TGIF - Your Superstitions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

okay not exactly superstitions, just some quirks...
when i eat m&ms i have to have an even number, and all of the numbers of the colors have to be divisible by one another (does that make sense)
when i sleep, my covers have to be up over my head (to make me invisible), while i fall asleep i cannot move around (something might see me), i cannot face my porclien dolls, and my closet has to be closed (trust me, if you looked in my closet you would have to have it closed as well!)
i never throw my stuffed animals off of my bed (I have a ton), you never know what they might plot against you... okay, now i can see why i ended up in the physchiatric hospital. i think that i have seen too many horror movies in the past 17 years. i tell you my imagination is a bit too overactive. or mayber its the meds... who knows. i'm really not as crazy as i seem!!
alexa
Love life.

#17 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

Oh, Alexa, you're just perfect the way you are!

And, I completely understand the whole M&M thing (I have O.C.D.). :Spaz:

Viv

#18 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

okay not exactly superstitions, just some quirks...
when i eat m&ms i have to have an even number, and all of the numbers of the colors have to be divisible by one another (does that make sense)
when i sleep, my covers have to be up over my head (to make me invisible), while i fall asleep i cannot move around (something might see me), i cannot face my porclien dolls, and my closet has to be closed (trust me, if you looked in my closet you would have to have it closed as well!)
i never throw my stuffed animals off of my bed (I have a ton), you never know what they might plot against you... okay, now i can see why i ended up in the physchiatric hospital. i think that i have seen too many horror movies in the past 17 years. i tell you my imagination is a bit too overactive. or mayber its the meds... who knows. i'm really not as crazy as i seem!!
alexa

and I'm hip on the stuffed animals! (wicked things)

Edited by spooksareus, 20 March 2006 - 10:47 PM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#19 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Oh, Alexa, you're just perfect the way you are!

And, I completely understand the whole M&M thing (I have O.C.D.). :blush:

Viv

i had a doctor try to tell me i had ocd one time just beccause i'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to school work. i'm a straight A student, and when i get a project i def. don't procrastinate. he just felt that not procrastinating on school work was really odd for a teenager, so he said that i was OCD. my mom was like do you want me to bring you a picture of her room? the only thing i actually spend time on is school work, my bed room looks like a mount everest base camp... i tend to throw my empty water bottles under my bed. last time my mom cleaned my carpets she counted more than 50 ater bottles under there. man those things accumulate soo fast!
Love life.

#20 LindenD

LindenD

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

Ok well this is a superstition in my entire family, Well when someone falls asleep and u know some people put there arms across their chest and link their hands together. Well my family believes that you shouldnt ever do that because you resemble a dead person in a casket so when ever a family member falls asleep like that someone else has to either wake them up or un-link their hands and put their arms at their sides. If they stay asleep like that we believe that they could die. Kind of weird but we all believe it :)
"Transcend the Boundaries of Reality"

#21 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:21 PM

not crossing someone on a staircase
Posted Image

#22 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

Hawaii has a different set of superstitions. You never drive through the Wilson or Pali tunnels with any pork products or you'll have bad luck (this is especially true driving from Ko`olauloa to Honolulu). If you pick a specific type of fern growing on a pali (cliff) it will pour within 3 minutes. And as kids, we always held our breath for good luck going through the tunnels in the Ko`olau Range.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#23 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

A penny is good luck, I used to think that a penny tails up was bad luck , but now it means good luck tommorow. Always give a penny with a gift of a knife or a wallet or purse. If you are a receptor of a penny in your wallet or purse never spend it and you will never be broke.

I'm confused about walking under ladders, if you accidentaly walk under one can you walk backwards and undo it? what if you are holding one for someone else, is it ok to be under it then?

Man there are so many, this will probably have to be a multiple post.

This is one of my favorites. Never say goodbye, it is so final. Say See Ya later or equivalent.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#24 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Well...lets see......
I walk under ladders all the time.
I have had many black cats and cross their path all the time.
I make faces...so my face will stay that way.
I made sure I turned all my kids upside down all the time so they would be stupid....didn't work, they got smarter...HA!
I step on sidewalk cracks as much as possible, that one worked, broke my back..lol!
I guess I don't really believe in them....I just do them!

Edited by leslie_dragonlvr, 31 March 2006 - 01:57 PM.

Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#25 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:31 PM

That April is a very unlucky month...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users