Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Any thoughts on Derek Acorah's new show???

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

I saw the previews of his new show "Haunted Towns" I believe is what it is called. I'm looking forward to it. How bout ya'll???? :wow: :Spaz: :Spaz: :Spaz:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#2 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:33 AM

I think it was Ghost Towns. From the promos it looks just like Most Haunted. Be yeah, I'll watch it. I always watch the ghost shows, over anything else, unles the History Channel has a Civil War show on at the same time. Then there is some conflict going on.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#3 Ghosthunters18

Ghosthunters18

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much I like to hang in paranormal websites...watch movies...go on ghosthunts...been doing tha paranormal thang for now like a year and 9 months...that's our team in the photo above...I'm tha guy in tha red shirt!!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

I'm gonna check it out...hope they include more of the investigating side...MORE EQUIPMENT!!

Posted Image

#4 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can hardly type.....

:) :lol:

#5 Bill1358

Bill1358

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

:lol: I will give it a looksee. The show can't be any worse that MH!!! I have so much time on my hands anyhow I might as well see if this is as funny as MH. :lol:

I'm gonna check it out...hope they include more of the investigating side...MORE EQUIPMENT!!

Posted Image

It has got to have at least a bit of equipment. They've got DEREK and we all know he's a TOOL. LOL

#6 HighwayFlower

HighwayFlower

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

I am going to watch. I am not sure if I will be able to handle him though. I think he is somewhat amusing on MH, but a whole show of him might just be too much!!!

#7 victorianghost

victorianghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I'm watching. It has to fun if DA is involved in it even if it just a laugh. It's still fun.
Whirly Dude :Wall: :redbounce: :greenbounce:
:(

Edited by victorianghost, 23 February 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#8 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

Well, I watched it & I enjoyed it.....something new instead of reruns! We'll see how it goes.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#9 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:06 AM

What channel and what time?
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#10 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:12 AM

In my humble opinion, loved the history and information on the UK. I do not know how I would feel if Derek showed up at my home to do a reading. How about a cuppa? However, I do not think that Derek is mean enough to ever reveal anything but positive affirmation.
Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#11 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

I fell asleep watching it, but I woke up in time to see the Reading. It's ok I guess. Ain't much better on Friday nights. (Travel Channel 10pm est, for heavenlee)

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 26 February 2006 - 08:49 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#12 advocate4

advocate4

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:29 AM

Certain elements of the show are entertaining. But just like Most Haunted, there are parts that seem to be added just for show. I'll probably watch it again simple due to the fact that you can't find many shows that deal with the paranormal.

#13 HighwayFlower

HighwayFlower

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

It was ok. I will watch it again.

#14 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

Please will someone explain to me Derek Acorah's shows? I have watched them and just can't get into them. It seems like a bunch of jittery people jumping around and screaming so much it's hard to hear or see anything but them, and then Derek standing there answering all these questions about the poor spirits who are there - which makes me wonder why he doesn't go in there alone with equipment.

On top of that, it is a little unnerving to continually seen green people with freaky huge pupils - I know it's because they film in the dark, but it looks more like an alien show than a ghost one.

I miss Ghost Hunters -- they seemed better at explaining what the heck they were doing and what the results actually were. Are they still on and I'm just not finding them? :)

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#15 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:57 PM

:) I haven't seen Derek's show, but from what I've read here, it sounds like "Most Haunted" 2.0!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users