• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 cammy_shai_1234

cammy_shai_1234

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Hey all, this is my first post.
I live in Becket and have visited the old quarry many times. Aside from it's amazing beauty and run down abandoned machinary I have yet to see anything. I walk my dog through there just about every sunday in the warmer months. I feel left out. I hear of people seeing "workers" and hearing talking and even machinary running. Either way just wanted to add my two cents.

On another note, there is a bar/restaurant on East Otis called the Knox Trail Inn, I actually bartend there on the weekends and I can confirm that it is truly haunted. Alittle history for those of you who are not in the know.....

Back during the civil war when Gen. Knox was crossing Ma. they had stopped to rest at the Knox Trail which at the time was a Bed and Breakfast for the passing soldiers. Well a young soldier was brought here having been injured. The rooms upstairs which are currently abandoned and used for storage, were then used as an infirmary, well the soldier subcombed to his wounds and died in the night.

So as history goes the "Soldier" now haunts the the restaurant.

I have yet to experince "Jake" as I call him. But have heard from many locals of their brushes with him.

All ranging from the cold feeling, to seeing a shadow, to even having plates fly through the air and toilet paper fly off the rolls.

The most activity happens in the now closed pine room, which scares the crap out of me, considering I have to cross the not lit area to collect beer cases very late at night.

Another one in Otis is the Grouse House which I experienced first hand, there are two children who had perished in a fire back in the late 50's or so when a fire started.

I was upstairs cleaning the guest rooms when the door slammed behind me and I was "locked" in the room. I was actually scared outta my mind, but it was broad daylight, so I began singing to myself and the door magically opened.

Another was when I was in the bathroom, the stall doors started to open and close slamming and I could hear giggling, so again I started to hum to myslef and it stopped.

They are rather mischevios as well, they'd play childish tricks on people constantly. I haven't heard of much since then and that was about 14 years ago.

So that's that... gotta love hauntings....

#17 pittsgirl4ever

pittsgirl4ever

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hey everyone this is my first post here in the forums. It is a really cool place here and I hope to post any findings of mine here.

I live in Western Massachusetts, Berkshire County to be precise and I am familiar with the Hoosac Tunnel and all of its legends. But I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of some legends that I have heard of and maybe have some information on them. I heard that somewhere in Adams on a road at night something along the lines of a ghost boy runs in front of your car and disapears. I am gonna try to find out as much as possible from asking around. Also in Adams I've heard that the cemetary containing the old Quaker Meeting House has voices and other weird sounds. And in Savoy, Ive heard of some sort of haunted house or haunted farm and a man who claims to practice withcraft. Finally, in Cheshire is a very large Lime Quarry which I have visited which is still used slightly but into the woods are paths and some abandoned machinery and I have to say at night you see things. Ive seen eyes before (I cannot verify if they were animals eyes, but I'd think I would hear an animal big enough to have eyes a few feet above the ground)

Does anyone know anything about what I have mentioned? I'm going to do some research on my own, but wa sinterested in what you guys would know.

the Hoosac Tunnel story is in this book;Spooky Massachusetts by S.E. Schlosser.
also chapter 25 is called ;Pittsfield ,The Devils Alter..hope this helps.
Posted Image *pittsgirl4ever*

#18 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

There is the Bridgewater Triangle, Stone's Pub, The old Lyman School in Westboro and my house LOL..

#19 Dragon Lady

Dragon Lady

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

Oh, man! I had forgotten about the old Lyman School for Boys! I used to live in Westboro, many many MANY moons ago. My dad was a police officer in town, and he had occasion to take a "truant" or delinquent as we now call them, up there. He was always so very quiet afterwards.

Another building that is reported to be haunted is the library in the center of UMass Amherst. One semester saw I think it was, 4 suicides. That is why the top floors were closed for years.

I'm not sure about it being haunted, tho I would not doubt it, Quabbin Park Cemetery is at the very least a great place to visit during the day and get some pics of the monuments that have stood for more years than I care to try and count right now. Not far from the records building is an angel monument. She looks so sad. Always left me feeling on the verge of tears after just standing at the foot of that one.

At Quabbin, don't try and get in after dark. The MDC Police patrol there as well as the rez area heavily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users