• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:18 AM

Those are some amazing occurances! The kinds of things you describe lead me to believe you may have something there. You have everyone including the pets experiencing these things, you have some common type of experiences associated with an "aware" spirit.

Racine has some old areas, as old as any other part of the state. Is your apartment an older building (Pre 1950's), or is it a newer building?

#17 orgus

orgus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

There is a house on New York Avenue in Oshkosh that is supposedly very haunted. I think it is 321. It's a green two story home. I always hear about the Grand Opera House and the PAINE Art center, but there are evidently lots of strange things in some of the downtown area homes in Oshkosh too.

#18 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:42 AM

Correction on The Rave/Eagles Ballroom – I recall reading somewhere that this was the site of Buddy Holly’s last gig. Not so. He played his final concert in Clear Lake, IA. at the Surf Ballroom and the plane crash occurred en route to their next gig.

Not that that changes anything as the place is legitimately haunted, I believe.

Oshkosh is loaded, yes. And, as Redhead mentioned: Portage is very, very strange, indeed. I lived there for a time and experienced a lot of strange encounters.

I still maintain that northern Wisconsin and the U.P. is the most paranormally-charged area I’ve ever been to, though.

:hug:

Viv

#19 bpdiva23

bpdiva23

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hello, i'm new here and I just wanted to say that I live in Racine, Wisconsin. I am living in an apartment that I believe may be haunted. When we first moved here things began to happen when I was here alone. At first it was just the sound of the door opening and closing but when I would look to see who had come in, there was no one there. Since I was here alone, I always checked the whole apartment just to make sure it wasn't an intruder and never found anyone. My husband and I bought 3 brand new futtons and these would creak while I was here alone, creak like they do when someone was sitting on them. I would get the distinct impression of someone standing behind me but when I turned around, no one would be there. A few times while I was alone and watching TV, I would feel like someone was playing with my hair. Then one day about 1 year after living here, I heard the door open and close followed by footsteps that ended at the entrance to the dining room. Of course no one was there when I went to investigate. I told my husband and he thought I was either imagining it or I was just going crazy, lol. I began to believe that too untill a friend of mine came to stay with us for a while and began experiencing the same things.

Soon after my friend left us, my husband had an experience himself. I had gone to the store and he stayed here alone, he was watching TV when he heard the door open, close and then footsteps. He told me that he searched the entire apartment and found no one, serves him right for not believing me.

The bathroom door latch began to jiggle one day while we had a visitor and we both heard it, it stopped as soon as I went to investigate. Autum of 2004, my husband, my youngest son and I were here alone when I saw a man wearing dark clothing coming out of the kitchen. Thinking it was either my son or my husband I paid it no mind until I heard my son ask his dad something and his dad answered back, they were both still in the kitchen! That same christmas, my parents and my grandmother came to spend the holiday with us. My mom saw a man in dark clothing coming out of my bedroom minutes before my husband came out of the bedroom. My grandmother told me that the first night she spent in my daughters' room she saw lights on the celing and thought it was the lights of passing cars, the only problem with that is that there are no windows in that room. A few months later, my daughter (13 at the time) woke up to see that man standing infront of her mirror. My daughter has never been afraid of the dark, that is until this incident. She slept with a nightlight for close to a year after that.

I saw a small light brown shadow which was couched, run very quickly from one end of the living room towards my daughtes' room. My second oldest son was awoken one morning by a voice that told him to get up, he thought it was me but when he opened his eyes, there was no one around. He and his little brother love to play tricks on eachother before going to bed. One night he heard someone coming toward where he slept and put out his hand to scare his brother, but nothing made contact with his hand when he knew for a fact that someone was standing next to him. He called out to his brother to go to bed and heard his brother yell from the other room that he was in bed, well he jumped out of bed and turned on the light to find that no one was anywhere in the room. Our dog has never barked at anything that she sees in this apartment, even though you can see her watching something walk past that only she can see. One night she began growling real low at first and her growl just got louder and louder until she was barking at something in the corner of the room. At this point I have goose bumps cause I don't see anything but she obviously does and whatever it was, she was deffinately keeping her distance from it. She only stopped barking when I said 3 times out loud, "get out of my room" she began wagging her tail and looked at me for approval. The last 2 incidents happend in the last few weeks. About 3 weeks ago I watched my youngest son walk into the kitchen followed by my second oldest and there was a boy following my second oldest into the kitchen. When they both came out alone I asked them who had followed them into the kitchen. They looked at me as if I were insane and said, "no one mom, go see for yourself" so I did and there was no one in the kitchen. The last incident was close to 2 weeks ago, I walked into the kitchen and got a strong wiff of cigar smoke, but no one here smokes cigars and I have no idea where that smell came from. But the smell stayed in the kitchen for about 15 minutes and then it was gone. There are alot more incidents that we have experienced while living here, but as you can see this is long enough, lol.

I have been told by a few people that I am sensitive to spirits and that is why they are here, but I have no idea if this is true. All I know for sure is that we have had too many weird things happen here and I have no other explenation other than the fact that this apartment is haunted.

#20 bpdiva23

bpdiva23

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

I was wondering what building you lived in. I recently moved to an apartment that I think is haunted. My dog goes nuts and things keep turning off. Thanks!

#21 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

"- The Historic Karsten Inn (Kewaunee, Wis.) – Home to several ghosts. Paranormal activity recorded here, including: cold spots and various noises. Room 310 is haunted by the mischievous spirit of “Agatha,” a former maid and, now resident spirit. I’ve never been there, but this place is definitely haunted."

For those interested there is a weekend event at the Karsten Inn in Kewaunee WI in November of this year. Tickets are limited and the hotel will be closed to the public for the weekend of the event. You can find more information at http://www.iamhaunted.com/.

#22 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

"- The Historic Karsten Inn (Kewaunee, Wis.) – Home to several ghosts. Paranormal activity recorded here, including: cold spots and various noises. Room 310 is haunted by the mischievous spirit of “Agatha,” a former maid and, now resident spirit. I’ve never been there, but this place is definitely haunted."

For those interested there is a weekend event at the Karsten Inn in Kewaunee WI in November of this year. Tickets are limited and the hotel will be closed to the public for the weekend of the event. You can find more information at http://www.iamhaunted.com/.

p.s. There are new videos of the Karsten Inn dinning room at my YuTube account, http://youtube.com/thesameones. Save these videos, especially the still collections, to open and watch in a full screen format such as Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player will switch to full screen mode by using "alt and enter" keys at the same time. It minimizes the same way. There is the pause/play button also. There will be frames you will want to stop for a better look. The YuTube window is far too small for adequate viewing of these videos. Full screen viewing is really a must.

#23 Sockman

Sockman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

'Tis a shame that Wraith has not replied.

I, too, am from Racine(technically, I am originally from Milwaukee) and have experienced many a paranormal event in my time down here.

My girlfriend, an avid paranormal enthusiast herself, lives there. I moved in somewhere in the range of 4 1/2 years ago, and boy, have there been some strange things involving both the house and the region around the city.

As far as her house goes, here's a list of the most memorable times I've had since moving in:

- First night there, I openly doubted the presence of a spirit. I was rewarded for that assumption by the persistent and rather forcible slamming of the back door, which was situated at the top of the basement stairs, next to which we had our room for a time. The door continued its assault upon the jambs for about an hour. Prior to going to bed, I had made sure the door was shut properly and locked. There was a breeze that night, but nothing with the velocity needed to throw the door around like that.

- After we had moved up from the basement due to an unrelated incident, a toy train suddenly began to work outside of our window. The sound it emitted--a sort of "whirr, whirr"---ceased immediately once active investigation began(ie, looking out the window); once we went back to bed, the toy reactivated within 3 seconds. This pattern went on for the better part of 40 minutes.
I went out to the side area of the house the next day and searched for the little toy. I found it and decided to see for sure if this was what had caused the excitement the previous night(it was buried beneath some miscellaneous stuff). I wound it and was startled to hear the same *whirr, whirr* noise. I actually dropped it and walked quickly back into the house.

- One night(1:14AM, to be exact; the time is burned into my memory), as I dozed on a love seat in the livingroom, I heard what clearly sounded like a small child shuffling quickly from the hallway to the kitchen, a space of about 8 feet. Thinking that this was the child we were babysitting that night trying to be cute and sneak a snack, I opened my eyes and prepared for the satisfaction of catching the child red-handed.
It took two more steps while I watched before the footsteps stopped, with no such child attached to them.
Blinking disbelievingly, I continued to stare open-mouthed at the bare floor where the last step fell for a few more minutes before I got up and sought the comfort of my bed.

There is a particular room in the house that, simply put, will not seem to rest. It is probably by far the most active room in the whole house and noone seems to come away from staying in it for an extended period of time without seeing, feeling or hearing something very, very strange.

As for my girlfriend and I, we had stayed in the room for about four months. That room seemed to be very influential on our relationship, as fighting became very common and aggressive, not to mention overall mood changes, and not for the better. Whatever was causing these conflicts seemed to feed off the copious negativity.
The things that I have witnessed in that room will forever shake me.
Most notably was the night where we had our worst fight. It ended with her crying and me trying to go to bed feeling, for whatever reason, very surly and disconnected from her. Less than three minutes later, as I stewed in bed, trying to lull myself to sleep, I heard a strange noise---a footstep in the kitchen. But none that I have ever heard before in the house(when you live someone for that long, you recognize everyone's walking patterns).
Whatever had made the footstep was very careful, deliberate and calculating in placement and tempo.
In any event, my ears perked, because my girlfriend had not gone into the kitchen; our creaky section of the floor in the conjoining area would have tripped it off, and noone had come up the stairs either, again, the things are far too noisy for even a ninja(I'd bet) to navigate without a sound. Rather, this originated from the midway point in our kitchen. And it was moving.
My curiosity turned into nervousness as the plodding footsteps moved evenly from the kitchen to the main hallway; my nervousness quickly evolving into rampant fright as they moved past the bathroom and towards my bedroom, and then to downright terror when the came to a stop right at the door. I can remember that I had actually drawn my covers up over my nose as whatever-it-was came closer and I kid you not, I honestly expected a Freddy Krueger-type person to swing the door open and jump at me---it was that terrifying.
Almost immediately, the door did open, and I would have surely lost all bowel control were it not for the fact that it was my girlfriend, not a ghoulish demon, that appeared on the other side.
She asked if I had gone to the bathroom(apparently, she had heard the same thing, only from the bedroom to the bathroom) and, seeing my wide-eyed, hastily shaken head, asked me if I was all right. Another jittery shake of the head.
I asked her, in a very shaky voice wrought with fear that honestly surprised me, if she had heard what I had. She said no.

That was it for that night.

I do not have time for everything right now. I will be back to finish it tonight after work.

#24 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

I think Racine is underrated when it comes to activity. I've through all of the schools of the Racine Unified School district along with the administrative buildings and I have experienced some strange things. Even the formal principle of Winslow Elemetary is ademant her school is huanted.

There are many old houses there, and much history daying well back to the very early 1850's

Red Apple is probably the most active school I visited.

#25 SummerRae

SummerRae

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

Hello there, I am new to the site and actually came across this looking for information on Sanitarium Hill in Madison. Im a very skeptic person, and never believed in ghosts, and never had the desire to know until my boyfriend mentioned going up to the hill. Hes been going there for years, had some really creepy experiences. Him and and ex girlfriend were chased out of the woods by something, and hes seen and heard lots of things.
Well anyway, my boyfriend, my aunt, and her boyfriend decided to go up there. The first time we went up, nothing happend. But the second time was really creepy. We went at about 12:30 in the morning, and I think stayed til maybe 2. To start off, we went up to the cemetery. We noticed the temperature drop, and there was a weird smell. Kind of sour and musky smell, that we all smelled. And something didnt feel right. It felt like there was an evil presnence, I was shaking like Don Knotts (lol) and I wanted to leave. My aunt and her boyfriend both looked up at the same time, and they claimed they seen an orb. Just a bright orange colored light that was hovering above a grave and went back into the woods, then came back out once more than zommed back into the woods. Me nor my boyfriend seen it, but the other 2 swore they seen it. Then, my boyfriend decided to go off on his own, and was walking along the line where the cemtery ends and the woods meet on the eastern side. He was going to be a butthead and scare me, but ended up getting freaked out himself cuz he heard voices whispering in the woods. So he came running back over, and we decided to leave the cemetery. We got down by the little old church, and then they wanted to go back up into the cemetery a second time. So we went back up. We didnt see anything or hear anything, but we still had the feeling that something was angry and watching us. It felt very evil.

Next, we decided to walk up along the road that runs along the woods, heading up towards the buidlings which is now the Dane County Human Resource Building, formerly known as the Tuberculosis Sanitarium. We were walking in the little grassy field that connects the cemetery and the road. As were walking, me and my boyfriend were in front, and my aunt and her boyfriend were behind us, holding hands. All the sudden she yelled "ouch!" and both her and her boyfriend were freaked out because something had pulled her hair. There were no tree branches around, or anyone behind her, and her boyfriend was holding her hand. I didnt want to believe that something had pulled her hair, but both her and her boyfriend were pretty shaken up by it. Even he had seen her head get jerked back from the pull.

Not 5 minutes after that, we sensed something was following us. Theres a path in the woods that runs right along side the road, just some brush and small trees seperate them. So we hear a big branch snap, and we all look at each other. We stopped and watched and didnt see anything, so we kept walking. As we were walking we could hear someone still following us. You could hear the sound of the brush as someone walked through it. So we were pretty freaked out, and then we heard a deep sounding noise, that almost sounded liek a growl. We started walking a little faster, and then 2 screams came from deep in the woods. Definetly a woman's scream. So we pretty much went and hid in front of the building and sat at soem picnic tables, trying to figure out who or what it was. We cant say it was a ghost, a human, an animal, it could have been anything. We thought maybe it would have been my boyfriends brother messing with us, but he was at home watching tv, and we heard the tv. So by this point, Im ready to leave. Well the geniuses I was with, decided to take a walk through the woods, up by watertower. Its prolly around 1:30, its pitch black dark, no moon, and they want to walk through the path. I tried telling them I didnt want to, ive had my excitement, Im scared. Something was telling me not to go in there. But I wasnt going ot walk down to my car alone, so I went with. Seriosuly it was so dark in there, that my aunt and her boyfriend were not even a foot ahead of us, and i couldnt see them. I couldnt see their silhouettes or anything. And by knowing that whatever we encoutnereed follwing us, could still be following us and could hurt us, I started really freaking out, i had tears in my eyes. And I think they realized how bad it was when they couldnt even tell where the path was anymore, and we turned around and walked back towards the car.

Well, they decided to walk through the cemetery one more time. I kept thinking, enough is enough already, but I had to follow. We walked back up there, and as we first entered the cemetery, that horrible smell was still there. And the wierd thing was, as we were walking up to the back, the smell disappeared. We got up to the back, and stood there, me huddled in the middle of them, and we just listened. We heard nothing, seen nothing, and it actually felt calm. It didnt feel so evil, it didnt feel like someone was watching us anymore. But I wasnt at ease until I got back to my car. I let go of boyfriend hand and I had such a grip, that when we let go, our hands were dripping with sweat. There are a lot of crazy people out there, and I since I dont know what that was watching us and following us, and I dont know if he could have hurt us, I refuse to go back up there. The only thing that could change my mind is going with a bigger group of people, and being more prepared, and have some sort of protection with us. Its definetly not normal up there, and as much as i didnt believe in ghosts before, I do now believe that that place is haunted.

So Yeah I just wanted to share that story with you. Maybe you have experienced soemthing like that, so I know we arent crazy.

#26 jennyb

jennyb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:10 AM

Hello, i'm new here and I just wanted to say that I live in Racine, Wisconsin. I am living in an apartment that I believe may be haunted. When we first moved here things began to happen when I was here alone. At first it was just the sound of the door opening and closing but when I would look to see who had come in, there was no one there. Since I was here alone, I always checked the whole apartment just to make sure it wasn't an intruder and never found anyone. My husband and I bought 3 brand new futtons and these would creak while I was here alone, creak like they do when someone was sitting on them. I would get the distinct impression of someone standing behind me but when I turned around, no one would be there. A few times while I was alone and watching TV, I would feel like someone was playing with my hair. Then one day about 1 year after living here, I heard the door open and close followed by footsteps that ended at the entrance to the dining room. Of course no one was there when I went to investigate. I told my husband and he thought I was either imagining it or I was just going crazy, lol. I began to believe that too untill a friend of mine came to stay with us for a while and began experiencing the same things.

Soon after my friend left us, my husband had an experience himself. I had gone to the store and he stayed here alone, he was watching TV when he heard the door open, close and then footsteps. He told me that he searched the entire apartment and found no one, serves him right for not believing me.

The bathroom door latch began to jiggle one day while we had a visitor and we both heard it, it stopped as soon as I went to investigate. Autum of 2004, my husband, my youngest son and I were here alone when I saw a man wearing dark clothing coming out of the kitchen. Thinking it was either my son or my husband I paid it no mind until I heard my son ask his dad something and his dad answered back, they were both still in the kitchen! That same christmas, my parents and my grandmother came to spend the holiday with us. My mom saw a man in dark clothing coming out of my bedroom minutes before my husband came out of the bedroom. My grandmother told me that the first night she spent in my daughters' room she saw lights on the celing and thought it was the lights of passing cars, the only problem with that is that there are no windows in that room. A few months later, my daughter (13 at the time) woke up to see that man standing infront of her mirror. My daughter has never been afraid of the dark, that is until this incident. She slept with a nightlight for close to a year after that.

I saw a small light brown shadow which was couched, run very quickly from one end of the living room towards my daughtes' room. My second oldest son was awoken one morning by a voice that told him to get up, he thought it was me but when he opened his eyes, there was no one around. He and his little brother love to play tricks on eachother before going to bed. One night he heard someone coming toward where he slept and put out his hand to scare his brother, but nothing made contact with his hand when he knew for a fact that someone was standing next to him. He called out to his brother to go to bed and heard his brother yell from the other room that he was in bed, well he jumped out of bed and turned on the light to find that no one was anywhere in the room. Our dog has never barked at anything that she sees in this apartment, even though you can see her watching something walk past that only she can see. One night she began growling real low at first and her growl just got louder and louder until she was barking at something in the corner of the room. At this point I have goose bumps cause I don't see anything but she obviously does and whatever it was, she was deffinately keeping her distance from it. She only stopped barking when I said 3 times out loud, "get out of my room" she began wagging her tail and looked at me for approval. The last 2 incidents happend in the last few weeks. About 3 weeks ago I watched my youngest son walk into the kitchen followed by my second oldest and there was a boy following my second oldest into the kitchen. When they both came out alone I asked them who had followed them into the kitchen. They looked at me as if I were insane and said, "no one mom, go see for yourself" so I did and there was no one in the kitchen. The last incident was close to 2 weeks ago, I walked into the kitchen and got a strong wiff of cigar smoke, but no one here smokes cigars and I have no idea where that smell came from. But the smell stayed in the kitchen for about 15 minutes and then it was gone. There are alot more incidents that we have experienced while living here, but as you can see this is long enough, lol.

I have been told by a few people that I am sensitive to spirits and that is why they are here, but I have no idea if this is true. All I know for sure is that we have had too many weird things happen here and I have no other explenation other than the fact that this apartment is haunted.

so your aptment got ghost in it well you know racine ,wi has lots of them lol i should know what side of town may i ask??

#27 earthberry

earthberry

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I've been out to Callan road a few times and it is really scary out there. The road is always pitch black no matter how bright the moon is or how many passing cars there are on the adjacent road. I have had odd experiences out there like seeing faces in the trees surrounding the ruins of the house and seeing lights. The weirdest one however is the night I went out there and as soon I got in front of her house, all of the windows in my car fogged up immediately and even the defroster wouldn't clear the fog. When I drove away from the house, the fog cleared. I don't know if the story about the witch is true but there is definitely something out there.

#28 PKsRevenge

PKsRevenge

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

If your in Wisconsin Dartford cemetery is a good place to start as well as Witch road, both have been featured on tv a few times.

Also Glenbeulah Cemetery is a very under rated hot spot of activity. Definitely worth the trip.

If your serious about the paranormal check out my forum by clicking the link on my signature banner, its completely Wisconsin based and several paranormal groups share there and would be more than happy to help investigate your haunted location(provided its legal to go there and you are serious).

#29 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

Here's my issue and maybe somene can help. I do not consider myself sensitive to the paranormal. I find it absolutely fascinating, and would like to do more research into my two experiences. The one that is the most persistant deals with the Wisconsin Dells. For years, I have thought about the area, one spot in particular (don't want to reveal as a way to prevent meshing). I think about this area and get an uneasy feeling like something is not rght at all. Today my fiancee an I returned from a weekend at the dells and the feeling has followed me home.

I am wondering if perhaps I ammore sensitive to the large amounts of energy created in the area by the attractions or if anyone has experienced something similar with the dells or a similar site?

Cheers!
"I'm not dead! yes you are you'll be stone dead in a moment." - Monty Python

#30 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I'd like to welcome you to our Village, and I hope you'll find some answers here, as well as a great place to hang out with like-minded individuals.

I can say that one location in the Dells that is reportedly haunted is not true. I go to the Dells a lot. I am friends with people who live there, and have all their lives. I am also close friends with someone who lived there and we go at least once a month to visit and hang out. This friend and I had heard that the Showboat on Broadway has had activity so we went there one afternoon when it was a little quieter in there. I spoke to the bartender, who has worked there at least 20 years and who told me that the owner started the talk as a way to drum up business. But, as with most annecdotal evidence that is fiction, people refuse to accept that it is fiction ~ even when those directly involved in creating that fiction admit that it's only a story. I don't know if that is the place you are referring to or not, but it is a good example of being careful in a tourist town of what you believe in. There was a haunted house attraction further down Broadway that was also reportedly haunted (and is no longer in business), but those stories only surfaced in the last ten years or so as well. Now if you are talking about Devils Lake or the old Ringling property, that would be a different story. You will have to be a little more specific or else send me a private message.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users