Monson State Almhouse

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

There are signs that say Camera Monitoring of the sight but according to her, that is not true. They were put there to keep trespassers away, but in fact are not in use.

Whether the cameras are in use or not (or even there at all) should not be an issue. There was obviously a concern about tresspassing. This should be a reminder to all of us that permission should be obtained before entering any property or building, even those that are abandoned.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#17 Anne2550

Anne2550

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

The buildings at Monson are still in use, as the Monson Developmental Center. The local police WILL cite you for trespassing if you go onto the lands where the old buildings are. The buildings that are still in use are creepy in themselves. If you are on the grounds of the MDC you WILL be questioned as to your reasons for being there.

#18 neenwatson

neenwatson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Went up to MSH last thursday(june 7,2012). We walked through woods because of camera signs but then realized there was no electricity or cameras pretty much ANYWHERE on the property. Explored for over 2 hours in broad daylight and no one bothered us. Got some fantastic pictures and some unexplainable ones. Went in the childrens buildings across the street from the still open developmental center. The 3 brick buildings are pretty dangerous and if anyone goes i recommend bringing masks(lots of dust and possible asbestos and lead paint and mold). Very creepy feeling, lots of noises. Went to the houses also. there are 4 or 5 of them all together. Lots of baby toys and cribs left behind. One had a hole cut out in perfect circle in the floor to the basement and in the basement a mattress and chains. Seriously creeped me out since I have heard stories about some little boys being chained in basement and dying there. Overall creep factor is a 10. The WHOLE place will be shut down in 2013....so will be fun to go back when all buildings across the street are also empty. Also went to the cemetery. lots of kids buried there. really sad.If anyone wants to see pictures email me and i will send. Neenwatson@hotmail.com .

#19 seige

seige

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

The place is very creepy. I have been in 2 recently closed buildings (legit access) there is a presence felt when in the buildings. I would love to explore the older closed buildings across the road. I have heard there is a tunnel network throughout the campus where steam, water and other piping connects the building. I would love to be able to explore the tunnels and all the buildings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users