• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

Well i just got back from forest park cemetery today and after hearing what i did and seeing some things which im still not sure were there or not, id like to know if anyone else has heard of ghosts or hautnings or just weird/satanic activities in oakwood cemetery, elmwood cemetery, st mary's cemetery or forst park. A few of my family members including my mum grew up in troy and heard stories about those cemeteries and was wandering if anyone knew about anymore or could explain some happeneings.

#2 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Well i just got back from forest park cemetery today and after hearing what i did and seeing some things which im still not sure were there or not, id like to know if anyone else has heard of ghosts or hautnings or just weird/satanic activities in oakwood cemetery, elmwood cemetery, st mary's cemetery or forst park. A few of my family members including my mum grew up in troy and heard stories about those cemeteries and was wandering if anyone knew about anymore or could explain some happeneings.

#3 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hi. I'm responding to your Forest Park inquiry. I was there in August and had what I felt were a few very amazing experiences. It was nearly midnight and it was hot out, yet there were cold spots in certain areas of the cemetery, plus I heard what sounded like a baby crying. After that, I heard what sounded like two male voices that were talking back and forth but no one could make out what they were saying. They seemed to follow us everywhere but it would have been impossible for them to actually follow us and not be seen or heard. There were no footsteps and nothing was visible. Sometimes the voices were in front of us and sometimes in the back. Of course, if real people were there, they would have had to pass us to get in front of us, but no one ever did. We shined our flashlights all over, but nothing was there. The voices followed us down the path almost to the gate and then they were not heard again. In other words, there was no one there. We decided to leave, as voices with no one there kind of scared us, but I wanted to take a picture of the old dilapidated mausoleum before leaving. When I tried to do that, my camera refused to work and just as I was giving up on it, the most awful roar was heard behind us about 30 feet or so from the gate. Unfortunately (as I regret it now), we ran out of there at that point, as it was now after 1:00 a.m. and the noise was quite scary. We drove by in the car afterwards and stopped to look inside, but still there was nothing there. The place is definitely haunted - there is no doubt about it. Later, I heard that many haunted cemeteries have those sounds (like babies crying and weird roaring noises), but I can never forget the sounds of the two male voices despite the fact that no one was there. What were your experiences?

#4 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

the first experience happened to my moms friend which was some 40 years ago. on a dare one of her friends jim C (for privacy reasons) went in to forest park cem. at midnight and had to sit ontop of the ruined archway in the mausoleum, he did and some 34 minutes into it he came out screaming with a 6 inch gash down his arm which later required 22 stitches to close. the last time she saw him he still had a scar which was 3 weeks ago at her job.

the other actually happened to my mom, back when she got her first car, a chevy maverick in 1972 she was cutting through oakwood cemetery to get home one night and when she was turning the corner to get to the east facing exit, her car just stopped dead like someone was pushing it back, as far as she knew no one else was there and she wasnt running over graves, and as soon as the car could move she saw 2 more shadows coming down from the hill next to her so she threw her car in reverse and went back the way she came. she still refuses to go back to any of the troy cemeteries today.

and my experience was in broad daylight at forest park. i went in to take some pictures during the day, my g/f was driving me and parked her car on troy country club road, i got out and went in and by the time she was with me i was in the old mausoleum, and she stayed outside of it near the collapsed window. I took some pictures of the graffiti and the old archway and then i started hearing whispering and voices all around me. i went over to ym g/f still by the window and asked if she said anything and she said no, so i went back to taking photos in the area around the mausoleum and started hearing the voices again so i went over to tell her to quit whatever she was doing. she then proceeded to get mad at me and went back to the car. now i was completely alone and the voices started again and out of the window in the back i saw humanoid shadows moving through woods toward me so i just ran for the main gates.

the same night we went to st amry's cemetery and for the record my digital camera sucks alot. i took about 25-30 pictures of the nicer looking monuments and mausoleums and when i downlaoded the picutres there was nothing but darkness except 3 which had some sort of foggy, smokey looking stuff in the top right corner, i dont have the photos to prove this but if given the chance again i beleive i can take more with similiar effect and a different camera.

thats the culmination of my experinces and if my grandparents were still alive im sure they would've had some info seeing as how they lived in troy most of their lives. but thats all i have for now.

Edited by CarpeSalmon, 25 March 2006 - 03:00 PM.

#5 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

the first experience happened to my moms friend which was some 40 years ago. on a dare one of her friends jim C (for privacy reasons) went in to forest park cem. at midnight and had to sit ontop of the ruined archway in the mausoleum, he did and some 34 minutes into it he came out screaming with a 6 inch gash down his arm which later required 22 stitches to close. the last time she saw him he still had a scar which was 3 weeks ago at her job.

the other actually happened to my mom, back when she got her first car, a chevy maverick in 1972 she was cutting through oakwood cemetery to get home one night and when she was turning the corner to get to the east facing exit, her car just stopped dead like someone was pushing it back, as far as she knew no one else was there and she wasnt running over graves, and as soon as the car could move she saw 2 more shadows coming down from the hill next to her so she threw her car in reverse and went back the way she came. she still refuses to go back to any of the troy cemeteries today.

and my experience was in broad daylight at forest park. i went in to take some pictures during the day, my g/f was driving me and parked her car on troy country club road, i got out and went in and by the time she was with me i was in the old mausoleum, and she stayed outside of it near the collapsed window. I took some pictures of the graffiti and the old archway and then i started hearing whispering and voices all around me. i went over to ym g/f still by the window and asked if she said anything and she said no, so i went back to taking photos in the area around the mausoleum and started hearing the voices again so i went over to tell her to quit whatever she was doing. she then proceeded to get mad at me and went back to the car. now i was completely alone and the voices started again and out of the window in the back i saw humanoid shadows moving through woods toward me so i just ran for the main gates.

the same night we went to st amry's cemetery and for the record my digital camera sucks alot. i took about 25-30 pictures of the nicer looking monuments and mausoleums and when i downlaoded the picutres there was nothing but darkness except 3 which had some sort of foggy, smokey looking stuff in the top right corner, i dont have the photos to prove this but if given the chance again i beleive i can take more with similiar effect and a different camera.

thats the culmination of my experinces and if my grandparents were still alive im sure they would've had some info seeing as how they lived in troy most of their lives. but thats all i have for now.

Yours and your mother's experiences were pretty amazing. I have heard several times about dark figures moving around Oakwood Cemetery, but I was really amazed when you and your g/f heard voices in Forest Park. My voices were male. Were yours male also? Were you in St. Mary's Cemetery at night? If so, how did you get in, as I thought they were pretty strict about locking the gates at night. Have you ever tried to use an EVP recorder in those places? It might be interesting.

#6 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:41 AM

the voices I heard were a mixture of male and female, like a crowded room talking but it wasnt very loud, i cant say for my g/f although it was most likely th same thing, the sound when i was in the mausoleum sounded like there was a rather large crowd outside of it just talking.
we both entered through the side on troy country club road into forest park that way, but at st mary's the gates are rarely if ever locked as far as i can tell we may have just gotten lucky that night i dunno but, we just drove through the main gates and parked at the bottom of the hill. we came back an hour later and there was a herd of deer moving through th cemetery which was funny and odd at the same time but ive been to most of the troy cemeteries at night. i refuse to go to oakwoodat night mainly because of the risk of arrest because it's more highly patrolled then forest park, ive also been to all three during the day though but never used an EVP recorder. sometime soon my friend will be with us with his infrared equipment and some other technical recorders. so if were lucky we'll get a heat signature out of forest park,oakwood and elmwood.

#7 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

I have a question, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way at all. You said that when you went back an hour later that there was a herd of deer walking through. Is it possible that the "voices" that you heard earlier were actually the sounds of the deer carrying through the air? Deer do make some funny noises, which could be mistaken for quiet voices in the right circumstances.
Posted Image

#8 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Are you going back to Forest Park now that the weather is getting better? I can't believe you had all those things happen in broad daylight, and here I waited until after midnight. You were in there during the day and had amost the same experieinces. I guess you never know. How is Eagle Mills Cemetery? Have you heard anyone mention that? That is very dark at night and there are few people to bother you. It is very old and looks like it's worth checking out.

#9 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:59 AM

@justa, the possibility of the deer thing is in all actuality likely but at the same time unlikely, when i went to st mary's at the time there wasnt a single living being other then myself and my g/f there and i walked the entire length of the place and saw nothing. they couldve been in the woods around it but again its unlikely but you could be right

@lolah ive never heard of eagle mills cemetery. if i can get a ride some time ill go and check it out but as of late my g/f isn really willing to drive me more then 2 seconds (exaggeration) to a cemetery unless theres 10 other people, a film crew with full infrared and night vision equipment and atleast 14 people extra incase the initial 10 run off. so i'll see what info i can gather about eagle mills and post it here when i find it.

#10 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:28 AM

I have been going there for about 4 years and have experienced many things there. Extremely active area. I have seen anything from shadows (human and not human), red eyes, orbs, mist, even a blueish outline of a figure once. I also saw some shadows and some black thing hidden behind some bushes following us for a short time. We also heard a man whistling even though we were the only people there, and what sounded like a little girl screeching. You can see of the pictures I have gotten there at this site: http://photobucket.c...s/v168/djz2546/.

EVP Experiences:
First one I tried I left by the hollister angel. I spoke into it a couple times to test it and say what I was recording. Then I left the area with the other people I was with and checked out the rest of the cemetery. Then we came back and picked it up. I played it back at my house and I noticed something odd. Whenever a human being is talking, their voice plays back as if they were fast forwarded..kinda like an alvin and the chipmunks voice. Then, after clearing it up little, I found that towards the end of the tape there is a very slow and very low pitch moaning/chanting in either jibberish or some language I do not know of. Still cleaning it up to see if I can get any more.
Second one I tried inside the masoleum. I was with one other person, and it is not very safe to just have 2 people inside that cemetery, so we went back to the car for about 15-20 minutes. We went back in and got the tape, no big deal. After listening to it, again towards the end it sounds like a groaning or whistling sound that starts off low and increases in intensity until the tape stops. And like the last one, the tape played our voices fast forwarded. Still working on cleaning up this one too, but hopefully I'll one day get them online.
Besides the noises, something very strange happened the second time I tried EVP. We went back in and got the tape, then left. In the car, my friend and I want to listen to it, so he tries to rewind it....doesn't work. I am driving at this point but I want to know whats going on so I turn around and go back to the gate. There I tried rewinding the tape, but no success. So I flip the recorder over to make sure the batteries were in correctly..they were flipped around. Now, I usually have the batteries this way in order to conserve battery life so it doesn't turn on accidentally in my bag or something. So at first I just figured I forgot to reverse the batteries and we just wasted 20 minutes. So I switch them around disappointed. Then I try to rewind it again just for the heck of it...and it rewinds. Mind you, I was using a brand new tape that night, straight from the wrapper. I unwrapped it in the parking lot.
So the fact that the tape is now rewinding means that it did record something. I should also add that during the time it was recording in the masoleum, my friend and I were in his car in front of the gate facing the masoleum so we would be able to see if anyone in there went in and screwed with the tape. Plus, we would have heard footsteps approaching the tape when we played it back. We did not see anyone and no footsteps were recorded. Like i mentioned earlier the only thing sound wise was that whistling toward the end, but I also said that we left it recording for 15-20 minutes. Only 4.5-5 minutes actually recorded. Like the previous EVP, I breifly stated time and what I was recording in the beginning of the recording. That part did not play back, nor did it play the part when I went to pick up the recorder. It only played for about 5 minutes when my friend and i were in the car...now how do explain that????????

#11 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:38 AM

Those EVP tapes would be a great listen if they were online. i hope you manange to put them up soon. the last experience is very hard to explain and i cant think of one for it so maybe there are some things in the world that explanation is denied. I just got a new digital camera a few days ago and i will be taking that to forest park some time soon, which also means that my old one will be turned into an infrared camera. so i'll see how it goes.

#12 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

For a place that doesn't have a lot to choose from as far as hauntings go, Forest Park sure seems to make up for it, doesn't it? I have been to Gettysburg and had several amazing experiences that kept me up nights thinking, but they weren't scary - at least not to me, but there is something very strange about this cemetery that I can't explain. It doesn't seem like ghosts or earthbound spirits. It's something more. I guess some people might call it demonic, but I think that's just superstition. It almost seems like there is a portal there to another reality, and not a very nice one. It would be intersting to find out what caused it to be like that. I can't wait to go back if I can find someone nuts enough to go there with me lol.

#13 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

i would agree, forest park is one of those palces you want to live close to but are too afraid to. with all the experiences ranging from humanoid shadows, animal looking shadows and all of the stories about people being hurt when walking around there even back when it wasnt over-grown. I'd say theres defineately something wrong with that cemetery, the graves have been moved several times since the thing was built and some residents around there have said they arent there at all or are in unmakred graves. then combine that with the ammount of mass graves from accidents in the area like when a part of a college campus building burned and 6 girls died. If you want to let me know im willing to go to, my g/f is bascialy refusing to take me now unless theres more people so if i could get there, thatd be good.

#14 LolaH

LolaH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

i would agree, forest park is one of those palces you want to live close to but are too afraid to. with all the experiences ranging from humanoid shadows, animal looking shadows and all of the stories about people being hurt when walking around there even back when it wasnt over-grown. I'd say theres defineately something wrong with that cemetery, the graves have been moved several times since the thing was built and some residents around there have said they arent there at all or are in unmakred graves. then combine that with the ammount of mass graves from accidents in the area like when a part of a college campus building burned and 6 girls died. If you want to let me know im willing to go to, my g/f is bascialy refusing to take me now unless theres more people so if i could get there, thatd be good.

Yes, I would sure love to go back. The strange experiences I had there last summer, I think, happened because it was 11:30 p.m. and after that. Although things happen earlier at night there, I think going late gives the energy a chance to build, and at that hour, it is very quiet. All the neighbors are asleep and very few cars go by. I would love to find out what is causing those weird occurrences, but that's not very easy to do.

#15 CarpeSalmon

CarpeSalmon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

what would be really good is to plan a camp out there of some sort, like stay there the entire night from like 11:30 to sunrise and document what we hear and see. let me know if this sounds like a feasible plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users