• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:11 PM

Hi everyone! Long time no postage! ^^ That's right im back!

Here is a link to a list of haunted places in Maryland. ( http://theshadowland...es/maryland.htm )

I took a look at this list and thought i'd share my comments about a couple of locations...
Text in red are my comments.

Baltimore - Black Woods (aka Blair Witch Woods) - Is said to be haunted by a witch. When you find a house and you go down to the basement the witch kills you.
These woods are hella creepy and have a very erie feel to them. I chickened out before venturing too far into them.

Baltimore - Ghost Road - When drivers go down this long dirt path leading from a small neighborhood, their headlights seem to mysteriously go out. Cars have been also been known to stall, and then start again on their own. Pounding can even be heard on the outside of the vehicle. On the right side of the path, when the moon is just right, one can see a tombstone. The stone will sometimes have a blue tinge to it with a floating figure standing behind it. No one knows the story of the tombstone in the middle of the woods, but no one dares to get close enough to investigate.
I haven't gone here but I realllllly want to! O_O Has anyone else?

Baltimore - Notchcliff Road - Located about a mile and a half from the Loch Raven Reservoir, Notchcliff road is a long and winding dark road. The road, due to it's sharp turns and constant hills, has been the site of many accidents. One such accident stands out though. Around 11:30 p.m. coming in from the front way, double yellow lines slowly disappear and around the next turn, off in the distance you can see headlights and a mangled car. As you drive closer it slowly disappears and there is a tree with red "paint", busted up from the car.
Again, I haven't seen this but it sounds really cool (and i dont have to go very far..)

Baltimore - Upper Marlboro - Six Flags America - Believed to be haunted by the Hall Family (original owners of the land.) Behind The Wild One, Hall Manor house sits partially hidden. This area is off-limits. A grave that marks the only daughter of Eleanor Hall She died on her birthday. On that day in June, rides malfunction and other problems occur more than usual.
I think this must be true. The only times I have gone to this six flags (both in June), half of the rides were down for repairs or matinence.

Baltimore - Hunt Valley - Hunt Valley Town Center - Several Co-workers of mine (security gaurds) have complained about wierd noises and the sense of dread over certain areas of the place. It used to be a old shopping mall but was torn down. Other incidences include..cold chills (even on warm days)abnormal Fog..and darkness and spots of light where there should be none. also there is a masonic temple on a hill. adjacent to the complex
The mall has been rebuilt, and the general area does have its own feeling, but I doubt it's haunted.

Baltimore County - Reisterstown - The dead woods - Reports of a little girl calling for her teddy bear.
Wandered in here without realizing where I was, got lost and found my way out by the help of what looked like a sweet little lost blonde girl who asked me if i had saw her toy. I should have known.

Catonsville - Asylum road - On the property there is an abandoned mansion closed to the public and at times when people pull up to it and stop in front if it there are whispers heard and mysterious tapping or banging heard from the inside. There are also people seen walking and as a person approaches the person walking disappears.
My boyfriend's mother just moved onto the asylum campus (she works there). I definately need to investigate this!!! There are so many abandoned buildings on the campus it may be difficult to tell which is which...

Reiserstown - Rosewood - When you go into anyone of the buildings it can be 100 degrees outside and it will be almost below freezing in the buildings. Once you go in there all you see is wheelchairs and weird stuff. It is really freaky. Once we saw a wheelchair move by itself on level ground. You should go there it is exit 20 on 695 west you make a right on Rosewood Rd.
Actually this one isn't too creepy. I think they've torn it down.

And what they fail to mention is an abandoned asylum somewhere in Maryland that burnt down sometime in 1895 - 1900. My boyfriend went with his friend last year. I was supposed to go but I couldn't get out that night. We don't remember what it's called but we want to go back.. Anyone know what I am talking about? (I believe its on the Potomac river? He said he had to cross a river before he got to the other side BUT he could walk through it so i doubt its the Potomac.)
Posted Imagemalo mori quam faedari.~:C'est la vie:~

#2 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:58 PM

Hi Orfos, Might the place you are thinking of be called The Patapsco Female Institue which is near the Patapsco River in Ellicott City?
oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#3 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

The female institute to which you refer sits on top of the hill in Elicott City and the only reported incident of a death was of a student that died near the turn of the century . The place simply isnt haunted. It looks creepy , it looks like the home to the boogey man himself , but its simply an old building on the top of a hill. My group has investigated it numerous times to no avail. Nothing comes up . EVP , Motion detectors , photography, video is all negative and has been multiple times.

If you want haunted in Maryland ....Check out the Warren road bridge area and the surrounding foundations of homes that were removed for the use of Baltimore city to make the resevoir called Loch Raven. A father and son were shot and killed there during a robbery and several people have drowned there as well. The area holds a negative air and I say if you want a challenge go check it out. Take alot of batteries they drain very quickly in the area.

The list you give is very big and many of the places mentioned arent even slightly haunted. Fort Mchenery is another. 1 person died there and he doesnt seem to want to complain.

Check your list . :ghost: You may find many of the places on it not haunted at all and simply the victim of rumor and heresay.

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. I am from Maryland and have checked out a large majority of the places listed to find nothing at all .
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#4 MR. MD 7

MR. MD 7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

So where are the "dead woods". I'd really like to go.

Also, for you who have been to Rosewood, i had a blast there. Its very creepy, but very fun.

#5 deadmoo

deadmoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:16 AM

Baltimore County - Reisterstown - The dead woods - Reports of a little girl calling for her teddy bear.
Wandered in here without realizing where I was, got lost and found my way out by the help of what looked like a sweet little lost blonde girl who asked me if i had saw her toy. I should have known.

I would really like to find out more about this little girl and the area in Reistertown called dead woods. I have a 4 year old niece who lives in Reistertown. She sometimes claims to have talked to this little girl named Lynna. She says that she lives in the woods. She also says that Lynna is looking for her teddy bear and that she has blonde hair. Her parents and teacher don't know any Lynna. After stumbling across this post I am totally convinced that she is somehow able to communicate with this ghost. I do have a starting point for my investigation. One time well she going down the street, my niece pointed out this house and said, "That is where Lynna's parents live." I think I need to find out more about that house. Talking to dead people isn't a completely new thing for my niece. We have caught her in the middle on conversations with her dead grandparents, who were Holocaust survivors. Any more information you can provide who be very helpful.

#6 deadmoo

deadmoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:53 AM

We have caught her in the middle on conversations with her dead grandparents, who were Holocaust survivors.

I meant great-grandparents.

#7 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

The female institute to which you refer sits on top of the hill in Elicott City and the only reported incident of a death was of a student that died near the turn of the century . The place simply isnt haunted. It looks creepy , it looks like the home to the boogey man himself , but its simply an old building on the top of a hill. My group has investigated it numerous times to no avail. Nothing comes up . EVP , Motion detectors , photography, video is all negative and has been multiple times.

If you want haunted in Maryland ....Check out the Warren road bridge area and the surrounding foundations of homes that were removed for the use of Baltimore city to make the resevoir called Loch Raven. A father and son were shot and killed there during a robbery and several people have drowned there as well. The area holds a negative air and I say if you want a challenge go check it out. Take alot of batteries they drain very quickly in the area.

The list you give is very big and many of the places mentioned arent even slightly haunted. Fort Mchenery is another. 1 person died there and he doesnt seem to want to complain.

Check your list . :ghost: You may find many of the places on it not haunted at all and simply the victim of rumor and heresay.

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. I am from Maryland and have checked out a large majority of the places listed to find nothing at all .

I googled the Patapsco Female Institute and, from the photos that I saw, I do not think this is the correct place. I ended up going to this other place sometime last year with a couple of friends. It was a lot of fun, since we decided to scare the other group of kids whom had found their way there that night as well. We were too preoccupied with hunting them that we didn't have time to feel hunted. lol This place definitely is not open to the public. I will have to find out what it is called.

I have been to Loch Raven at all hours of the night, and only once did anyone in my group ever "freak out". He had claimed he saw something behind a trash can. Him freaking out kind of gave me the creeps. I've heard many many many stories of how people died there, but I have yet to see or feel anything unusual so I am not entirely convinced this area really is haunted. Maybe I am not looking in the right places?

I would really like to find out more about this little girl and the area in Reistertown called dead woods. I have a 4 year old niece who lives in Reistertown. She sometimes claims to have talked to this little girl named Lynna. She says that she lives in the woods. She also says that Lynna is looking for her teddy bear and that she has blonde hair. Her parents and teacher don't know any Lynna. After stumbling across this post I am totally convinced that she is somehow able to communicate with this ghost. I do have a starting point for my investigation. One time well she going down the street, my niece pointed out this house and said, "That is where Lynna's parents live." I think I need to find out more about that house. Talking to dead people isn't a completely new thing for my niece. We have caught her in the middle on conversations with her dead grandparents, who were Holocaust survivors. Any more information you can provide who be very helpful.

My friend saw her too. I was cutting through the woods to try to get to a little town festival on the other side to meet my friend there. I ran into this little girl and asked her if she knew the way out. She took me to the other side and when I met up with my friend she's like "bye!". I figured she was just some little girl playing in the woods from the festival.

#8 orfos

orfos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

I found the place. I made a post about it here: http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=25592

#9 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

Do any of the Maryland folks (or anyone else, for that matter) have any experience with hauntings on the USS Constellation? My husband is originally from Baltimore and he always heard rumors that the ship was haunted but I've never heard confirmation one way or the other.

Some of his friends had some odd encounters at Fort McHenry, but nothing that could be verified or documented, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users