Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Any thoughts on Derek Acorah's new show???

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 janandem

janandem

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:14 AM

I love Derek. He can have my babies. (I'm asking for it here, aren't I?). But the show (Ghost Towns) was a drag. It's based all on hearsay and there isn't enough actual investigation. I do like the part where he randomly stops in at someones home, but other than that I think I'll stick to Most Haunted. Most Haunted is far more excellent in my opinion.

EDIT: Up here in Nova Scotia, we don't get Ghost Hunters. I'm hearing good things about it as well, which is a total letdown that we don't get it.

Hi ensorcel,
I never thought I'd see someone on here that lived so close to me! I live in Halifax, by the Metro Centre.

I enjoy MH I just wish blondie would quit screaming.

I'm from Nova Scotia too Meaghers Grant out in the toolies lol wish we could get Ghost Hunters

#32 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hey!
Good to see another person from Nova Scotia here!
Welcome aboard!

:clap: :weeee:

#33 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

I don't like it too much. I think he should stay with Most Haunted.
Posted Image

#34 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

I'm gonna check it out...hope they include more of the investigating side...MORE EQUIPMENT!!

Posted Image

Derek doing his ''I Did it My Way'' song!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe he can do a tour of all the Holywood sites and do a 'crooners' taking me over show!

:wow: :clap: :P

#35 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

Derek aka or och Dr eek (play with some anagrams yourself)

Is the only man on tv that I know of that could hold a halloween party all by himself or should I say inside himself! Saves on drink!

It has been suggested that he has a team of researchers ahead of him relaying things back to him and picking out landmarks like things in front living room windows for him to spot easily.

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

#36 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

:Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#37 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Does it seem like he might actually have some geunine abilities, but does it up for television's sake? Or is he more like "High Spirits with Shirley Ghostman"? :Spaz:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#38 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

If he does possess true abilities, it's a shame they've been muddled about with all of the smoke and mirrors.

#39 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

I just can't get into his shows, and I usually watch anything that has to do with ghosts and hauntings.

That picture is hilarious!! :lol:

#40 sheba

sheba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

Is the only man on tv that I know of that could hold a halloween party all by himself or should I say inside himself! Saves on drink!

Funnnnny! Thanks for the smiles! :Spaz:

#41 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:27 AM

I still haven't gotten through an entire episode without falling asleep. The best par though is the other ghost shows that travel channel shows leading up to Most Haunted and Ghost Towns. I've pretty much decided that Derek is full of it. He may have the gift, but that falling down and crossing his arm stuff is all a show. IMO
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#42 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:20 AM

I hate to say this but I agree. He is too much of a showman now but he is still good looking LOL
Posted Image

#43 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

i watch all of the other shows before mh, and gt. i shouldn't be alive is on the discovery channel at 7, so i perfer to watch that over listin to those annoying squeals!! i only watch mh if nothing else is on. i perfer ghost hunters.
Love life.

#44 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

I saw an ad for the show while watching Most Haunted a week or two before they started airing it over here. I wasn't too particuarly drawn into it.

When I first started watching MH, I loved him. Then, of course, the article came out, and in watching repeats, I noticed that much of his info was sketchy (when they put the little note regarding what they were/were not able to find out). I also noticed that as time went on in MH, more and more the spirits he picked up were nasty, negative, associated with negative witchcraft (and as a Celtic Pagan and practicing witch this alone bugged the hell outta me), always someone murdered, stuff like that. While David Wells was far less dramatic and far more likely to pick up on ordinary people who for one reason or another were still around.

The ad for the show made me roll my eyes, and I still haven't watched it yet. I may one Friday night though, just to see. But I'm past tired of the stuff he comes up with and past tired of the constant 'possessions'. Do you HAVE to get possessed each and every time?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#45 sheba

sheba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

The ad for the show made me roll my eyes, and I still haven't watched it yet. I may one Friday night though, just to see. But I'm past tired of the stuff he comes up with and past tired of the constant 'possessions'. Do you HAVE to get possessed each and every time?

I agree! - I think that TV directors are themselves "possessed" by the assumption that shows involving the paranormal must play to the lowest common denominator. BTW, they may have already canned Derek Acorah's Haunted Towns show because last Friday they aired another MH in the time slot that Derek's new show would've aired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users