Supernatural Short Stories

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#181 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

Bottom line it is your story and you have to use your style. If I wrote it I would write it differently. lol

She started yelling. "You killed me and you didn't even have the decency to hide my body somewhere better than that smelly old well. I could think of millions of better places..."

I turned my head and looked behind me, there lying on the bed was my cold, lifeless body… 'This is going to be a long afterlife.'
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#182 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:37 AM

yeah, i really like my stories when I dont edit them and try to find flaws. Id much rather write what just comes to me, off the top of my head.

You see now why im not a good writer? guess thats what I get for being a pisces...

#183 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:46 AM

Please do not take this as discouragment. I encourage you to keep writing. You have an ability which is rare. You are young and you still have time to develop you own style. Everything you have posted has been very good.

I think you will find writing is not as easy as putting pen to paper. But I already see great potential.

I have written in first and third person. It is easier for me to write in the thrid person because my characters do things I would never do and it is easier for me to see it through their eyes than my eyes. I think I assume the reader sees what I see. But when I look through someone elses eyes I have to describe what they see. And when you have more than one character they can't all be "I".
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#184 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:51 AM

Oh no, I didn't take it as discouragement, I like being criticized, i like being challened. I still don't know what style I like best...but I think first person.

And yes, the "I"s are my worst enemies...cant help it.

#185 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:55 AM

1) This shall have thirteen words between the start and finish of each sentence. 2) Thirteen words joined with thirteen words thirteen times shall become a single paragraph. 3) These thirteen sentences in one paragraph times thirteen paragraphs shall constitute one chapter. 4) Thirteen descriptive chapters with thirteen enticing paragraphs each shall form the first section. 5) Each section shall be thirteen chapters which are made up of thirteen paragraphs. 6) A paragraph is made up of thirteen sentences which are thirteen words long. 7) Thirteen sections arranged in logical sequence shall form the basis for the story. 8) You will find thirteen individually distinct and different items on the front cover. 9) You can read the thirteen names of the people who personally helped me. 10) Take time to peruse the thirteen revues of the most ruthless book critics. 11) Thirteen pages of the foreword give you a good background to familiarize yourself. 12) Thirteen brief sentences about the author tell you where a lot about me. 13) Be sure to read the highlights of my other thirteen best selling books.

1) There were originally thirteen tribes of Israel but the Bible only mentions twelve. 2) The twelve tribes of Israel are very well covered by the Holy Bible. 3) The thirteenth tribe is never mentioned by its name or referred to directly. 4) There are passages that indirectly imply there is a lost thirteenth tribal faction. 5) The lost thirteenth tribe is the primary subject matter of this author’s quest. 6) Who is this lost tribe and why are they not in the Bible? 7) Many science fiction books and movies tell stories of the lost thirteenth tribe. 8) There are a varying number of stories that explain why this is so. 9) One story says that the church edited the Bible for their own purposes. 10) They took the writings of the disciples and those which furthered their cause. 11) Early Christianity was not popular and was punishable by death under Pagan rulers. 12) So it is conceivable priests chose certain passages to appease their Pagan Czars. 13) So why do the early priests not mention the thirteenth tribe of Israel?

#186 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:59 AM

whoa, that looks like it was hard to get right. Who wrote it?

#187 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:00 AM

That was one of mine

#188 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:01 AM

wow really, how long did you have to think about it to get it to work?

#189 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

It took a while, probably why it never got finished.lol

#190 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

...guess your just like me. Full of ideas, but never even finish them...

#191 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

I have several books finished.

#192 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:07 AM

well I know that, but you know what I meant

#193 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:08 AM

I figured it was appropiate since we are on the 13th page of this thread.

#194 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:09 AM

a friend of a friend was asked to babysit three toddlers in a large, ramblinghouse in North London.
kerry was told that the children were already tucked up in bed. the parents said they would be back at about 1am.
she ate the dinner that had been left for her, then settled down to watch the horror film on TV.
she'd just decided that the film was abit too scary when the phone rang. it really made her jump!
kerry answered the phone. she expected it to be the children's parents., checking that everything was OK.
but when no one spoke she hung up, puzzled. a little later the phone rang again. this time kerry heard a man laughing crazily.
seriously spooked, kerry called the operator, whol told her that if the caller rang again, she should try to keep him talking. they could then try to trace where the call was coming from.
when the phone rang again, kerry nervously picked it up, only to hear maniacal laugther once more. she tried to keep him on the line, asking who he was and why he was doing this.
the crazy caller hung up, but a few seconds later the operator rang, saying "we've traced the call to the other phone line in your house!"
Posted Image Posted Image

#195 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:11 AM

That is pretty cool too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users