Supernatural Short Stories

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#211 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

We are waiting. lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#212 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

The barn still swayed and creaked but it didn’t seem to be in as much danger of collapsing as I first envisioned. In fact the wood inside all looked new, like it had just been built.

I saw there was stuff piled in most of the stalls on the first trip through to examine the 100 year old structure and I guessed there would also be stuff up in the hayloft. One stall had a tarp over what I guessed was a car; I went to that stall first and lifted the corner of the cover and sure enough a bumper appeared. Pulling it a little further up exposed the grill, and then the hood. The chrome gleamed in the flashlight beam and the gloss black paint had been polished to a mirror like finish.

It was a 1934 Desoto Airflow, the one which Orville Wright helped to design. I discovered after fully removing the tarp; the exterior was in excellent condition. Even the tires looked brand new. It seemed strange seeing how everything else around here was deteriorated that Uncle Jack should take so much pride in this car. As I opened the driver’s door to look inside, a skeleton fell out. I dropped my light and jumped back. The bones lay piled in a heap on the ground; the toothy skull stared at me from empty sockets and grinned. I half expected it to stand, brush itself off get back in the car and drive away. Slowly I inched forward and grabbed the light again. The remains might have moved or it might have been my imagination.

When I first pulled the off tarp I was elated at the discovery of the immaculate car. I already had visions of driving it to car shows. Now that there was a body associated with it I decided as soon as the police got through with it I would sell it or have it hauled to the wrecking yard and crushed. I wouldn’t be able to get rid of it quick enough.

I headed back out of the stall, funny I don’t remember closing the door when I came in. “Ah there’s the latch.” I looked back at the pile of bones one last time, ‘yep still there’, I wasn’t imagining all this.

I made better time getting back to the house than I made going to the barn. Thankfully my wife and kids weren’t home yet and I immediately dialed 911.

The deputy who responded to my call only took about fifteen minutes to get here, that was reasonable considering how far out of town we were. I presumed they took the discovery of a skeleton quite serious. I knew it was a pretty serious matter for me. I was glad that this happened before the wife and kids came home. Hopefully the deputy and the coroner who I was informed was coming would be gone by the time my family got back. I led the deputy directly to the barn, and showed him which stall the car and the body was in.

The deputy emerged out of the stall a few seconds later. His smokey the bear hat swiveled from side to side above his ear to ear grin. “Is this what had you so spooked?” He held out a bone.

“Yes..” I stammered, not knowing why the deputy thought it was funny.

“Well we call this White Ash, it is tree limbs, I don’t know why but the car is full of them.”

I looked again; upon closer examination it did resemble bleached wood. “What about the skull? I know I saw a skull.”

“You mean this?” He was still grinning holding up his other hand.

It didn’t look like a skull, until he rotated it. It was carved into the bleached wood. “Oh my god.”

“Yep, pretty realistic isn’t it?”

“I tell you it had me fooled.” I started to share the deputy’s humor.

“Well let me go ‘call off’ the coroner.” He was still giggling as he left the barn, with a bone in one hand and carved skull in the other.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#213 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

I like that one!! Really good Evad!!!

#214 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:15 AM

Ok, so I finally decided to start that dream story thing I was talking about earlier in the posts, and I decided to divide it up into chapters, sort of....anyway, I wrote the first one in about...id say 20 minutes, and there will probably be about 5 chapters or parts. By the way, this really has nothing to do with the paranormal, just something I felt like doing, enjoy it anyway!! oh, and I pretty much based the 1st part after me, i relate to the 1st part a lot!! sorry for any errors, i never proofread or anything...if I really like it, ill go back and make some massive changes and tweaks and make it into an actual story!! now im just blabbering on...enjoy!!

-please criticize it!! make suggestions comments! thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1?

“Ohhhh...the alarm clock…does it have to be sooooo loud?!” I opened my eyes to a bright, blinding light bleeding in through the partially open blinds. It was still early in the morning, but the sun was still as bright as ever. I stared at the alarm clock in amazement, only 6:05...too early.

Another day of hell, another day of school, another day of life. Seems like it has always been this way, and seems like it will never change. Seems the only things that really keep me going are my friends and...“her.” Usually she is the first thing to pop into my head every morning, as well as the last thought when I fall asleep.

Today was no different, my mind was immediately drawn towards her. I don’t know what love actually is, but it seems I have been stricken by it. Like some disease plaguing a town or a form of torture.

Just like every morning, I stumbled into the wash room half awake, took my shower, and prepared for grueling day at school. Then, as usual went down the stairs and into the living room.

I happened to glance at the television and saw that the terrorist groups had been massively growing in numbers. These groups that called themselves, “Purifiers”, seemed to be more of a religious cult than terrorists. But, that all seemed to change after the numerous bombs and bomb threats, the killing of at least twenty people a day, and striking fear into all those in the country.

The idiot masses have started to join their cause, but no-one seems to know what their cause is. Nevertheless, if they can’t beat them, I suppose they will join them and be protected by them. The nation is at an extremely high security level, but we were told to live out each day as if nothing was happening, even though the terrorists walk among us.

I didn’t like the thought of having my life in danger every time I leave the house, every time I go to school, every time I open my eyes in the morning. Apparently, everyone thought this way, but never showed it. They have taken the advice of living out each day as if nothing was going on. Even while innocent people are dying, buildings are being blown to smithereens, and that these groups seem to be plotting something BIG.

These seem to be my thoughts every time I have woken up for about the last two years. And just like every morning, my parents were eating breakfast in the kitchen, waiting for me to get ready for school.

At 6:35 my dad and I got into the car and started down the drive-way. Every morning he would drive me to the end of our road, I could never walk that far, it was almost two miles to get there. Here, at the end, he drops me off and I wait for our bus, which is always late.

Every morning I get on, and look at the faces of the people on the bus. Any one of them could be one of the terrorists, well, for all I knew they were all terrorists. The bus seemed quiet this morning, sort of strange.

I took my normal seat near the back and waiting for the long ride to end. It was eerily silent, no-one talked. I knew everyone suspected everyone else, but they were too afraid to take a stand.

Finally after what seemed like the longest bus ride ever, we got to the school at 7:30. Again, the students didn’t seem to talk as much. There were a few murmurs and whispers, but it has never been this bad.

I just brushed it all off and started towards the coke machines on the opposite end of the school. There I would most likely meet up with my friends. There were seven of my closest friends always waiting for me at the machines…they know I can’t start a day without my daily intake of caffeine.

A little ways down the hall I spotted my ex, and motioned her over…after we talked a while we started towards the machines together. We had the same set of friends and we left each other on good terms. It’s weird how it all works out, she’s my ex and we are the closest of friends…I’m even closer to her than her new boyfriend.

Sure enough, we reached the machines and there they were, sitting around like a bunch of lazy bums. But that’s what I liked about them, they didn’t seem to care about the threats or killings, they just kept living their lives.

My day seemed to get better at the sight of my best friend and the others, until I noticed “her.” My love, with her boyfriend standing amongst the group. I always get sick to my stomach when I see her in his arms.

I shrugged it off and ignored it, like I do every morning and sat down with the group. We still had some time before our first classes started. Our conversations consisted mostly of insults to each other and stupid remarks…like every day, but I still loved it.

Suddenly, there were two loud explosions on the other end of the school. Everyone immediately stood up. The doors behind us were kicked in and about ten men in cloaks and masks marched in, each holding a gun in their arms…the rest seemed like a blur…

(to be continued…)

#215 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:30 AM

:ghost:

and then...

;)

and then...

#216 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:40 PM

Not sure if I want to continue this one, its a little boring and not really appropriate for this topic...

#217 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Cheerleading,Tumbling,Music,SystemOfADown,Supernatural Stuff,GHOSTVILLAGE!<br /><br />THE JONAS BROTHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:42 PM

all of those stories were really good! i might write one then ill post it here. :clap:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" name="flashplayer" src="http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/wafpaf/countdown/swf/fun17.swf?then_year=2011&then_month=5&then_day=22&eventt=Disney+World%21%21" quality="high" width="260" height="210" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain"></embed><br><a href="http://www.wishafriend.com/countdown/" target="new">

#218 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

That'd be great. This topic seems to be dying, but I want it to LIVE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users