The Excercise Thread

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

Dancing is a great way to keep in shape too!
Posted Image

#17 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

Does 'thinking about it' count? :)

#18 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

*snickers* depends, are you working up a sweat while doing it frither :)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#19 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

Oh believe me, it just about wore me out :) :)

#20 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

WOO HOO!!! I lost 2 pounds already! B)
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#21 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:54 AM

Good job Duke!! B)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#22 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:37 AM

I have to weigh myself and start moving soon.
Posted Image

#23 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

Excellent thread, Duke. With us being on a schedule now and the warmer weather approaching, I'm trying to get more exercise in, but I have days where Isabel just is not cooperative, LOL. Weather permitting, we go for walks. Weather NOT permitting I stay in a do yoga. After only doing yoga 3x a week for a week and a half, I lost a pound and my blood pressure dropped signifigantly (102/66). I eat relatively healthy the majority of the time, and I would like to continue doing so, since my eating habits are going to influnece my daughter's. Oh, and I just ordered a post-natal yoga DVD that you do WITH your infant. I'm really looking forward to that one!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#24 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

I signed up at Ladies Workout Express last August. I go on the average of 4 times a week. Sometimes 5 times a week. Its one of those circuit thingies. Its 30 min of aroebics basically. I feel better and no longer wake up stiff but I don't see that I am any thinner. Maybe it takes time.

#25 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'm going to try and fast. Also going to look out my old 20 minute work out tape, it worked before!
Posted Image

#26 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:44 PM

Last week I rode the bike every day, but didn't lift wieghts. This week I've lifted weights (twice so far and will again tomorrow) but did not ride the bike (indoor or out).

So the plan for next week and every week there after is this...

Mon, Wed, Fri - Upper Body weight lifting.

Tue, Thu, Sat - Bike (recumbant on cold or rainy days, outside when weather permits)

I'm hoping that does the trick, cause I'm really fed up with this GUT!

BEEFCAKE!!!!

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 23 March 2006 - 07:45 PM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#27 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

Way to go Duke! I need a plan myself.
Posted Image

#28 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

spent two days walking the local mall plus took part to some extent with the kids gym class. Spent Wed in bed with a bum knee and today did some walking and lots of running up and down the steps.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#29 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

I've started taking the stairs in my apartment building but I only live on the second floor.
Posted Image

#30 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

I don't really have a specific regime that I follow. I have tried that in the past and found that I stuck with it for a week or two but as soon as something interrupted it, I stopped following it. Yeah, I know, no self discipline.

When the weather turns nicer, usually around the end of May, I bike to work. I only live about 7 km from where I work, or 4 miles. However, I don't just take a casual bike ride to work. I have a racing bike, and I race to work, so that by the time I get there, my legs are pretty wobbly. During lunch at work, I partake in floor hockey for an hour. It's a pretty small place we play in, and usually play 3 against 3, and it's like doing wind sprints for an hour. It's quite a work out. We've had new people come to play with us and they've wound up quitting about 15 minutes into it because they couldn't keep up the pace.

I weigh 205 right now. About a month ago I was 215, and I want to get down to 185 by the end of summer.

Whatever I'm doing, seems to be working, because I just passed my fitness test at work, and am exempt next year, and during the endurance part, I outlasted guys who were half my age :D

My plan is to get back into swimming, keep playing as many fast paced sports as I can, biking to and from work as much as the weather permits, and maybe throw a little weight training in there.

When I started training to go overseas, I weighed 155, I was skinny. By the time I got done my tour of Kosovo (my second tour) I weighed 185, and was happy. Then I got sick, and ballooned up to 215. Now the hard part is trying to get back down to 185.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users