• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi
im new to this and i dont know if im posting it in the right topic but well
my husband sees things
he has been seeing and feeling things and presences for a long time
wherever he goes they follow
in different ways: orbs, "smoky" presences (white and black), things moved around, steps, they wake him up at night, he sees them walking beside me, shadows, printer or computer goes on randomly, etc
he has gone to different psychics and without even speaking, they always tell him that he has the ability or that there are presences around him, that he has 12 people following him around, things like that
in our former apartment, in this new apartment, if we go out on holidays, to a different house or country, everywhere
he is not scared and doesnt feel threatened but he wants to be able to understand why, wants to be able to help if that is what they want, to communicate with them,
we believe that if this is happening it is for a reason so he wants to be able to learn about htis ability, to learn to communicate so he can understand them and help them out
I never see anything nor feel anything even though he can see them beside me
sometimes I feel a presence or someone watching me but I think its in my mind because I know that my husband sees them
they told him to try talking to them, not out loud but in his mind, he has tried this in many ways but does not get a response
someone told him that he needs to learn how to use and control his ability, how to develop it, that he is new (even though he is being seing this for 10 years now) so that he needs to train himself

any suggestions???

#77 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

Find an established medium and get some pointers. If you can learn from the triumphs and mistakes of others, I say go for it.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#78 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

Me I use my pendulum quite often, the ouija very rarely, tarot all the time, astral projection only once in a blue moon. The pendulum is very safe and often fun, the ouija a little more daring and brings out residual haunts for weeks to come some times, AP has been very frightening in the past and don't plan on a repeat quite yet, and the tarot I absolutely love to do but those readings typically are internally sourced.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#79 pyropheonix

pyropheonix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting racing asnd all out fun

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the great advice!

i dont now where you came up withthat lil saying but u should not beleve it dont fear the dead fear the living you should fear the dead more than the living the dead can do oh so much worse to you than the living trust me BAD_WORD with the dead they BAD_WORD with you for life

#80 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

pyrophenix, first off, could you please watch your language while using the Ghostvillage Forums?

Second of all, I really dislike it when such fearmongering is used. People have been communicating with spirits for as long as humanity has been on this earth in a variety of ways, with far fewer negative encounters than some would have us believe. I sincerely doubt that the dead are out to get the living and only seek to harm us. The history of spirit contact shows that.

Frankly, if you have only had terrible, negative experiences, I should think that says far more about you and your methods than the dead.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#81 sightseeker7

sightseeker7

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hi I'm new to the board but have been a medium since childhood. I am not trying to but in, would like to put my experience out there then take it or not. I have found contacting or being contacted by spirit a relatively pleasant experience. When someone has passed with anger or confusion they may not accept their death therefore see the communicator as interfering. In this instance and anytime you are unsure of what you may be dealing with, I have found putting up some spiritual protection before starting is effective. What you use depends on your tradition or practice. I know of friends using: sage burning, saying a prayer to your guides to watch over you, certain color candles, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you believe in it. It doesn't hurt to be cautious even if you never have a problem. :hug:

pyrophenix, first off, could you please watch your language while using the Ghostvillage Forums?

Second of all, I really dislike it when such fearmongering is used. People have been communicating with spirits for as long as humanity has been on this earth in a variety of ways, with far fewer negative encounters than some would have us believe. I sincerely doubt that the dead are out to get the living and only seek to harm us. The history of spirit contact shows that.

Frankly, if you have only had terrible, negative experiences, I should think that says far more about you and your methods than the dead.

#82 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

using spiritual protection in a calm and rational manner is far different from espousing that spirits are out to get you no matter what.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#83 sightseeker7

sightseeker7

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

I agree, spirits don't usually look to hurt anyone. The problem is that once you have had a bad experience many people stop communicating and never find out what happened or why. It may be the individuals negative energy attracting the spirit.

using spiritual protection in a calm and rational manner is far different from espousing that spirits are out to get you no matter what.

#84 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

That's my own thinking as well. :hug:

And then there is the group of people who are 'playing around', have something odd happen and freak out, which in my mind leads to many of the 'Ouija are evil' stories out there.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#85 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

I cannot say as I have ever had negative contact with those who have passed on to the next realm. In fact, I was lucky enough to have a wonderful contact with a dear friend who died this week in England. I hadn't tried to contact him - he came to me and it was a while before I caught on! It was a wonderful, uplifting experience to be able to say good-bye to this person. I also am comforted by knowing that I can contact him again.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#86 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

I have never had any problems in communications with "beings"; I do however wish they would be more selective when they decide to speak with me.

Edited by PHANTOM MONK, 25 July 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#87 Illuminated One

Illuminated One

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

Hi I'm new to the board but have been a medium since childhood. I am not trying to but in, would like to put my experience out there then take it or not. I have found contacting or being contacted by spirit a relatively pleasant experience. When someone has passed with anger or confusion they may not accept their death therefore see the communicator as interfering. In this instance and anytime you are unsure of what you may be dealing with, I have found putting up some spiritual protection before starting is effective. What you use depends on your tradition or practice. I know of friends using: sage burning, saying a prayer to your guides to watch over you, certain color candles, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you believe in it. It doesn't hurt to be cautious even if you never have a problem. :)

Hello Sightseeker7. Welcome to the Ghost Village forums. I am fairly new to this site as well. I have also heard that if you are dealing with a negative spirit, or if the person trying to make contact is unaware of the type of spirit energy in which he or she is trying to contact, that sage burning could make the negative spirits more hostile! Is this true? or have you or anyone else heard of this?

#88 sightseeker7

sightseeker7

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

Illuminated One, sorry I didn't see your question sooner. I find sage will release negativity and keep away many entities but those that are stronger will become hostile with any kind of protection. Always be ready with something stronger.

Hi I'm new to the board but have been a medium since childhood. I am not trying to but in, would like to put my experience out there then take it or not. I have found contacting or being contacted by spirit a relatively pleasant experience. When someone has passed with anger or confusion they may not accept their death therefore see the communicator as interfering. In this instance and anytime you are unsure of what you may be dealing with, I have found putting up some spiritual protection before starting is effective. What you use depends on your tradition or practice. I know of friends using: sage burning, saying a prayer to your guides to watch over you, certain color candles, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you believe in it. It doesn't hurt to be cautious even if you never have a problem. :weeee:

Hello Sightseeker7. Welcome to the Ghost Village forums. I am fairly new to this site as well. I have also heard that if you are dealing with a negative spirit, or if the person trying to make contact is unaware of the type of spirit energy in which he or she is trying to contact, that sage burning could make the negative spirits more hostile! Is this true? or have you or anyone else heard of this?

#89 Celestia

Celestia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

The way that I communicate with spirits is by finding out who is in my place and just start talking to them. I grew up with the ability to see and talk to spirits since I was a little girl. I have been Wiccan my whole life. Every once in a while i have to help people get bad spirits out of their places which in itself is a chore depending on who or what is in there.

#90 hrtsoul143

hrtsoul143

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

I have a question....I had an experience a few nights ago where I saw a "shadow spirit" in my kitchen. I was startled but never frightened. I told my 18 yr old son about it and he said he had seen the same thing in the exact same place a week before. I have a feeling it's my ex-husband and his father trying to communicate and I dont have the first clue how to do that. I have been enlightened for many years but this is the first time I have seen a spirit...usually I get signs or numbers. How can I help this spirit get his message to us?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users