Flat Earth Society --> Read on through!

I am not sure what to make of this! :weeee:
Posted Image

#2 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:30 AM

What the heck is it? It really doesn't say.
Posted Image

#3 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

If I thought these people were kidding, I'd feel a lot better. But these people seem serious about the Earth being flat - despite all evidence to the contrary. I'm not so naive to think science is perfect and theories can't change, but unlike most things, the theory that the Earth is round has been proven time and time again - with photographs, with travel, with measurements, with eyewitness reports. Somehow I think the governments of the world have a lot more important things to do than a 'round earth' conspiracy.

This isn't quite like the evolution v. creationism v. intelligent design debate, but it does remind me of it in that the arguments quickly break down into the argue-ees fighting about themselves rather than the ideas/theories.

:weeee:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

I agree with autumnbelle.
Posted Image

#5 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

Maybe they want this reaction.
Posted Image

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

This is just plain silly...the Earth is orb shaped. It's the Universe that is flat!!! :weeee:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

Now, someone is talking! I was always wondering about the Chihuhahuas of flatness!

But the more I read that forum, I am getting a kick out of it!
Posted Image

#8 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

I love that site! I have never been so dang tickled :ghost:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#9 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

That board is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Thanks for posting it, MoonChild. :ghost:

Viv

#10 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

Y'all make me feel much better. No need to prepare for the collapse of civilisation and a return to the dark ages (interesting as they were). :ghost:

#11 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

I do not thinkthey really believe that its flat seems like. they just want a reaction our of people for fun.
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#12 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:17 PM

I do not thinkthey really believe that its flat seems like. they just want a reaction our of people for fun.

Hehehe we can only hope... :)

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#13 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

Not sure about these people in particular, but found out it's actually not unheard of for people to believe the world is flat. Mentioned this string to some friends and they weren't even surprised. "Oh yeah - flat earth society. Think NASA is just one coverup story for other things - the thing the money REALLY goes to." That was slightly unnerving. Luckily these people still tend to be in the vast, vast minority. We have too much to learn without having to reconvince folks about the stuff we already have learned!!! :Spaz:

#14 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

At the top of a high mountain, the curvature of the earth is clearly in evidence.... unless it's just a great big studio constructed by N.A.S.A.!
------------------------------------------Posted Image

#15 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:05 AM

Umm....please, tell me they are just playing around...well, it says over 900 members, does it take that many people for a joke?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users