lived in a "haunted house" for over 10 years. Friends and family were frequently driven from the house screaming, some wouldn't return. I never had a anything happen to me. Besides a faucett turn on and a disembodied conversation between two women, after tracking it down was coming from an interor wall. Strange but far from scary.
Wayne

#25 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for updating this thread. Extremely cool posts guys! I wish I could hang out there all day as well Wayne lol.

#26 Wayne Ronan

Wayne Ronan

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

After Nam it was great therapy. I still was still only a teenager and needed the distraction.

#27 janos

janos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

No offense but I am a longtime CM and even Dave Koenig, author of the Mousetales books couldn't find any reference to a George, working on or killed at POTC. But that really doesn't mean anything. Ghosts appear when they BAD_WORD well want to. I have had late nights all over MK and the other sites and would love to have met up with George, or Walt. You probably have already seen this over at 2719 Hyperion.

http://www.2719hyper...host-story.html

And I am well aware of how the Company tries to hide things, like a recent suicide that will never make the news. Hopefully, if you end up booking that resort room, you won't be disturbed :Wall:
In the early days of the Adv. Club on PI, a guest allegedly fell to his death over the main staircase balcony. To here the story he hit with a loud crunch and thud and there was blood everywhere, but no one ever saw a resort about it. Maybe he was the figure I and several others saw in the Library ?

There are so many uncollected stories around the Mouse, some may see the light of day, others probably never will. And don't get me started with others myths like Johnny Weismuller's penis and the "Blue Room" behind the HM attic :(

Cheers Wayne !

#28 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:31 AM

I am a former cast member and long time guest since I live in Kissimmee. I can honestly say I have never experienced anything paranormal at Disneyworld or DisneyLand (was just there a few weeks ago). But now that I am aware, I will look more closely.Thanks to everyone for their interesting stories! The park is a madhouse right now with Easter and spring break, so in a couple weeks I may venture out there and check some of this out!

#29 FarFromGone

FarFromGone

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

You'd think both the parks would be haunted. It is the Happiest Place On Earth. I'd like to haunt there when I die. Plus, there's been a lot of traumatic deaths and a few suicides that I've heard of that happened in both parks.
I'll definitely keep an eye out next time I'm at Disneyland for some ghosts.
"if at first you don't suceed then skydiving is surely not for you"

#30 Guest_bethoc_*

Guest_bethoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Hello eveyone, I'm a sensitive named Bethoc and I am also a former Cast Member. I worked at the Splash Mountain Attraction Summer '95. I felt George in pirates but never saw him. I didn't have any experiences in Haunted Mansion or anywhere else but, one evening during the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, I saw Roy! I swear I did! He looked a tiny bit like Walt and His energy felt like Walt but my psychic ability told me that it wasn't Walt but his brother Roy. Later I looked up a picture of Roy in his latter years before He died and THATS who I saw that evening. He had the broadest most proud smile on his face. His expression was one of absolute glee. I could feel how special Walt Disney World was to him and how honored he felt to be a part of Walt's vision. I don't know how or why I experienced this, I wasn't even thinking of him at the time. All I know is that one minute I was looking up at the sky and then I felt something different around me. I looked right across from me as the last sparks were going up and there was a man standing there beaming! No words were exchanged between us but I was almost drawn-in by his emotional connection to this magical place. No one I've ever heard of has seen him there around the bridge by Splash Mountain so I can't confirm if anyone else has ever experienced this but I remember it like it was yesterday and will never forget how proud he was to have been a part of the Magic of Walt Disney's legacy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users