#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:36 AM

High on Mt. Ararat in eastern Turkey, there is a baffling mountainside "anomaly," a feature that one researcher claims may be something of biblical proportions. Read more --> Satellite Sleuth Closes in on Noah's Ark Mystery

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,373 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

Thats pretty interesting Moon. I remember hearing something about this a while back.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

The Bible gives the measurements of the ark in cubits. A cubit was the length from the tip of the middle finger down to the elbow -- roughly 18 inches.
Length: 300 cubits (450 feet)
Breadth: 50 cubits (75 feet)
Height: 30 cubits (45 feet)

In regards to its resting place, the Bible only gives "the Arafats" meaning the Arafat range.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

That is pretty interesting and I've caught at least one show about it on the Discovery Channel (In fact I think they show that picture or one like it) Really makes ya wonder.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 jimg

jimg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:08 AM

THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed. A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

http://www.thesun.co...-in-Turkey.html

Edited by MoonChild, 29 April 2010 - 07:09 AM.

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

Great. I am merging this with an existing thread on the same discussion.

Posted Image

Edited by MoonChild, 29 April 2010 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

#7 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

Guys, I don't know if this is Noah's, but I have a feeling we're heading for a letdown with this story. I mean, through the years there have been may claims of people 'discovering' Noah's Ark. I'm just saying.

#8 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

That is quite interesting but I believe its just a natural formation.
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#9 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

The same photo and claims of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat have been around for decades. I'm with a couple of other folks - this may be a bit of a letdown. I love when archeology can substantiate legend whether biblical or not, but I would think that a person's faith would not depend upon physical proof of these events, as no. 1 - faith requires a leap in belief not withstanding physical proof no. 2 - part of that faith is based upon an allegorical and metaphorical interpretation of the stories. Sure would be cool though, to see if they can verify this one!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#10 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

It'd be great if it was but in my opinion we're not meant to find Noah's Ark.

Whatever

#11 GlendaRS

GlendaRS

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

Of course even if it isn't the Ark, the obvious question is how does an ancient ship end up on top of a mountain? Assuming it is a ship.
---Glen

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

Well, geologically it is possible, even on high peaks of Himalayas they have found remains from the deep ocean.
Posted Image

#13 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'd sure have to agree with Moonchild on that. Geologically speaking, entire continents have been under water at some point in earth's history. Locally, we can go out to our beaches and literally walk over the top of ancient redwoods in the sand. Some are 300 feet high, so you can imagine how much the land shifted for my kids to dance on the tips of these trees. Our particular part of the world is one of the most seismically active spots on the planet, and approximately 300 years ago a 9+ earthquake occurred in a subduction zone, that literally allowed the landscape that currently resides several miles inland, to drop, burying entire forests. The opposite of that phenomena would certainly seem probable - though as to its being Noah's Ark - of that I am skeptical?!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#14 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

This isn't Noah's Ark.

#15 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Well, geologically it is possible, even on high peaks of Himalayas they have found remains from the deep ocean.

I want to know your line of thinking. So how would a ship get on top of a mountain ?
Btw. Do you know why marine fossils can found on mountain peaks thousands of feet tall ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users