two movies

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

i was sitting back reflecting, and these two movies came to mind... the believers (actually watching that one right now!), and the changling (george c. scott). i remember the first time i saw those they scared the poo out of me. now the changling makes me laugh (especially with the wheel chair chasing the gf around the house), but the believers def still has the creep factor.
okay just reminiscing (pardon the spelling)!
alexa
Love life.

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

I remember being terrorized by a movie about creatures that suck the bones out of people. These creatures could climb walls to get in through windows. They were cheesy-looking, like a big dark lump with spaghetting tendrils on which they slithered around. They had a snake-like neck and head that they used to break windows. I was frightened for months and slept with the light on, eyes fixed on the window.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:32 AM

I was just looking at The Changling yesterday. They had it for sale at Best Buy for $5.99.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

Never saw them but I know the names.
Posted Image

#5 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:05 AM

I was just looking at The Changling yesterday. They had it for sale at Best Buy for $5.99.

I think that movie is hilarious. scared the **** out of me when i saw it in elementry school. i LOVE the older horror movies... they just don't make them like they used to. they need to stop remaking them, the remakes usually suck. except for the fog remake, but i think that's because the whole reason for the lepers coming into the bay was totally different. the fact that a total hunk was in it doesn't hurt either... mmmmm chad micheal murray!
Love life.

#6 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

I was thoroughly creeped out by the Changling. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Was the Believers the one with Martin Sheen? That one was weird. Does anyone remember the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow with Bill Pullman? Or how about the movie Burnt Offerings? Man that freaked me out when I watched it way back when.
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#7 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

I was thoroughly creeped out by the Changling. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Was the Believers the one with Martin Sheen? That one was weird. Does anyone remember the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow with Bill Pullman? Or how about the movie Burnt Offerings? Man that freaked me out when I watched it way back when.

i remember burnt offerings... i actually just saw that not too long ago. that one was kinda creepy, but it was kinda hard to uderstand what was going on, between the glare from the sun, and my mom vacuuming in the background. the believers is with martin sheen... honey, i did it for us. creepy!
Love life.

#8 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

I hadn't thought of "The Changling" in years! I wasn't scared by it, but at the time thought it was pretty creepy. I don't remember "Burnt Offerings" at all. I do remember seeing the "Dark Shadows" movies in the theater - they were pretty good too, but I have a feeling that if I were to see them now, would be pretty disappointed/bored.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#9 hairpin

hairpin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

The Changeling is an excellent movie! It scared the bejeebus out of me when I was a kid too. I think a few other horror movies have borrowed from it too. For instance The Ring/Ringu - the bones found in the well under a house. And there was an episode in the second season of Cold Case where a father had killed off a weak son to replace him with a healthy heir.

I won't say any more for those who haven't seen it! Netflix keeps it stocked, you guys should check it out.
You cannot use the paranormal to prove the paranormal. -Cody Polstonwww.sgha.netSouthwest Ghost Hunters Association - SHIELD Team LeaderThe 10 BIGGEST mistakes made by ghost hunters.

#10 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

All those movies from that era scared me!
Then you watch them now and laugh!
Then i wonder is it harder to scare us these days?
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#11 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

I remember being terrorized by a movie about creatures that suck the bones out of people. These creatures could climb walls to get in through windows. They were cheesy-looking, like a big dark lump with spaghetting tendrils on which they slithered around. They had a snake-like neck and head that they used to break windows. I was frightened for months and slept with the light on, eyes fixed on the window.

Island Of Terror / 1967 :weeee:
A small island community is overrun with creeping, blobbish, tentacled monsters which liquefy and digest the bones from living creatures. The community struggles to fight back.
I love this movie because Peter Cushing stars in it. ;)

Edited by DarkPrincess, 23 April 2006 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users