How to Communicate With the Dead

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#46 sirenofthedead

sirenofthedead

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

Pleased to meet you all, this is my first post...
Firstly, I don't want to give the impression that I am vastly experienced or fluent in the type of communication being discussed here. I'm not, though I have been drawn to the subject for as long as I can remember. I didn't have a solid, undeniable experience of my own until recent years (I'm almost 34 now) but having said that, my acceptance/belief has been lifelong... ie: I had never felt that I needed to "see" it to believe it prior to having an episode that I could point to without a shadow of a doubt. Since that first episode, there have been others but it isn't an everyday thing for me nor have I tried to make it so (partly because it would break my heart if I tried and failed).
I thought I'd share from one of my clearest experiences (and they haven't all been the same)... this particular time the souls I encountered included two people I had known seperately who had each, sadly, taken their own life some years ago. What did they look like? Well, if you can picture a colour photograph of a person but transparent. So the colours that make up the image are made of light but it's not blinding bright light, more of a radiance. And somehow, on that occasion, I felt as though, to be able to hear/follow what each was saying to me, I had to try super hard to focus on their mouth while focusing on the entire image/presence of the person at the same time. If my concentration wavered and I allowed the mouth to become less clear while looking at them, their words faded to an undertone that I was unable to distinguish. Almost as though the act of seeing them and the act of comprehending what they were saying to me were both part of a single focus.
I just read that back to myself and I sound like a stoner! lol but I'm not.
You can't spell, "slaughter", without laughter...

#47 Spiritminded

Spiritminded

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

My mother past away about 3yrs ago I thought she would come to me by now.Should I wait and see if she will or should I pursue contact

#48 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

My mother past away about 3yrs ago I thought she would come to me by now.Should I wait and see if she will or should I pursue contact

Hello and welcome to GV, Spiritminded. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That's a very personal choice and completely up to you, but I think sometimes it's less a matter of "pursuing" contact than of simply relaxing and allowing it to happen.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#49 APACHI

APACHI

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

I'm new having just bought Jeff Belanger's book called "The Ghost Files."

Because there was something in that book I needed to read about.

Anyways I could be sitting here at my pc and the voices just come through, they don't go into long conversations, they will say; how did that get there, or what is that?

I was sitting in my chair and someone wanted to see me on cam, and I said to my self that I am not attractive and I heard a voice said; you're gorgeous, so I said ty and that was it.

I bought a coffee and went to a secluded place to relax,before I got relaxed, I remember picking my cell phone up and opening it to the time and saying, what do you mean I have to sit here for 30 minutes?

I sat for a few minutes but not the whole 30 minutes because I left and nearly got into a head on with another vehicle. So if they say next time to stay, see what time it is before you prepare to sit and wait, then it's safe to go. It's a lesson learned, it was learned the hard way, but I will know better next time.

#50 A forbidden winter

A forbidden winter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I like to read, write, listen to music and I'm soon to be taking up playing the bass guitar.<br />I've always had an interest in the spiritual world but more so this year after some events.

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Hi I'm new to these boards and to the whole communicating with the dead.
A few months ago I went to a medium for help with my dreams (It ended up being my grandmother trying to communicate with me) she told me I have a ghost attached to me (not my grandmother). She didn't give me many details about him just that he knew me, he's 19 and that he had recently died in a car crash. After she told me this I was very very scared to being with but increasingly over this past month I have opened to the idea, I've always believed it's just a scary thought. Over the past month I have made connection as one might call them, I've been getting these bone chilling cold feelings they're nothing I've felt before even being in the snow and also voices in my head sometimes, at first I thought the voices were like my subconscious but I'm no longer convinced. Then just last week I was speaking with my step-sister about him and then she came back to me with the name James, then just last night I was speaking to my mother -not about this- and she mentioned one of my brother's old friends James who use to live with us, he would be about 19 now thought I'm not sure what happened to him but I am going to find out. But the most astounding thing was last weekend I think I saw him, now I say 'think' because I wasn't in the right state of mind (I was extremely drunk), he looked like all my other friends around me except the fact that his face was extremely pale, the pale you associate with the sick or dead.
Wow that's really long although I felt it needed to be explained, what I wanted to ask about was how do I make proper contact because at the moment I'm still a little hesitant though after reading the messages on here it makes me feel better. There's one this though, I do not trust ouija boards or the 'mirror' thing they always give me bad vibes, I'm just frustrated with not being able to help him with what he needs.

#51 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:59 PM

Forbidden winter---hello and welcome to GV. You should find lots of tips here. And you can certainly just meditate without the mirror to achieve contact if you feel more comfortable like that.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#52 Kathy L

Kathy L

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horse Camping,reading,Hunting ghost,making Native american items,Teaching living history to scouts.Training my Welsh onys and showing them.trying out as many of the equipment to see what works best for us.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

:) Hi all:
I am new here and wanted to jump in on this topic.
I started seeing the special people as i called them fro a very young age.My first special was not a person but a cat on our back pantry of a very old house.At this time we did not have running water or electricity and all the other stuff so we keep our fruits and vegies in a back cool pantry.I was not happy to go in there as i did not like the place.But one day i saw a cat and tried to pick it thinking it was one that we had around the place,i was about 4 or 5.But i could not pick it up.I told my mom and she did not believe me and from then on i have seen the speial people a lot.My mon did too but did nottalk about it much as did my grandmother on my dads side,she was Cherokee and I am Cherokee and Sinica from my parents so i understand the spirit world a little diffrently than some.I just set in a medicine ring and meditate,after a while my guides come and other spirit's come,animals and people and i get information from them and help in my life.I have seen my father and grandmother as well as other people i did not know.As well as many animals.Any way to do it is ok,as long as you do not wish to bring in any bad or evel spirts.Always protect yourself in what ever manner you wish.I use the smudging after a meditation or a investigation as well as a magic light circle at the start of a investigation.But seeing or intertaining the spirit people is a intresting thing to do.
Well hope yo get to meet some of you.
Kathy L from Odessa Texas Para View Texas Paranormal investigation group.
It is not the dead we should fear but the living who walk among us with distorted thought.

#53 Mellis

Mellis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

****taken from an article by Yona Williams****

I am new to this board and I'm finding this all very fascinating. I am currently writing a book about ghost hunting and wonder if any of the sensitives on this board have had experience in that area? It seems as if it would be wonderful to be able to communicate with spirits who are trapped and need to be told about how to go into the light.

Has anyone here worked as part of a team of ghost hunters? If so, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

#54 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

Has anyone here worked as part of a team of ghost hunters? If so, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

There are lot of people working as a GhostHunting Team. As you browse through the forum you will find them. The information is too huge to post here. Enjoy the stay with us, and good luck with your endeavours.
Posted Image

#55 huntmoney

huntmoney

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hi all! I have never attempted to contact the dead before, but am considering it now. I feel I need some objective/personal guidence in my life. Specifically, stange as it may sound, does anyone here think it is possible to communicate with a pet that has passed away? Growing up and even recently, I've never had any close friends, except my dog Lobo. He has always meant the world to me. He was 15 y/o when he died on my sixteenth birthday and I would give almost anything to know that he is still around.

If anyone could enlighten me in this I would be very much in your debt.

#56 huntmoney

huntmoney

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

Hi all! I have never attempted to contact the dead before, but am considering it now. I feel I need some objective/personal guidence in my life. Specifically, stange as it may sound, does anyone here think it is possible to communicate with a pet that has passed away? Growing up and even recently, I've never had any close friends, except my dog Lobo. He has always meant the world to me. He was 15 y/o when he died on my sixteenth birthday and I would give almost anything to know that he is still around.

If anyone could enlighten me in this I would be very much in your debt.

#57 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:42 AM

This may seem like a response that's a little over simplified. I find that most things placed into proper perspective are quite simple. Communication in my life works like this... If some one knocks on the door, and I feel like answering, I do. Whether or not initating a interaction from my part with the spirit world is good or wise or not, I don't really know. It simply feels the right path for me to respond, if I choose, when called on, and not other wise. I confess that I do dabble in palms and cards, but only when i feel there is a knock at my door.

#58 billsbabe

billsbabe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

My fiance Bill passed away in September. His mother is blaming me for his death. I really need to ask him if he feels the same way. He was into drugs, he refused rehab, and his heart gave out, he was 35. His mom knew about the addiction, and did nothing to help me try to deal with it, in fact she introduced him to pot and pills at a young age. I love him so much, and I know he loves me, but she is making me doubt myself and my actions. I would really like to communicate with him so I am going to try to do this. Any advice would be greatly accepted. Thank you

#59 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Hello! Last night me and my friend did the ouija board (we protected ourselves before hand). This was the 2nd time we tried it and it was very productive! We asked questions about today that have came true (just to make sure it was working). if you know how to use the ouija board right w/ proection I definatley reccomend it.

I'd just thought I'd share my expirence with you.
--Stefanie
"We are not human beings having a spiritual expirence.. We are spiritual beings have a human expirence"

#60 KJ Hamilton

KJ Hamilton

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

I cannot express how appreciative I am of this thread!

Spirit communication is not something that I take lightly. In fact, I've been studying, learning, and reading about it for the better part of the last two years. I've been able to communicate since I was a child, but it was something that I didn't speak out about until recently.

I have to say that, in my experience, the most important thing to remember about this type of communication is to set your intent for the Best and Highest Good of everyone involved. Everyone communicates in different ways. The best advice that my mentor gave me was : find what is best for you and just let it flow.

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in :clap:

KJ

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users